This full time, 40 hour/week administrative position works within the Communitas HR Department, focusing on staff training coordination, manual and document composition; and ShareVision maintenance.
1. Staff Training
- Create and distribute advertising, organize registration and other arrangements (e.g. location and food prep) for training events, staff orientations, etc.
- Ensure receipt of training signoff and maintain signoff binder for all programs
- Collate employee responses from Training Response Forms, enter to Avanti
- Point of Contact for Introduction to Community Support Work modules (registrations, follow up)
- Coordinate updating of Required Reading lists for various service sectors/programs; ensure up to date lists are included in WPRs, Employment Agreement packages, Orientation Packages, Manuals, etc.
- Maintain Required Reading library in the HR Office
- As directed by CHRO and HR Manager, create, revise and distribute various manuals related to the employment process (HR Policy and Procedures Manual, HR Internal Procedures Manual)
- Create, revise and distribute generic and program specific Orientation Packages for all Communitas programs
- As directed by applicable LT staff, revise, produce and distribute policy/procedures manuals for the organization (e.g. RSM, MH, etc.)
3. Sharevision Maintenance
- Implement changes as required (e.g. add/delete users and clients, change manager assignments, create new programs, respond to questions from users re troubleshooting or basic use).
4. Annual Staff Surveys
- In consultation with HR team, develop/update annual staff survey and OHS survey
- Distribute, receive, collate employee responses and report results to CHRO
5. Coordinate distribution of referral incentives for eligible staff
6. Track and send cards to employees for birthdays and anniversary of start dates
7. Employee Files
- Maintain filing system for employee HR files
8. Organize annual Staff Appreciations (coordinate dates, identify staff, prepare certificates and awards, etc.)
9. Act as administrative staff representative at Staff Forum meetings; produce and distribute minutes of meetings
10. Provide clerical assistance to the HR Department as required
11. Other duties as required
- College level education in related field, Minimum of 4 years office/administrative experience
- A philosophy of service that is in line with the philosophy and values of Communitas Supportive Care
- Excellent teamwork skills, as well as the ability to work independently without supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, pleasant telephone manner
- Excellent computer skills that include a high level of document composition, editing and desktop publishing, as well as proven experience with MS Word & Excel; proficient with internet and intranet use & communication
- Ability to work accurately and effectively in a fast-paced and changing environment, able to establish work priorities, effectively multi-task and balance varying demands
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships by exercising tact and diplomacy while maintaining the highest levels of service and confidentiality
To apply, please complete our application at www.CommunitasCare.com. In addition to completing an application, resumes may be sent to Leslie Friesen by email, or Fax: 604.850.2634