Commissionaires Employee Reviews

It was a fun one year.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 February 2018
I loved the job. I loved the computer assignments. The patrol on the truck was fun. I loved driving the truck and doing the patrol. But I missed the paper work of accounting.
Pros
New experiences.
Great Place to be employeed
RCMP Detention Guard (Current Employee) –  Port Hawkesbury, NS7 February 2018
Great place to be part of a team. Unfortunately they have to many offices and sometimes its hard to get a hold of the right person when you have a question.
Great workplace
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 January 2018
Arrive to work, get settled in and begin my day. Usally show up 30 minutes early to get all the information about what has happened before I got to work.
Pros
Free lunch with long shifts
Cons
LONG hours
Great supportive company
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 January 2018
Work is good if you can get a full time post. No day is the same as you are constantly moving and dealing with individuals. Learning comes from every member of the team, and everyone is treated as equal. Work closely with police and other law officials.
Pros
Part of a team
Cons
Troubled individuals
Fun place to work, love my work environment
Agent de sécurité (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 January 2018
1 of the main responsibilities that I do as a security guard is to write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.

I also circulate among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property.

In a normal work day, another thing that I do is they answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information during non-business hours or when switchboard is closed.

In addition to that, they warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and apprehend or evict violators from premises, using force when necessary.
Pros
team work, protect my community
Cons
requirement of a large number of reports
Not a place for me.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 January 2018
Just wasn't for me. They don't seem to care about their employees. you phone in late it counts as a book off, you leave 1 hour early in a 12 hour shift it counts as a book off, they don't care if you have a family or medical condition and expect you to work rotation shifts with said medical condition. They just look to pass the blame and can never accept responsibility.
I preferred working in a warehouse or trade environment.
Pros
zero
A job
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 January 2018
This is a great place if you would like part time work and want to call in to fill shifts. You will learn what different locations expect of you. The rate of pay in not what is should be for the work that is asked.
There is advancement yet it takes a long while. There are no sick days, benefits are limited to what you pay each month for.
Pros
Gov't sites pay best
Cons
Head Office
Pay rates
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL14 December 2017
What do they charge per stop with mobile patrol vs the amount they pay the guard.
What are the minimum and maximum number of stops per shift.? Do they charge mileage or is that covered in the price of the patrol.
I enjou working for The Commishinaries but they have no full time positioms open a d I need a full tie job. See below.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 December 2017
I ENJOY working The Commishinaries but I'm on there Spare Board and I need a full time Job so I no what my pay is every 2 weeks.

I am a good Security Guard and I ENJOY the work.
Pros
12 hr shifts
Cons
Dirty work place
I cannot recommend.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC10 December 2017
The recruiter promised full time employment, at a specified rate to kick in after my initial probationary period had ended. When I asked for a copy of the contract stating all of this that we had just signed; she said that none of the photocopiers worked, but she would get me a copy later. This never happened. I temporarily moved into downtown Vancouver for training. I was top candidate for the course. None of the staff would discuss my concerns, and the recruiter refused to respond. I made an appointment to speak to the President and CEO. After I drove into downtown Vancouver I was informed that the President and CEO had changed his mind, and wouldn't be meeting with me after all. Nothing of what I was promised, initially by the recruiter and throughout training was ever provided. Such a waste of time and money. If your an injured Veteran like me, I would recommend that you think twice.
Pros
Cons
Bogus contracts, recruiter lied, had to find a place to live in downtown Vancouver for initial training at cost to myself.
Hello
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL1 December 2017
Commissionaires is a great company to work for but can sometimes lack hours for some people. it seems to me that there business time in Newfoundland is Summer. But great organization and are well respected in Newfoundland by people and local authority.
Pros
Well Respect Company, Pay you on time if they do not will get check to you right away.
Cons
Long Hours, Not Family Friendly, A lot of weekend shifts, Shift work 24/7
Poor working ebvienment and atmosphere
Escort (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 November 2017
Poor management skill and had no concept of human relationship all about. Very uneven handed treating new and existing employee, scheduling is almost non existed, day by day scheduling is not what employee wanted or needed
Terrible place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC5 November 2017
Its simple unless your at a desk working with the Commissionaires, you wont have a future and you'll struggle just to get paid. Communication is such a problem with this company that its digging a hole quick here in its kelowna branch, out of all the places I have ever worked in my life this is the worst have fun !:D.
Pros
If you like to be invisible in a company, this is your place. They have ok uniforms.
Cons
Everything minus there uniforms.
1star
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON30 October 2017
VERY unorganized, pay sucks, uniform price is outrageous, and nothing is guaranteed so you can work 40 hours 1 week and 0 the next because they have no placements with steady hours
Cons
Horrible pay
My expedience
Detention Guard (Former Employee) –  Rae Edzo, NT28 October 2017
Depending on the time of day. You may need to wake up at night to get a call from the detachment so you come in do the shift. Clean up afterwards and move on to your day.

Shift may vary in this job, its mostly call-ins so you don't really know what is going on until you get there.

What i learn from this job is that you will need to pack what could entertain you and whatever keep you awake depending on the hour of sleep you got. And bring meal or snacks.

Hardest part is keeping awake and sometimes cleaning up.

The people you work with are usually great and whatever you need to catch up on reading this job is great for that.
Pros
Free Time
Cons
Shifts may vary
Unprofessional and toxic work environment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 October 2017
Typical day at work consisted of completing assigned duties at your post. I learned that Commissionaires despite their outward appearance are just as slimy and scummy as the rest of the contract security industry. They care nothing for any of their front line staff. Extremely shady business practices and no professionalism at all in their first line supervisors
Organized, friendly organization
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 October 2017
Well respected and knowledgeable staff. Good training and advancement opportunities.
12 hours shifts at various locations, get to know places in city.
Great friendly Environment
Sergeant, Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 October 2017
I have been with commissionaires for over a year now and can say I really enjoy working for them , the staff at the office are very friendly. I work full time with a great team and great detachment commander.
Pros
good pay
Cons
12 hour shifts
It was a good company to work for
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 September 2017
The hours of work was difficult , to much night shift. I left for better hours and wages. I worked at the same site in London for 4 years, I said it was good job just hours were difficult
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 September 2017
Since i have been with the commissionaire, i have learnt a lot both professionally, The work environment is conducive, welcoming and attractive for growth.
Pros
Attractive and continouse learning environment
Cons
Competitive salary