Community Living BC Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Good place to work, good managers and staff.
Supervisor of Administrative Services (SAS) (Former Employee) –  Port Moody, BC20 April 2016
Learned about mentally handicapped facilities; services to children with special needs. Management was very knowledgeable and fair. Can't recall the hardest part of the job because my job wasn't hard to do. The most enjoyable part of the job was completing a contract for a facility that would be able to provide services for a client; services for special needs children.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Engaging, rewarding, and lifelong learning!
Provincial Trainer (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC7 February 2014
A typical day at work involves collaborating with my team across the province on a variety of projects via phone, webinars, or online presentations. We design, enhance, and evaluate on a continuous basis.
It also involves marking of assignments, on-line , and/or one to one support to new staff who are learning the planning philosophy of the organization. I am also engaged in yearly planning and co-ordinating of overall staff orientation with the agencies vision, values, history, roles, and policy. In addition providing liason support from regions to the head office.
My team is amazing and dedicated to "actively promote our agency as a learning organization that enhance the capacity of all staff to be recognized leaders in supporting the individuals we serve to live "good lives in welcoming communities".
The most enjoyable part of my work is creating, innovating, "revolutionizing", and learning together with others.
The hardest part of my job is not taking on too much as there are so many interesting things to learn and do.
Pros
amazing people to work with
Cons
navigating complex systems
A continuously evolving crown corporation
Service Centre Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 July 2012
CLBC is a great place to work for those looking a secure government job. The pay is just above average for government workers. However CLBC is continuously evolving and due to changes in priority and the front line workers are overburdened with majorly reducing their quality of life. The ministry of social development has promised to add funding to enable CLBC hire more front line workers and relieve the entire organization of the heavy workload.
Pros
free coffee and secure government job
Cons
very high workload resulting in client complaints and staff turnover

4.3