REDI MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
The Regional Economic Development Initiative for Northwest Alberta (REDI) is seeking to hire a manager.
REDI is a non-profit organization that seeks to promote and enhance economic development opportunities in the Mackenzie Region.
THE MANAGER WILL:
- Act as a dynamic, highly visible, collaborative and professional representative for regional economic development in the REDI region.
- Provide strategic direction to REDI in identifying and prioritizing regional development opportunities, and designing regional development projects that support the mission, vision and core values of REDI.
- Provide leadership to REDI in implementing approved projects and operational tasks, as identified in the REDI annual operations plan.
- Oversee the exchange of information with economic development professionals, elected officials and community leaders in the region.
- Understand the region’s attributes and promotes the region to companies and entrepreneurs seeking to invest or expand operations in the region.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES:
Under the leadership of the board of directors, the Manager will lead REDI in the development, implementation and project management of specific initiatives as defined in REDI’s annual operations plan and multi-year strategic plan, ensuring that these initiatives have a positive impact on the region’s economy.
The Manager will maintain effective and efficient operations of REDI to ensure that the region will benefit from available programs and services.
A post-secondary degree in Business or a post-secondary diploma with years of related experience.
Experience in a not-for-profit or municipal government environment is desirable.
- Well-developed organizational, project management, budget management and time management skills.
- Demonstrated strength in communications, with strong writing skills and thorough attention to detail.
- Research and analytical skills, with ability to effectively undertake primary and secondary research.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and multi-task various projects in response to opportunities and issues.
- Excellent meeting management and team building skills to work effectively with others internally and externally.
- Initiative and self-starter qualities, with ability to work alone.
- Good understanding of community and regional economic development challenges, issues, opportunities and tools.
- High degree of professionalism. Able to work with senior elected officials, business leaders, and key stakeholders.
- Strong computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, and various databases) including the use and application of web-based and desktop publishing software, and web content management systems.
Please send qualified resumes along with three (3) references:
Attention : Mike Osborn
Fax (780) 926-2162