Community Living BC Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
A continuously evolving crown corporation
Service Centre Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 26, 2012
CLBC is a great place to work for those looking a secure government job. The pay is just above average for government workers. However CLBC is continuously evolving and due to changes in priority and the front line workers are overburdened with majorly reducing their quality of life. The ministry of social development has promised to add funding to enable CLBC hire more front line workers and relieve the entire organization of the heavy workload.
Pros
free coffee and secure government job
Cons
very high workload resulting in client complaints and staff turnover
While working for CLBC, I enjoyed the position and learned new skills.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Port Alberni, BCSeptember 15, 2012
I learned a lot and gained new skills. The best part was getting to know the client and helping her. The hardes part was dealing with behaviours but I learned how to deal with them. The most enjoyable part was getting to know the client then having fun doing client's nails when we had time.
Pros
worked with positive professionals
Cons
contract ended
Engaging, rewarding, and lifelong learning!
Provincial Trainer (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCFebruary 7, 2014
A typical day at work involves collaborating with my team across the province on a variety of projects via phone, webinars, or online presentations. We design, enhance, and evaluate on a continuous basis.
It also involves marking of assignments, on-line , and/or one to one support to new staff who are learning the planning philosophy of the organization. I am also engaged in yearly planning and co-ordinating of overall staff orientation with the agencies vision, values, history, roles, and policy. In addition providing liason support from regions to the head office.
My team is amazing and dedicated to "actively promote our agency as a learning organization that enhance the capacity of all staff to be recognized leaders in supporting the individuals we serve to live "good lives in welcoming communities".
The most enjoyable part of my work is creating, innovating, "revolutionizing", and learning together with others.
The hardest part of my job is not taking on too much as there are so many interesting things to learn and do.
Pros
amazing people to work with
Cons
navigating complex systems

4.3