Commissionaires

Commissionaires Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Poor management
Security guard - mobile unit (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Friendly co-workers
Cons: Very poor management
Worst office management I've ever encountered in the Security industry. Favouritism in giving out assignments without consideration of seniority, depending if the staff likes you or not Friendly co-workers. Pay is low, long hours. Unhelpful office staff with a demeaning attitude.
needs improvement
Security Guard - Mobile Unit (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKJuly 27, 2015
Pros: some nice people
Cons: harassment issues, co-workers
There are definitely areas that need improvement. This is a massive well-established company that has a stagnant, misogynistic, too big to fail attitude and issues, such as harassment are not dealt with.
Very happy place to work
Security Professional (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 24, 2015
Pros: all is well
Cons: none
In all, no complaints, great work places, management is very helpful, a standard day is great, you know what is expected to do, work at your own pace, everybody leaves you alone, you feel great when you go home
Commissionaires Summary
Security Officer (Former Employee), Victoria, BCJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Quiet half the night
Cons: Rotating Shift Work
I started there two years ago it was an amazing job the work experience was amazing and the co workers were friendly.
Only problem I had with the job was the rotating shift work.
working with co-workers is fun.
Security Guard (Current Employee), Barrie, ONApril 26, 2015
- You learn to interact with others on a daily basis.
- Co-workers are friendly.
- Meet new people.
- Schedule of shifts are well managed by supervisor.
- The most enjoyable part of working at Commissionaires is that you are always meeting friendly people on a daily basis.
Nor AB Rgn - Poor Management & No Leadership
Patrolman (Former Employee), EdmontonApril 22, 2015
Pros: The Commissionaires are great people
Cons: Civilian management very self centered and inexperienced
It's like the CAF Officers of the 90s. The Civilian Sr staff looks out for themselves but not the Commissionaires. The pay is very poor with long hours. The CEO is nowhere to be seen when problems arise. I had to quit as the leadership that tries to mimic the military is very inexperienced and have very poor decision making skills. It is really quite disturbing the way the Commissionaires is managed in Edmonton. If this was a military unit, it would be disbanded in disgrace,
very productive and organized
Security Officer (Current Employee), Regina, SKApril 15, 2015
Its a Non Profitable Organization which has a well structured environment thereby awarding the employees with good benefits.
Meeting people from all over the world
Security Guard (Former Employee), Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NLMarch 18, 2015
Pros: ski=doo patrols
Cons: low salary
Management was fantastic at 5 Wing Goose Bay. Roaming patrols were always fun. working with the military police on different events with regards to building and runway security.
Commissionaires
Security Guard (Current Employee), Victoria, BCMarch 9, 2015
Great guys to work for the only draw back is the low pay and starting on the oncall list. The pay is low but most of these security companies all pay low or lower. its a shame as I really enjoy the work its just not a livable wage in this day and age
Airport Security
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Prince George, BCMarch 9, 2015
Pros: 4 days of work 4 days off
Cons: shift work low wages for supervisory position.
Dealing with Public was interesting at times..
Understanding the rules of the restricted areas airports.
Safety and l Issues to deal with on a normal day.
This is a great company to work for.
MST OAKVILLE (Current Employee), Oakville, ONFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: i am sort of my own boss.
Cons: some nights feel longer than others
I start my patrols at 6:00 pm with checking for any notes left from the previous shift and get my patrol log ready to go, | leave the office and do a complete circle check on the vehicle I will be driving. I start my patrols and drive to different locations all night. I return to the office shortly after 5:00 am and complete my patrol log and enter all the information into the computer and email this information to Head Office.
Productive work environment
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Christina Lake, ABJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: shift work
Excellent employer, challenging assignments, excellent pay and benefits.
Steady, reliable and enjoyable work !
Security Guard (full-time) (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 7, 2014
Pros: stability.
Cons: can be long
An opportunity to grow, and learn how to be more vigilant. I had to be ready to report or signal any occurrences, on different government work sites. This is the type of work, that permits you to discover or em-better your observing skills. You can be reminded of how to be more attentive to details.
dealing with tourist, and local people
Security (Current Employee), Lethbridge, ABOctober 30, 2014
Pros: freindly atmosphere
Cons: deling with intoxicated people
keeping grounds clear of intoxicated people, theft. Also with any unhappy people, and directing people to right areas they need to get info. worked on my own at site. dealt with traffic problems as there was a dump site for trailers there as well. liked to talk and meeting with tourist from all over.
Friendly and professional
Security Officer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 26, 2014
Pros: good company, friendly workers
All employees work hard, and help each other. Supervisor, and manager listen to their employees, and help them whenever a situation arises.
Good place for new to industry. lot can learn that how you can handle" Normal and abnormal behaviors"
Security Officer (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: christmas and other small lunches
Cons: long hours to stand
Management Not bad.

Learned number of investigative skills, day by day close to the client and customer satisfaction, Build up more customer service oriented,
not include only these. This box isn't enough to fill.

Most of the times, i do work on my own. few times, work with others.
well, good team. we have good buddy system..

Nothing seems to me, harder while i am doing my job. security isn't the job form me. It's my passion. i do enjoy every movement of my day.

i do like to take responsibility of my job. this is why, i never i get tired of doing.

i enjoyed every movement of job except few times if i felt unhealthy mode. otherwise, should be fine.
Best Security Company work for
Security Guard (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: it is great company work for and highly recommended.
Cons: there is not too many permanent postions available but it takes time to get one.
Commissionaires is not a like other security companies. Other Security companies even can not get closer to what the Commissionaires does. They operates totally different and treat their employees with respect. It is the best Security Company work for but there are very few permanent positions are available. Because the pay is higher than other security companies, people keep their positions for long time. Most of Commissionaire are ex-veterans or retired police officers. Because it is reputation, Commissionaires can be also great reference for future career. People works in the scheduler department are very polite and respectful. They treat Commissionares with respect.
good starting or finishing point
Security Guard (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCAugust 26, 2014
co-workers and staff or awesome. pay is a little low. lots of chance to gain knowledge
Love My Job
Site manager (Former Employee), St. John's, NLAugust 9, 2014
I love my Job but I would love to find something full time. I am The Site Manager here and love all my Staff.
wonderful company to work for
security officer (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: management style very impressive
Cons: nothing that i can recall
moved east to be with family sorry to leave job
enjoyed co-workers

About Commissionaires

Commissionaires is Canada's premier security company, offering a unique combination of integrity, experience and innovation.