The Adult and Family Support Worker will be responsible coordination and delivery of a wide range of services to adults with an intellectual disability and their families.
1. A University Degree in a Social Science (Psychology), Social Work or Education. (Candidates possessing an acceptable combination of education and direct experience may be considered).
2. A sound knowledge developmental services as demonstrated practically through a minimum of two years’ experience working with adults with intellectual disabilities and their families.
3. Experience in the delivery of services using positive approaches.
4. Experience with individuals who present a dual diagnosis and familiarity with community based treatment approaches.
5. Extensive working knowledge of systems theories and family dynamics.
6. Good oral and written communication skills.
7. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
8. The ability to relate effectively with adults, parents, collateral service agencies and other community professionals.
9. Valid First Aid and health requirements as outlined in the Developmental Services Act and CLA Policies and Procedures.
10. Valid Ontario Driver’s License, use of a personal vehicle, maintenance of an acceptable driving record
required to travel within the East Algoma District
11. Ability to speak, read and write both in English and French will be considered an asset.
For further information please visit http://www.communitylivingalgoma.org/page/tempftafsw.aspx
Human Resources Coordinator
Community Living Algoma
99 Northern Avenue East
Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6B 4H5
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Community Living Algoma is an equal opportunity employer.
Community Living Algoma supports people with intellectual disabilities. We are committed to the advancement of a community...