Career Opportunity – Office Manager
The role of the full time Office Manager is to coordinate and/or implement administrative and accounting functions as follows:
- Respond to daily emails in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintain computer and hard copy filing system including confidential files.
- Compose general correspondence.
- Keep inventory of all supplies and order new supplies when necessary.
- Prepare board documents including minutes, policies and reports.
- Ongoing database management of members, donors, agencies, training, and events.
- Assist with the planning, communication, coordination as necessary and as requested for the fundraising events (including the annual fashion show).
- Coordinate and plan workshops or conferences including advertising, registration, set-up, and on-site coordination.
- Liaise with the 5 tenants sub-leasing space at 120 Maryland including complaint resolution, rent collection, and tracking of tenant expenses
- Oversee the general management of the building including cleaning, maintenance, and renovations when necessary.
- Preparation of all cheques for signature.
- Management of all receivables including creation of invoices, monthly recurring entries, tracking of accounts receivable, issuing statements, collections, etc.
- All day to day banking including deposits, cheque orders, monthly journal entries, online payments of utilities, and payroll.
- Prepare bank reconciliations, income statements and financial reports
- Prepare draft year-end financial statements, trial balance and all necessary information requested for auditors. Assist with preparation of annual budget.
- Track employee hours and process payroll through Payworks.
- Track and record charitable donations including issuance of official charitable donation receipts.
- Calculate annual rent increases and reconciliation of annual expenses for sub-tenants.
Other duties as identified by the Executive Director.
The successful applicant will:
- have at least 3 years prior experience in office management
- have excellent organizational skills
- communicate well both verbally and in writing
- have a strong knowledge and understanding of financial workings of a business
- be well versed in QuickBooks
- have strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- work very well with a range of people (staff, volunteers, Board, participants)
- experience with individuals with intellectual disabilities and community living principles would be a definite asset
Community Living Winnipeg is a registered charity dedicated to enhancing the lives and status of people living with an intellectual disability.
Please submit resumes with salary expectations by Friday, October 18, 2013.
Community Living Winnipeg is a registered charity dedicated to enhancing the lives and status of people living with an intellectual...