Commissionaires Ottawa

Commissionaires Ottawa Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
not now
Security Guard (Former Employee), North Bay OntarioJanuary 16, 2014
I have very little to say at this time
I work alone
some management is good
Excellent clients, job security, work/life balanced
Security Guard/Escort/Switchboard Operator (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 5, 2013
Pros: job security
Cons: working with others not capable of job requirements
Customer service skills important. Flexible when time off is required for personal administration. Very diverse in personalities from all co-workers in seen. You are often able to work on your own and have times to know the clients on a more personal basis.
It's an OK in-between job, or a job for students or old men. There are few to no opportunities for advancement, and job security is practically nil.
Security (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 27, 2013
Pros: lots of opportunity to get caught up on my reading.
Cons: too much time to get caught up on my reading, no opportunity for advancement, not the best pay in the world.
A typical day at work is thus: Sit in front of three computer monitors that cycle through CCTV security camera feed. Make sure no one enters the building without express permission of the employer. Foot patrols every couple of hours or so. Minimal interaction with the clientele. Lots of opportunity for reading.

I learned that security is not a career, – more... but a job.

Management has been shaky, but corrections have been made and people replaced, and now it's tip-top. The operation at my job-site is now extremely efficient, which is a relief and a welcome change.

There really is no "hard part" to this job, provided you have the most basic people skills and can stay awake for 8 hours with little to do.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with on my shift. They're great guys, and the employees in the building are generally very friendly and personable. There have been a few challenges, but that was mostly because the employees had come to expect difficulties from the guards; when they found that the new management and guard (me) were willing to actually help them, those difficulties were smoothed over immediately. – less
Good work for students, not a career
Security Officer (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 8, 2012
Pros: friendly employees, hard working, good training, some possible future opportunities
Cons: long hours, bad management skills, night shifts
I enjoy working with the commissionaires, but I want a career now and to have all the things I would like in life I can't work for a job that pays this low. Though it pays better then other security jobs. I am ready to start a career and not just work a job that helps me get by.
great benefits
Security Guard (Current Employee), North Bay, ONSeptember 29, 2012
Pros: warm environment
Cons: lack of work
Doing patrols in govt offices
greeting clients and give directions
Great position and great team workers.
Senior Receptionist - Main Guard House (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 14, 2012
Pros: great teamwork
I loved being an employee of Commissionaires Ottawa and only resigned my position because I moved to Victoria. A typical day meant dealing with approximately 200 visitors to our counter.
Productive and great staff
Security Guard (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 12, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: not always available
The mission of Commissionaires Ottawa is to provide security services that exceed our clients' expectations by deploying the very best disciplined, experienced and trained security professionals. Duties involve patrols, access control, first aid services, creating shift reports and incident reports.

Additional duties involves dealing with clients on – more... a daily basis, working as a receptionist, keeping office order, answering phone calls throughout the day, setting up meetings, fluent use of Exel and Outlook, data entry and displaying professional and excellent customer service. – less
Decent employer
Consol Operator (Current Employee), 365 Laurier West, Ottawa, ON (Industry Canada)February 1, 2012
Pros: benefits, paid holidays
Cons: night shifts
They have lots of contracts at federals workplace. The experience can varie from site to site. Good in general.