Would you like to join a team of caring supportive individuals that are working towards a common goal of assisting persons with disabilities? Do you enjoy a challenge, problem solving, and assisting others to reach their employment goals, if so this may just be the right position for you!
Closing date for position 4:30 p.m. September 16, 2013
Title: Job Developer
Reports to: Executive Director
Our Mission: to create a fully inclusive society through building community capacity.
Our Vision: to create a world where equality is assumed, not earned; full citizenship is a right and not a privilege.
Working closely with the staff, clients and employers you play a key role in ensuring that persons with disabilities have an equal opportunity to employment in the Kings and East Annapolis Counties.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
You will provide support ….
Marketing & Sales:
- Promote a positive understanding of employability issues for persons with disabilities;
- Market job ready clients to employers
- Provide presentations to the general public, community groups and the business communities;
- Build a network of employers who will provide opportunities to appropriately referred clients.
- Input all relevant data into LaMPSS;
- Maintain detailed and accurate records and files of all client and employer meetings;
- Complete a monthly statistical report
- Follow-up on all employed clients to assist clients in maintaining their employment;
Additional duties and special projects as required
- Degree, diploma, or certificate in Business or Human Services;
- Knowledge of the business community
- Marketing experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Valid Driver’s license, and reliable transportation;
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and co-ordinate multiple concurrent projects with changing priorities and deadlines; and
- Proficient with office productivity software, and telecommunications tools.
- 37.5 hours/week;
- Salary range $18.37 - $20.41
- Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- On-site office environment, between Middleton and Kentville;
- Local paid travel (65% the time); and
- Benefits package
Send a cover letter and resume attention to Beth Easson
Mail or in person
Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
28 Aberdeen St, Suite 5,
Kentville NS, B4N 2N1