Commissionaires

Commissionaires Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Steady, reliable and enjoyable work !
Security Guard (full-time) (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 7, 2014
Pros: stability.
Cons: can be long
An opportunity to grow, and learn how to be more vigilant. I had to be ready to report or signal any occurrences, on different government work sites. This is the type of work, that permits you to discover or em-better your observing skills. You can be reminded of how to be more attentive to details.
dealing with tourist, and local people
Security (Current Employee), Lethbridge, ABOctober 30, 2014
Pros: freindly atmosphere
Cons: deling with intoxicated people
keeping grounds clear of intoxicated people, theft. Also with any unhappy people, and directing people to right areas they need to get info. worked on my own at site. dealt with traffic problems as there was a dump site for trailers there as well. liked to talk and meeting with tourist from all over.
Friendly and professional
Security Officer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 26, 2014
Pros: good company, friendly workers
All employees work hard, and help each other. Supervisor, and manager listen to their employees, and help them whenever a situation arises.
Good place for new to industry. lot can learn that how you can handle" Normal and abnormal behaviors"
Security Officer (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: christmas and other small lunches
Cons: long hours to stand
Management Not bad.

Learned number of investigative skills, day by day close to the client and customer satisfaction, Build up more customer service oriented,
not include only these. This box isn't enough to fill.

Most of the times, i do work on my own. few times, work with others.
well, good team. we have good buddy system..

Nothing seems to me, harder while i am doing my job. security isn't the job form me. It's my passion. i do enjoy every movement of my day.

i do like to take responsibility of my job. this is why, i never i get tired of doing.

i enjoyed every movement of job except few times if i felt unhealthy mode. otherwise, should be fine.
Best Security Company work for
Security Guard (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: it is great company work for and highly recommended.
Cons: there is not too many permanent postions available but it takes time to get one.
Commissionaires is not a like other security companies. Other Security companies even can not get closer to what the Commissionaires does. They operates totally different and treat their employees with respect. It is the best Security Company work for but there are very few permanent positions are available. Because the pay is higher than other security companies, people keep their positions for long time. Most of Commissionaire are ex-veterans or retired police officers. Because it is reputation, Commissionaires can be also great reference for future career. People works in the scheduler department are very polite and respectful. They treat Commissionares with respect.
good starting or finishing point
Security Guard (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCAugust 26, 2014
co-workers and staff or awesome. pay is a little low. lots of chance to gain knowledge
Love My Job
Site manager (Former Employee), St. John's, NLAugust 9, 2014
I love my Job but I would love to find something full time. I am The Site Manager here and love all my Staff.
wonderful company to work for
security officer (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: management style very impressive
Cons: nothing that i can recall
moved east to be with family sorry to leave job
enjoyed co-workers
very strict regiment
Security (Current Employee), Truro areaFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: lawytons card
Cons: to long of hours
not enough hours only always 12 hour shifts
always night shifts
great coworkers, strict management, low pay.
security guard (Current Employee), london, onJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: low pay, poor managment
Fun place to work with great coworkers but the pay is low and expectations are high. Management depends on the person, some are good and some are bad. Also they like to "accidently" pay you less then you actually worked and not notice. Then they make you send in paystubs proving that you worked the hours you say you didn't get paid for, my last pay was for 5 hours and I got paid 93 cents.
The best Security Company in Victoria
Security Guard (Former Employee), Victoria, BCDecember 22, 2013
The Commissionaires are a great company to work for, the best paying .
Security Supervisor
Peace Officer/Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 9, 2013
As a Security Afternoon Shift Supervisor I was responsible of looking after my subordinates, the people of the building and the property
12 hour days looking at a computer
Security Guard (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 4, 2013
Typical day at work is sitting in front of a computer for 12 hours with only 2 20 min breaks. trying to balance people walking up to your desk, answering phones, monitoring cameras and alarms, and responding to alarms.

management only ever see the bad and negative things and never or rarely say good job. Co workers have low moral and dont care about their jobs because the management doesnt respect us.

Employers expect you to pick up extra shift but wont approve vacation time.
Fast Paced high priority company
Supervisor CGL Sarnia MST (Current Employee), Sarnia On.September 20, 2013
The Position I currently Hold is a fast paced and challenging one, Thus it is enjoyed and has afforded me the chance for a greater personal growth as a Supervisor and as a worker in general.
shift work, afternoons and graveyards
Security Officer (Current Employee), Nanoose Bay, BCAugust 23, 2013
Pros: short commuting distance for myself
Cons: many graveyards
basically a fairly easy position aside from shift work. responsible for both static patrols and computer monitoring of secure areas
It can be an unforgettable experience.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 8, 2013
It is a lot of challenge.It can be fun or really stressful.It is permanent contact with people-all ages and backgrounds.You can build feed-back with the general customer witch can lead in gaining professional experience in dealing with unexpected situations..
very active and people oriented environment
Security Officer (Former Employee), Ottawa ontarisApril 12, 2013
Pros: many co-workers friends
Cons: very long hours
Patrol Government Mall
Work with repair contractors
Return lost items to customers
Personal injury emergencies
Conversing with the Public
An enjoyable place to work.
Security/Receptionist (Former Employee), Halifax, NSFebruary 2, 2013
Pros: volunteering for the many charities the company was involved in.
Cons: no benefits package offered
I enjoyed working for the Commissionaire Corp. My site supervisor and I worked well together to make our work place a enjoyable place to work for all. I enjoyed working with the public that visited our work site and all of my co-workers as well. The hardest part of this job was the ours, when I started I was working a 14.5 hour days 3 days a week and then my ours were cut down to 7 hours a day 5 days a week.
A productive and challenging workplace
Security Training Coordinator (Current Employee), Kingston, ONJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: fair compensation and benefits
Cons: can be very stressfull environment
Working with diverse personalties and developing lasting friendships.
Like working in the army
security guard(former employee) (Former Employee), albertaDecember 31, 2012
Pros: job was close to home
Cons: long hours, nightshift, broken promises, uniform, boring
It felt like being in the army. They didn't live up to my expectations of what they were. They criticized every little thing. Did not enjoy working for them. Lots of broken promises.

About Commissionaires

Commissionaires is Canada's premier security company, offering a unique combination of integrity, experience and innovation.