*This is a full time term position (materinity leave)
Term: Immediately - June 28, 2013*
The Nutrition Program Assistant is responsible for ensuring the nutritional needs of students are met according to the Canada Food Guide recommendations.
Key Areas of Accountability
1. Nutritional support for youth.
2. Menu planning, budgeting, shopping and food preparation.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Menu planning
- Food preparation
- Cleaning and maintaining kitchen area
- Knowledge of and training in Nutrition
- Related experience and desire to work with inner city youth.
- Must have a Food Handler Training Certificate
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good problem solving and multi-tasking ability
- Experience working with diverse groups of people, including youth.
- Experienced in budgeting and menu planning within a limited budget
- Able to work independently
- Experience and knowledge of inner-city youth
- Knowledge of local food resources
- Must have a driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Physically able to fill the requirements of the position
- Afternoon and early evening work.
CEDA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. For more information about CEDA, visit our website at www.cedawpg.org/
Closing date: Friday April 5, 2013