Property Manager – Burlington
‘Working with you to create a great place to call home!’
WHO WE ARE
Community First Developments Inc. was established in 1995 to provide a supportive and attractive environment in non-profit housing, putting the needs of people first. Our dedication and commitment to the community has been a great success and we now manage approximately 4,000 units, reflecting our consistent growth. In 2004, we extended our services to condominium and commercial properties through our sister company, ComField Management Services.
Working for Community First Developments Inc. is more than just a job. Our employees are committed to managing properties that fulfill the needs of the community, maintaining well-kept housing that residents are proud to call home. Would you like to work for an organisation, which focuses on building healthy and supportive communities that reflect the diversity and unique character of each site?
Community First Developments offers the following:
- A rewarding career with a leading organisation that is growing
- Long-term career growth
- Competitive pay and benefits to include health, dental and long-term disability
- Tuition reimbursement for pre-approved courses
We are looking for a Property Manager who is experienced in co-operative housing management to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Senior Property Manager, the Property Manager will oversee and administer operational tasks in managing assigned properties within Non-Profit / Co-op Housing sector.
- Maintain overall financial accountability and viability of assigned property.
- Ensure that the property is well maintained in accordance with contractual requirements, CFDI and local building standards
- Provide knowledge, support and make recommendations to Board of Directors and CFDI management to ensure compliance to various legislative standards and ensure good governance is maintained by all respective parties.
- University degree in Business Administration/Commerce or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years Property Management experience within the Co-op/ Non-Profit housing environment.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience managing employees.
- Comprehensive knowledge of RTA and HSA /CCA, OHSA, ESA & other related legislation.
- Superior written and oral communication skills with proven presentation capabilities.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office environment, Yardi experience is an asset.
- Strong strategic thinking and business acumen capabilities.
- Proven leadership skills in managing teams.
- Solid organizational and time management skills.
- Occasional travel requirements within the broader GTA.
- Work schedule includes frequent evening work to attend board/community activities.
Skills & Experiences:
- Minimum of three to five years successful Property Management experience and a post-secondary education in a relevant field.
- In-depth knowledge of non-profit and or co-op governance, maintenance and financials.
- Competent in RGI subsidy & marketing of vacant units including waitlist management.
- Knowledge of the RTA, (Housing Services Act and Cooperative Corporations Act an asset).
- Familiar with various Acts & Codes, including Fire Code, Building Code, and LTB proceedings.
- Experience in working with members including the follow up and successful collection of arrears
- Proficient computer skills; Yardi experience is considered an asset.
- Excellent people and communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Able to maintain confidentiality with a professional business manner.
- Experience working with a service manager would be an asset.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including some evening work.
Excellent written and spoken English mandatory for the position.
Application: If you’d like to be a member of our growing team please email your resume.
We thank all interested candidates. However, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No calls from recruiters please.