Company: Comfort Keepers (Simcoe County)
Web Site URL: www.comfortkeepers.ca
Contact Name: Mary Rydall Contact Title: Manager of Operations
Position Title: Personal Support Workers Position Location: Simcoe County
Compensation Based on experience.
Job Description: Comfort Keepers mission is to provide our clients with the highest level of quality of life that is achievable. We are committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most professional manner possible. We are an independently owned and operated franchised business with over 500 offices internationally, and we are growing quickly across Canada. Find out more about us at www.comfortkeepers.ca
We are seeking kind, caring & qualified individuals to provide in-home care to the elderly, and others requiring assistance.
1. Companionship and Homemaking Services - meal preparation, light housekeeping, laundry, grocery shopping, errand services, recreational activities and companionship/conversation
2. Personal Care Services - bathing, grooming, mobility, transferring and positioning, feeding, incontinence care and medication reminders
3. Housekeeping Services -- vacuuming, dusting, mopping and sweeping floors, bathrooms and kitchens
We service clients in their home, hospitals, retirement homes and long term care facilities.
- Provide care with Comfort Keepers clients
- Follow guidelines of the Client Service/Care Plan
- Ability to manage own schedule and get to and from clients on own
- Participate in mandatory team meetings and trainings
- Comply with Comfort Keepers policies and procedures
- Document incidents and changes in client status to management team
- Document in clients' program files when appropriate
- Understand the operations of the emergency response system and respond professionally to all emergency situations
- Personal Support Worker or Health Care Aide certificate and other relevant training
- Experience working in Homecare or with the elderly population
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Must have strong critical thinking, initiative and creativity
- Must possess an email address and have access to the internet
- Works effectively independently as well as in a team approach
- Demonstrates flexibility, sound judgment and cultural sensitivity in evaluating and responding to client needs
- Ability to motivate and promote resident participation in social, recreational and educational activities.
- First Aid and CPR certification is an asset
- We service clients 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Shifts begin and end at all different times of the day.
- If providing personal care services, employees must be able to transfer a client with proper body mechanic.
- All other positions require minimal to moderate lifting
Compensation Type: Hourly Contact by: Email, Fax
For more information visit: http://www.comfortkeepers.ca
We offer part time positions and offer a flexible work schedule.
- Location: Barrie, Penetang, Wasaga
- Compensation: Based on Experience
- This is a part-time job.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Job Requirements: Two Step TB prior to employment, vulnerable sector check, PSW Certificate or equivalent.