Live-in Superintendent - Mississauga
‘Working with you to create a great place to call home!’
Who We Are
Community First Developments Inc. was established in 1995 to provide a supportive and attractive environment in non-profit housing, putting the needs of people first. Our dedication and commitment to the community has been a great success and we now manage approximately 4,000 units, reflecting our consistent growth. In 2004, we extended our services to condominium and commercial properties through our sister company, ComField Management Services.
Working for Community First Developments Inc. is more than just a job. Our employees are committed to managing properties that fulfill the needs of the community, maintaining well-kept housing that residents are proud to call home. Would you like to work for an organisation, which focuses on building healthy and supportive communities that reflect the diversity and unique character of each site?
Community First Developments offers the following:
- A rewarding career with a leading organisation that is growing
- Long-term career growth
- Competitive pay and benefits to include health, dental and long-term disability
- Tuition reimbursement for pre-approved courses
We are looking for a Live-In Superintendent for a high rise building in Mississauga. This position involves on-call and rotational weekend work.
Skills & Experiences:
- Experienced in repairs and general maintenance including mechanical, electrical and plumbing trouble-shooting.
- Removal and installation of kitchen and bathroom hardware (counter tops, sinks, toilets, cabinets)
- Carpentry and painting
- Snow removal and landscaping.
- Cleaning and janitorial duties. (Residential cleaning and sanitation of vacant units for rental (appliances, bathrooms, kitchens, floors, etc.)
- Knowledge of Ontario Fire Code and Building Codes required.
- Knowledge or experience of using work orders.
- Moving appliances and some heavy lifting (may be necessary on occasion),
snow and ice removal
- Garbage / recycling removal and yard maintenance
- Common area cleaning in apartment buildings (bathrooms, laundry rooms, entryways, etc.)
- Emergency sanitation services
- On call duties (every other weekend off)
- Must have prior maintenance experience within a residential property. .
- Able to work with and relate to a diverse client base including people of various cultures, abilities, and social and economic backgrounds. Must maintain confidentiality.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision. This position will also require the applicant to demonstrate a high degree of self-initiation.
- Able to prioritize and organize workload and inventory.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills in English
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check required upon hire.
Application: If you’d like to be a member of our growing team please email your resume
We thank all interested candidates. However, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.