Community Living BC Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Good place to work, good managers and staff.
Supervisor of Administrative Services (SAS) (Former Employee) –  Port Moody, BCApril 20, 2016
Learned about mentally handicapped facilities; services to children with special needs. Management was very knowledgeable and fair. Can't recall the hardest part of the job because my job wasn't hard to do. The most enjoyable part of the job was completing a contract for a facility that would be able to provide services for a client; services for special needs children.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
While working for CLBC, I enjoyed the position and learned new skills.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Port Alberni, BCSeptember 15, 2012
I learned a lot and gained new skills. The best part was getting to know the client and helping her. The hardes part was dealing with behaviours but I learned how to deal with them. The most enjoyable part was getting to know the client then having fun doing client's nails when we had time.
Pros
worked with positive professionals
Cons
contract ended
A continuously evolving crown corporation
Service Centre Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 26, 2012
CLBC is a great place to work for those looking a secure government job. The pay is just above average for government workers. However CLBC is continuously evolving and due to changes in priority and the front line workers are overburdened with majorly reducing their quality of life. The ministry of social development has promised to add funding to enable CLBC hire more front line workers and relieve the entire organization of the heavy workload.
Pros
free coffee and secure government job
Cons
very high workload resulting in client complaints and staff turnover

4.3