Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good hotel no benefits
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Locust Grove, GAMarch 11, 2014
Pros: work by yourself supervisor barely comes around to check ladies
Cons: no good hours, and the pay sucks
Cleaning some of the nastiest thing for a little of nothing is not worth dealing with. Don't get me wrong I love doing housekeeping but this company had no benefits and hardly ever any hours. And when you tried to get your hours you were forced off the clock even when job isn't completed.
Great place, no opportunity
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 9, 2014
Great team work place, however there was no place for growth opportunity.
Not a good place to work for
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Batesville, ARMarch 7, 2014
Pros: second shift without gm
Cons: day shift with gm, disrespectful, hateful
The GM only thinks of herself. She likes to talk perverted to guests and her employees. She doesn't care if u are sick or stuck at home, she will cut your days.
Productive and friendly
Front Desk (Former Employee), Oxford, ohioMarch 6, 2014
Great place to work, lovely co-workers. Learned great people skills. On a normal day I made resevations, laundry and helped housekeeping.
fun
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Lima, OHMarch 5, 2014
Pros: got my hours
I had to clean 12-15 different rooms a day. I liked the fact i worked independently. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the different kinds of things i found in the rooms.
Nice place to work if you didn't have to deal with upper management
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Cordova, TNMarch 5, 2014
Enjoyed the work I did and meeting new people daily from around the country. Co-workers were friendly and worked well as a team. The hardest part was trying to stay positive when the owner/manager kept changing their mind and saying negative comments. I learned how to stand on my own two feet and brush off the negative comments.
there's no room of enhancement.
Guest hospitality concierge/ Night front dest (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GAMarch 5, 2014
I am a people person, I really enjoy meeting and working with a lot of different people, my co workers they are all awesome, About the management, all I can say is, I love to work in a company where there is a HEART. I believe a company with a heart is a company that will succeed. The job is not had at all. I love it.
Nice desk job
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Cañon City, COMarch 4, 2014
Only fast paced during check in times. Then it is slow and not much to do.
Fun place to work
Breakfast Attendant (Current Employee), Salisbury, MDMarch 4, 2014
I check my breakfast foods see in I need to order anything. Talk to my co-works to see if they need any help
Worked in many dept.
Supervisor Steve Patel (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 4, 2014
Pros: worked in different depts.
Cons: management and rules changed often
setup banquet and continental breakfast.

how to be punctual and multi task

changed management often
great
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Hershey, PAFebruary 28, 2014
I started working here when I was 14 years old. it was a great experience. it taught me the true meaning of customer service and hospitality
Supportive and prominent Management, clean and fresh environment
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: supportive management team
Cons: picking up your schedule along with another staff's schedule
Fast-paced atmosphere, lots of physical work daily, limited on time to be completed with list of halls. Learned to become time-effective, move with accurate speed to finish tasks in a timely manner, management went above and beyond to keep staff motivated and proud to be within the company. Co-workers were on schedules. A full room redo was very challenging – more... and took more time to complete, but when necessary, a few staff would lend a helping hand. – less
Great Balance with work and family.
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), Alliance, OHFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: free lunch, discount on hotels stays and free use of pool facility
Cons: no benefits, unsteady work hours, low pay rate
A typical day of work at Comfort Inn includes: Greeting guest. Registering and scheduling guest in and out of rooms. Answering phones. Extreme multi tasking skills used daily. Each day is a new learning experience. Learning new business techniques to meeting many new people with various backgrounds. Co-workers at the hotel are fantastic. They are there – more... to help you as a team, very dependable and feel like family. Management at Comfort Inn is well grounded and proper. Parts of my job become hard when I do not have the proper materials to complete job duties. Things I enjoy most there are meeting new people, constantly being challenged and the fast pace environment. – less
Fun work place
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Bartonsville, PAFebruary 26, 2014
I made reservations and canceled them as well. I posted payments and
adjusted them as well. I would help out housekeeping if they were shorthanded. I also made group parties, and group reservation for either short-term
or long-term stays. I was also responsible for the cash that was brought in the
days and shifts that I would work.
I would enter all – more... the data into the system throughout the day for either the guest information to entering payment data into the system. – less
it was fun .
House keeper (Former Employee), Alamosa, COFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: sshort brakes
i like moving around .
i learn to clean more.
we work together as a tream.
the people ive work with was greact.
theres no hard part of my job
like it all
Fun Place to work
Bartender/Server (Former Employee), Kodiak, AKFebruary 24, 2014
Made friends for life and the management is awesome. The tips are great in the Summer and loved working here. Left to go back to school and got a full time day job.
Management was family and there were no opportunities to advance from my current position.
Front Desk Agent, Breakfast Server (Former Employee), Port Wentworth G.A.February 24, 2014
Pros: smoke breaks any time i wanted as long as i clocked out first.
Cons: gm being so mean to me, and treating customers bad.
Management were relatives, director of housekeeping was the GM's wife and the assistant GM was their brother. Working front desk required that i come in whenever they called to work many different shifts, without notice. They moved me to work breakfast area were i found out what really happens with the food. They made me save all the leftovers and reserve – more... them again to customers. They microwaved all of their food, and reserved after it had been expired. There was no way i could advance from that postition or my position at the front desk unless i was family. GM is extrememly rude! Talked to me like i was a dog and treated customers the same way. He even replied to responses online and blamed everything on the customer and never took any responsibiliy. He also never apologized for any of the negative comments people said about their stay. – less
Comfrot Suites
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee), Jeffersonville, INFebruary 24, 2014
Front Desk Supervisor
* Supervised a Hotel whit 58 rooms in total and developed expertise in all areas of Hotel Supervision.
* Attended to hotel guests in a professional and courteous manner.
* Supervise property staff as needed and aid with the interpretation between Spanish speaking employees and hotel management.
* Ensure all hotel front desk services – more... were performed correctly and courteously.
*Available at all times to deal and resolve efficiently guest complaints and problems.
* Ensure compliance of safety and security standards. – less
Poor management.
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Columbia, SCFebruary 23, 2014
Poor management resulted in running the company out of business.
Comfort Inn
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 21, 2014
The Best Place To Work...managers are great and environment makes it even better