Working towards a diploma/degree in Human Resources; Proficiency with HRIS an asset; Strong written, communication and interpersonal skills.
Funded by Service Canada, Canada Summer Jobs Eligibility: 15-30 yrs old (inclusive); Cdn. citizen or permanent resident of Canada, full-time student in previous academic year and returning to school on full-time basis in next academic year.
- Maintain H&S tracking sheet, and follow-up with actions; Review Injury Reports for health care injuries; Complete WSIB Form 7 with injured workers; Seasonal H&S Bulletins; Develop in conjunction with Advisor corporate Wellness Program; Facilitate H&S training for new and current staff; Assist with Disability Management and WSIB Claims Management.
- Data entry into HRIS; Maintains employee-related data bases; Prepares and reports that are necessary to carry out the functions of the department and company; Maintains employee training records.
- Assist in development of job descriptions
- Participates in staff meetings.
- Assist in the recruiting and selection for open positions; Review applicants to evaluate if they meet the position requirements; Assist in interviewing and selecting employees; Assist in performing reference and background checks for potential employees; Assist in writing and forwarding rejection letters; Assist in preparing and sending offer packages; Assist in preparing new employee orientation packages; Post openings in position appropriate venues.
- Set up grievance files, maintain log
- Produce letters for follow-up, where applicable
Please go to www.cltb.ca for more information or call 622-1099 ext 2241. Applications must include resume and references. Applications to be submitted by May 24th, 2013 to:
Mail: Human Resources
Community Living Thunder Bay
1501 Dease Street
Thunder Bay, ON P7C 5H3
Fax: (807) 622-8528
- Filing, as needed; Perform other duties as assigned.