Commissionaires Great Lakes Employee Reviews

management only cared about themselves
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  London, ON23 August 2017
with over 3 years in the company excelling at my position, i was continuously passed over for new opportunities. We were guaranteed interviews for any internal positions, yet I applied for at least a dozen internal postings without ever receiving an interview. Very poorly managed.
Good
Court of Appeal- Usher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2017
The pay scale comparing to other companies is really good but management and daily operation could be hard to deal with every now and then. Few ups and downs with the company but over all its a decent company to work with.
Pros
Wage
Cons
Management and locations.
not enough pay too many 12 hr shifts
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  London, ON1 July 2017
management was poor and hard to get a hold of they did not reimburse me for my work boots and pant hem money, and they terminated me from the company for no reason, this company is illogical and foolish. the uniform was way over priced. it was like a wild goose chase tring to get a hold of management for my reimbusement money and i still have not got it yet!
Pros
Cons
they made misstakes on pay stub at times
very productive
SECURITY GUARD (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 March 2017
maintaining peace and order.
I have learned to work under different situations , tense situations, sensitive situations .
Management is great couldn't be any happier at work.
Pros
new experiencs and challenges every day
Cons
some times very tense situations
Productive and friendly workplace
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2017
Entertainment programs such as pancake days, potlog parties, ...
Hard working staffs
Location is convenient
I do not know about payment and benefits because I am a volunteer in that company.
fun place to work at
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2017
on a typical work day, you get on your desk, review your emails, get binto the job assigned to you for the day.the hardest part of the job is getting to do different tasks at a particular time.
Good Job
Customer Service Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2017
Get to meet new people every day
learn about customer service
Good management
Good peers
workplace culture is friendly
Hardest part and the easiest part of the job is either customer satisfaction or enforcement, and when you have pick both.
meeting people from all walks of life.
Good company
Security Guard/Mobile Support Team (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2017
I have been working with Commissionaire since 2015, they are a good company and always have good job opportunities. they have good benefit packages for full-time workers.
Cons
Low pay
Nice break space
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2016
Arrive 15 minutes early.
Sing in, have a briefing.
Get comfortable, discuss with colleagues the day's work.
Rotate taking breaks and conducting shift duties.
Brief the next team, and sign out.
Pros
Easy and simple tasks
Cons
difficult rotating shift patterns sometimes
a productive work place that gives me high level of authority in doing job tasks
Business Analyst Co-op (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2016
Commissionaires is a productive work place that gives me high level of authority in doing my job tasks that expands my creativity. My co-workers are are very cooperative and friendly. . unfortunately this position is co-op without salary and benefits.
Pros
I love my job tasks and enjoy of its challenges
Cons
This organization is not for profit company, they have limitation in their budget, they are not able to employ a business analys, there is no chance for me to find a job in this company in the close future.
Great work place with job culture
Accountant/Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 April 2016
I was working for the company for four months as intern, It was good experience for me. Their work load is reasonable, managers and co-works teach me and they celebrate employee's birthday every month!
However their accounting software was not great at that time. It made me confuse at first time.
Pros
free pop
Effective and efficient leadership
Security officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2016
Completing all patrols thoroughly, i have learn to be consistently accurate in regards to information in reports. Management can be inconsistent, co-workers are reliable at times. The hardest part of the job is making sure that every shift complete ad understand their roles. The most enjoyable part of the job is to be recognized when a task is carried out without been supervised.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
can be 12 hrs shift
It was educational as well as fun
Security Guard g/20 (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 December 2015
They educated me in security showed me how to a good job .The people i worked with friendly as well as professional. I really learned a lot.
Pros
free lunch and dinner
A great place to work
Patrollman (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON17 September 2015
Have been working with commissionaires for 6 months and is a good place to work.People I have met over last few months have been great.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Too much driving
Working at commissionaires
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto26 January 2015
A typical day at work access control, Monitor CCTV and deal with customers Inquiry. My interaction with management is limited because of the nature of the job, most of the people i work with i enjoy working with them. The hardest park of the job is moving to different locations everyday, but allows me to always working and meeting new people.
Pros
flexability
Cons
Getting enough hours
The company is on a downhill spiral due to federal cutbacks
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  dnd sites29 November 2014
The site managers are top notch, but they wait ages for answers from head office. There is a major disconnect between executives and site managers. They have many federal and dnd job sites that have higher pay rates than the industry average.
Pros
better pay on federal sites
Cons
Waiting for a permanent site assignment
Great working environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 March 2014
Commissionaires Great Lakes management is exceptionally supportive and kind to their employees. With them, I was entrusted with tasks which helped me develop my organizational and multi-tasking skills.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Company policies prevented my enrolling into desired job sites
Good Company to work for.
Security Guard / Administration / Reception (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2014
Very busy working environment,had the opportunity to learn great deal of workflow processes with two Federal Government departments. Very effective managements team. Excellent co-workers within the Federal workers and Commissionaires.

Hardest part of the job was trying your best to get the information out to clients with no English or French skills.

Most enjoyable part was finding someone in the waiting room that
was able to communicate with new client in his or her language.
Pros
Good working enviroment.
Great deal of people contact
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pearson International Airport, Toronto, Ontario24 November 2013
Challenging position working with both taxi and limo drivers and the arriving public at Pearson International Airport
Pros
Challenging Customer Service role
Cons
Working outdoors, exposed to both hot & cold extremes
well established company inititially meant to hire Ex. Servicemen only from Canada and common wealth countries
commissionaire (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 March 2013
well established security company with good training policy and oppertunity to advance in your career like in the armed services with a proper chain of command.
Pros
none.