Full Time Position, (Mat Leave Contract)
‘Working with you to create a great place to call home!’
Who We Are
Community First Developments Inc. was established in 1995 to provide a supportive and attractive environment in non-profit housing, putting the needs of people first. Our dedication and commitment to the community has been a great success and we now manage a large, growing portfolio of units, reflecting our consistent growth. In 2004, we extended our services to condominium and commercial properties through our sister company, ComField Management Services.
Working for Community First Developments Inc. is more than just a job. Our employees are committed to managing properties that fulfill the needs of the community, maintaining well-kept housing that residents are proud to call home. Would you like to work for an organisation, which focuses on building healthy and supportive communities that reflect the diversity and unique character of each site?
We are looking for an Accounting Supervisor preferably with experience in Non-Profit and Condominium property accounting with prior experience using Yardi software. This position will cover for a maternity leave and is expected to last approximately one year.
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years of supervisory experience, with proven leadership skills
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in accounting with a preference given to property accounting
- Working knowledge of Ontario payroll and filing HST with government sources
- In-depth knowledge and experience of producing financial reporting procedures and relaying this information in a clear and concise manner to various Property Managers.
- Ability to produce and oversee monthly financial statements, balance income sheets, create property budgets, etc.
- Able to attend on-site board meetings and convey financial information to management staff and board members, recommending long-term goals and developing and implementing strategies to meet them
- Oversee all operating and financing activity, frequently liaising with bank staff
- Oversee and maintain accounts payable and receivable records.
- Experienced in the co-ordination and accurate processing of bi-weekly payrolls, and all related payroll activity.
- Experience filing HST with government sources.
- Proficient computer skills
- Excellent people, communication and time-management skills
- Excellent written and spoken English mandatory for the position.
Degree or diploma or equivalent in Accounting / Business Administration
Application: If you’d like to be a member of our growing team please quote “Accounting Supervisor – Mat Leave” and email both a covering letter and resume.
We thank all interested candidates. However, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No calls from recruiters please.