Community Living BC Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Contract Care Provider
Home Share Provider (Former Employee) –  Sooke, BC15 June 2017
I was never an employee of Community Living BC. I had contracts with them to provide care for special needs children and adults {foster care, adult care provider} from 1988 - 2015.

I can't really even rate them because over the years I worked with many Social Workers. I felt that some were great and others were lacking. I do feel that the pay was not fair across the board with some contract providers making big bucks whilst others made peanuts. I always felt that it was down to how well you were able to manipulate the system and who you knew that made the difference.

What can I say - I enjoyed caring and providing a safe environment for the people I cared for.
Good place to work, good managers and staff.
Supervisor of Administrative Services (SAS) (Former Employee) –  Port Moody, BC20 April 2016
Learned about mentally handicapped facilities; services to children with special needs. Management was very knowledgeable and fair. Can't recall the hardest part of the job because my job wasn't hard to do. The most enjoyable part of the job was completing a contract for a facility that would be able to provide services for a client; services for special needs children.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
While working for CLBC, I enjoyed the position and learned new skills.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Port Alberni, BC15 September 2012
I learned a lot and gained new skills. The best part was getting to know the client and helping her. The hardes part was dealing with behaviours but I learned how to deal with them. The most enjoyable part was getting to know the client then having fun doing client's nails when we had time.
Pros
worked with positive professionals
Cons
contract ended
A continuously evolving crown corporation
Service Centre Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 July 2012
CLBC is a great place to work for those looking a secure government job. The pay is just above average for government workers. However CLBC is continuously evolving and due to changes in priority and the front line workers are overburdened with majorly reducing their quality of life. The ministry of social development has promised to add funding to enable CLBC hire more front line workers and relieve the entire organization of the heavy workload.
Pros
free coffee and secure government job
Cons
very high workload resulting in client complaints and staff turnover

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Living BC. Our community is ready to answer.