Career Opportunity – Office Manager
The role of the full time Office Manager is to coordinate and/or implement administrative and accounting functions as follows:
- Respond to daily emails in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintain computer and hard copy filing system including confidential files.
- Compose general correspondence.
- Keep inventory of all supplies and order new supplies when necessary.
- Prepare board documents including minutes, policies and reports.
- Ongoing database management of members, donors, agencies, training, and events.
- Assist with the planning, communication, coordination as necessary and as requested for the fundraising events (including the annual fashion show).
- Coordinate and plan workshops or conferences including advertising, registration, set-up, and on-site coordination.
- Liaise with the 5 tenants sub-leasing space at 120 Maryland including complaint resolution, rent collection, and tracking of tenant expenses
- Oversee the general management of the building including cleaning, maintenance, and renovations when necessary.
- Preparation of all cheques for signature.
- Management of all receivables including creation of invoices, monthly recurring entries, tracking of accounts receivable, issuing statements, collections, etc.
- All day to day banking including deposits, cheque orders, monthly journal entries, online payments of utilities, and payroll.
- Prepare bank reconciliations, income statements and financial reports
- Prepare draft year-end financial statements, trial balance and all necessary information requested for auditors. Assist with preparation of annual budget.
- Track employee hours and process payroll through Payworks.
- Track and record charitable donations including issuance of official charitable donation receipts.
- Calculate annual rent increases and reconciliation of annual expenses for sub-tenants.
Other duties as identified by the Executive Director.
The successful applicant will:
- have at least 3 years prior experience in office management
- have excellent organizational skills
- communicate well both verbally and in writing
- have a strong knowledge and understanding of financial workings of a business
- be well versed in QuickBooks
- have strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- work very well with a range of people (staff, volunteers, Board, participants)
- experience with individuals with intellectual disabilities and community living principles would be a definite asset
Community Living Winnipeg is a registered charity dedicated to enhancing the lives and status of people living with an intellectual disability.
Please submit resumes with salary expectations by Friday, October 18, 2013.
Indeed - 10 months ago
Community Living Winnipeg is a registered charity dedicated to enhancing the lives and status of people living with an intellectual...