Job Type: Part Time (16-20 hours weekly)
Position Start Date: As soon as possible
Position End Date: N/A
Interested in making a difference in the lives of people with disabilities and the greater community? Then this may be the job for you. We’re looking for enthusiastic individuals who have excellent leadership and communication skills as well as the empowering perspective of increasing the quality of life of people with disabilities through their social inclusion and personal development. Key job responsibilities include establishing and maintaining community social networks for youth with disabilities and supporting youth’s communication and social skills.
- Attending regular training and multi-disciplinary team meetings (team members include community inclusion consultant and rehabilitative health professionals),
- Participating in team-based approach to youth with disabilities developing valued roles in the community and increased independence
- Implementing recommendations of multi-disciplinary team
- Providing 1 to 1 support to youth with disabilities
- Assisting youth with disabilities in activities at home and in the community
- Working independently in the community and other environments.
- Managing daily schedule and completing documentation
- Pursuing opportunities for youth with disabilities increased social connections and networks in the community
- Demonstrates client centered values
- Demonstrates good communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Effective time and priority management skills
- Interacts effectively with others in the youth with disabilities’ social network.
- Previous volunteer or work related experience
- Criminal record check required within 1 month of hiring
- Valid driver's license
- Valid emergency first aide certificate an asset
Please submit a resume including a cover letter