Commissionaires

Commissionaires Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Commissionaires
Security Guard (Current Employee), Victoria, BCMarch 9, 2015
Great guys to work for the only draw back is the low pay and starting on the oncall list. The pay is low but most of these security companies all pay low or lower. its a shame as I really enjoy the work its just not a livable wage in this day and age
Airport Security
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Prince George, BCMarch 9, 2015
Pros: 4 days of work 4 days off
Cons: shift work low wages for supervisory position.
Dealing with Public was interesting at times..
Understanding the rules of the restricted areas airports.
Safety and l Issues to deal with on a normal day.
This is a great company to work for.
MST OAKVILLE (Current Employee), Oakville, ONFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: i am sort of my own boss.
Cons: some nights feel longer than others
I start my patrols at 6:00 pm with checking for any notes left from the previous shift and get my patrol log ready to go, | leave the office and do a complete circle check on the vehicle I will be driving. I start my patrols and drive to different locations all night. I return to the office shortly after 5:00 am and complete my patrol log and enter all the information into the computer and email this information to Head Office.
Productive work environment
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Christina Lake, ABJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: shift work
Excellent employer, challenging assignments, excellent pay and benefits.
Steady, reliable and enjoyable work !
Security Guard (full-time) (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 7, 2014
Pros: stability.
Cons: can be long
An opportunity to grow, and learn how to be more vigilant. I had to be ready to report or signal any occurrences, on different government work sites. This is the type of work, that permits you to discover or em-better your observing skills. You can be reminded of how to be more attentive to details.
dealing with tourist, and local people
Security (Current Employee), Lethbridge, ABOctober 30, 2014
Pros: freindly atmosphere
Cons: deling with intoxicated people
keeping grounds clear of intoxicated people, theft. Also with any unhappy people, and directing people to right areas they need to get info. worked on my own at site. dealt with traffic problems as there was a dump site for trailers there as well. liked to talk and meeting with tourist from all over.
Friendly and professional
Security Officer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 26, 2014
Pros: good company, friendly workers
All employees work hard, and help each other. Supervisor, and manager listen to their employees, and help them whenever a situation arises.
Good place for new to industry. lot can learn that how you can handle" Normal and abnormal behaviors"
Security Officer (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: christmas and other small lunches
Cons: long hours to stand
Management Not bad.

Learned number of investigative skills, day by day close to the client and customer satisfaction, Build up more customer service oriented,
not include only these. This box isn't enough to fill.

Most of the times, i do work on my own. few times, work with others.
well, good team. we have good buddy system..

Nothing seems to me, harder while i am doing my job. security isn't the job form me. It's my passion. i do enjoy every movement of my day.

i do like to take responsibility of my job. this is why, i never i get tired of doing.

i enjoyed every movement of job except few times if i felt unhealthy mode. otherwise, should be fine.
Best Security Company work for
Security Guard (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: it is great company work for and highly recommended.
Cons: there is not too many permanent postions available but it takes time to get one.
Commissionaires is not a like other security companies. Other Security companies even can not get closer to what the Commissionaires does. They operates totally different and treat their employees with respect. It is the best Security Company work for but there are very few permanent positions are available. Because the pay is higher than other security companies, people keep their positions for long time. Most of Commissionaire are ex-veterans or retired police officers. Because it is reputation, Commissionaires can be also great reference for future career. People works in the scheduler department are very polite and respectful. They treat Commissionares with respect.
good starting or finishing point
Security Guard (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCAugust 26, 2014
co-workers and staff or awesome. pay is a little low. lots of chance to gain knowledge
Love My Job
Site manager (Former Employee), St. John's, NLAugust 9, 2014
I love my Job but I would love to find something full time. I am The Site Manager here and love all my Staff.
wonderful company to work for
security officer (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: management style very impressive
Cons: nothing that i can recall
moved east to be with family sorry to leave job
enjoyed co-workers
very strict regiment
Security (Current Employee), Truro areaFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: lawytons card
Cons: to long of hours
not enough hours only always 12 hour shifts
always night shifts
great coworkers, strict management, low pay.
security guard (Current Employee), london, onJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: low pay, poor managment
Fun place to work with great coworkers but the pay is low and expectations are high. Management depends on the person, some are good and some are bad. Also they like to "accidently" pay you less then you actually worked and not notice. Then they make you send in paystubs proving that you worked the hours you say you didn't get paid for, my last pay was for 5 hours and I got paid 93 cents.
The best Security Company in Victoria
Security Guard (Former Employee), Victoria, BCDecember 22, 2013
The Commissionaires are a great company to work for, the best paying .
Security Supervisor
Peace Officer/Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 9, 2013
As a Security Afternoon Shift Supervisor I was responsible of looking after my subordinates, the people of the building and the property
12 hour days looking at a computer
Security Guard (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 4, 2013
Typical day at work is sitting in front of a computer for 12 hours with only 2 20 min breaks. trying to balance people walking up to your desk, answering phones, monitoring cameras and alarms, and responding to alarms.

management only ever see the bad and negative things and never or rarely say good job. Co workers have low moral and dont care about their jobs because the management doesnt respect us.

Employers expect you to pick up extra shift but wont approve vacation time.
Fast Paced high priority company
Supervisor CGL Sarnia MST (Current Employee), Sarnia On.September 20, 2013
The Position I currently Hold is a fast paced and challenging one, Thus it is enjoyed and has afforded me the chance for a greater personal growth as a Supervisor and as a worker in general.
shift work, afternoons and graveyards
Security Officer (Current Employee), Nanoose Bay, BCAugust 23, 2013
Pros: short commuting distance for myself
Cons: many graveyards
basically a fairly easy position aside from shift work. responsible for both static patrols and computer monitoring of secure areas
It can be an unforgettable experience.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 8, 2013
It is a lot of challenge.It can be fun or really stressful.It is permanent contact with people-all ages and backgrounds.You can build feed-back with the general customer witch can lead in gaining professional experience in dealing with unexpected situations..

About Commissionaires

Commissionaires is Canada's premier security company, offering a unique combination of integrity, experience and innovation.