Community Living BC Employee Review

View all Community Living BC reviews

Engaging, rewarding, and lifelong learning!
Provincial Trainer (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC7 February 2014
A typical day at work involves collaborating with my team across the province on a variety of projects via phone, webinars, or online presentations. We design, enhance, and evaluate on a continuous basis.
It also involves marking of assignments, on-line , and/or one to one support to new staff who are learning the planning philosophy of the organization. I am also engaged in yearly planning and co-ordinating of overall staff orientation with the agencies vision, values, history, roles, and policy. In addition providing liason support from regions to the head office.
My team is amazing and dedicated to "actively promote our agency as a learning organization that enhance the capacity of all staff to be recognized leaders in supporting the individuals we serve to live "good lives in welcoming communities".
The most enjoyable part of my work is creating, innovating, "revolutionizing", and learning together with others.
The hardest part of my job is not taking on too much as there are so many interesting things to learn and do.
Pros
amazing people to work with
Cons
navigating complex systems

Other Community Living BC Employee Reviews

always has the clients needs first and understands a workers need for life balance
Autism Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 September 2017
flexible and understanding employer with good ethics and administration. I never had a single problem working there was a charm - it always depends on your rapport with the client with these kind of jobs, but on the management side of things they did good I feel.
Rewarding and satisfying
Home Share Provider (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC16 August 2017
Working with Community Living BC has given me an appreciation for people of all cultures and abilities. I have matured in this atmosphere and developed a true compassion for and understanding of what my responsibilities are.
A typical day will include getting a client up, in some cases deal with their hygiene and physical needs. Distributing medication, providing breakfast. Ensure they are ready for pick up with Handy Dart to take them to their daily program with a packed lunch. Or if no program, plan their day to Sometimes medical/dental appointments are required therefore as a representative assist clients to and from.
Allow a calm and relaxing environment for clients to decompress from the day. Provide dinner and any medications. Assist in bedtime routines.
I believe the hardest part of this job is when a contract is beginning as there is always an adjustment to living full time with unfamiliar people as you learn their needs and requirements but harder is when a contract is finished or when when a client has passed away adjusting to the loss.
The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing a client who grows and develops to their full potential and the journey it takes to get there.

Comment – 17 August 2017

Another thought about CLBC is that the social workers are ever changing as is the system which makes it difficult to have a consistent Employer/Employee relationship.
The pay is average although the government announced a wage increase but to date I haven't been notified of any. It doesn't seem that it is on par with cost of living.