Senior Property Manager, GTA
‘Working with you to create a great place to call home!’
Who We Are
Community First Developments Inc. was established in 1995 to provide a supportive and attractive environment in non-profit housing, putting the needs of people first. Our dedication and commitment to the community has been a great success and we now manage a large, growing portfolio of units, reflecting our consistent growth. In 2004, we extended our services to condominium and commercial properties through our sister company, ComField Management Services.
Working for Community First Developments Inc. is more than just a job. Our employees are committed to managing properties that fulfill the needs of the community, maintaining well kept housing that residents are proud to call home. Would you like to work for an organisation, which focuses on building healthy and supportive communities that reflect the diversity and unique character of each site?
Community First Developments offers the following:
- A rewarding career with a leading organisation that is growing
- Long-term career growth
- Competitive pay and benefits to include health, dental and long-term disability
- Tuition reimbursement for pre-approved courses
We are looking for a Senior Property Manager who is experienced in non-profit and or co-operative housing management to join our growing team.
Reporting to the ‘Executive Team’, this position will oversee operational tasks in managing assigned Properties within the Non-Profit/ Co-operative Housing environments.
- Directs and actively manages staff to meet and exceed operational objectives; provides technical knowledge and training to respective Boards and staff relating to development and adherence of business plans, by-laws and legal requirements.
- Monitors and assess key performance measures to ensure financial performance of portfolio is achieved. Reviews and develops operating budget, cash projections and instigates financial enhancements to meet portfolio targets.
- Oversees maintenance and monitors preventative maintenance program. Directs capital project management between respective third parties, Property Managers and government bodies to ensure safe, to-specifications and cost effective implementation of projects.
- Oversees and directs operational function of all properties within portfolio in accordance with Board direction, legislative requirements and CFDI policies/procedures.
- Provides technical resources/knowledge relating to Non Profit & Co-operative Funding Models, and Funding Agency Compliance Reviews; provides interpretation/directives to staff/clients relating to Housing Services Act, Residential Tenancies Act and other legislative requirements.
- Minimum 8 -10 years Co-op/ Non-Profit housing Property Management.
- Minimum 5 years experience managing employees.
- Comprehensive knowledge of RTA and HSA, OHSA, ESA & other related legislation.
- University degree in Business Administration/Commerce or equivalent work experience.
- Superior written and oral communication skills with proven presentation capabilities.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office environment, Yardi experience is an asset.
- Strong strategic thinking and business acumen capabilities.
- Proven leadership skills in managing multiple teams.
- Solid organizational and time management skills.
- Travel requirements within the broader GTA, particularly the eastern region.
- Work schedule includes frequent evening work to attend board/community activities.
Application: If you’d like to be a member of our growing team please quote SPM0003 and email both a covering letter and resume.
We thank all interested candidates. However, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No calls from recruiters please.