Community Living BC

Community Living BC Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Engaging, rewarding, and lifelong learning!
Provincial Trainer (Current Employee), Victoria, BCFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: amazing people to work with
Cons: navigating complex systems
A typical day at work involves collaborating with my team across the province on a variety of projects via phone, webinars, or online presentations. We design, enhance, and evaluate on a continuous basis.
It also involves marking of assignments, on-line , and/or one to one support to new staff who are learning the planning philosophy of the organization. – more... I am also engaged in yearly planning and co-ordinating of overall staff orientation with the agencies vision, values, history, roles, and policy. In addition providing liason support from regions to the head office.
My team is amazing and dedicated to "actively promote our agency as a learning organization that enhance the capacity of all staff to be recognized leaders in supporting the individuals we serve to live "good lives in welcoming communities".
The most enjoyable part of my work is creating, innovating, "revolutionizing", and learning together with others.
The hardest part of my job is not taking on too much as there are so many interesting things to learn and do. – less
A continuously evolving crown corporation
Service Centre Analyst (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 26, 2012
Pros: free coffee and secure government job
Cons: very high workload resulting in client complaints and staff turnover
CLBC is a great place to work for those looking a secure government job. The pay is just above average for government workers. However CLBC is continuously evolving and due to changes in priority and the front line workers are overburdened with majorly reducing their quality of life. The ministry of social development has promised to add funding to – more... enable CLBC hire more front line workers and relieve the entire organization of the heavy workload. – less

About Community Living BC

As of March 31, 2007, CLBC serves more than 19,343 children and adults. Based on Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD) – Read more