Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Easy Enough Job
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Clearfield, PAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: easy work and friendly coworkers
Cons: bad customers
The staff and manager at this location are great, but be prepared to occasionally deal with real a%$*@#$ because some of the people you need to deal with are very self entitled. They will scream at you, insult you, and degrade you for no reason other than price, lack of rooms, or because they didn't make a reservation and you should have magically known – more... they wanted one. Most of the time the people are alright and you just wait at the desk until your shift is over so the work itself is easy to do and the manager doesn't mind if you watch tv so long as you are at the desk and ready to wait on people if they show up. I wouldn't recommend this job to someone who cries easily. – less
Fun place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Charter Township of Clinton, MIAugust 14, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: n/a
I enjoyed working with the staff on a day to day basis. Everyone worked as a team and helped each other.
Great company!! Not so good management!
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Orange, TXAugust 13, 2014
Pros: i love hospitality!
Cons: no benefits!
It was a great experience but due to management I furthered my education so that I would be able to be in a position as a leader... Customer Service should be #1 and if I can't work for someone that specializes in that, it's time for me to change my position as an employee.
I couldn't afford to leave, but I couldn't take it anymore.
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Hampton, VAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: zero
Cons: no benefits, no vacation pay, no sick leave, and no security guards.
Worked the Graveyard shift without any security. Not to ever work their again. No benefits, no paid vacations, no raises, no sick leave. Most enjoyable part was leaving.
Unpleasant environment
Housekeeping (Former Employee), North CarolinaAugust 8, 2014
Very unprofessional place to work. Not much support from management.
Easy job, poor management
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Pearl, MSAugust 8, 2014
Typical work day was laid back and pretty easy.

Management was unable to gain control of a few employees and continued to allow them to show up either late to work or not at all and unless it was necessary management would show up to relieve you until anywhere between 45 minutes to an hour and a half late. If an issue came arose with a guest though – more... they would go out of their way to do what was necessary to make the guest happy.

Co-workers for the most part were great to work with and were willing to help each other out when able with the exception of one or two people.

The hardest part of the job was never knowing if you were going to get relief after your shift if one employee in particular was to work after you.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the different guests. – less
The experience working with people of different cultures
Housekeeper (Former Employee), South San Francisco, CAAugust 6, 2014
helping to improve their skills has been very rewarding to see my employees do their best.
fun
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: laid back
Cons: no breaks
Management is very informative, my GM she help me exceed my knowledge about hospitality services.
Absolutely Loved This Job
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Mattoon, ILAugust 6, 2014
Able to help the guests by making/keeping reservations, check them in/out of their rooms, make sure they had everything they needed/desired.

Management was phenomenal, always on call at a moments notice when a problem arose.
blah
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 6, 2014
Cons: no healthcare provided
I worked for this company for a short amount of time. Management wasn't what I expected it to be. The hardest part was getting along with management. the most enjoyable, was helping customers.
Very clean and organized place to work.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Marshall, MOAugust 5, 2014
A great place to work but pay is real low and the co-workers run people off . Otherwise I would highly recommend this job to anyone.
Well managed, busy hotel with readily available management
Breakfast Bar/Housekeeping (Former Employee), Port Huron, MIAugust 2, 2014
Worked an established schedule with few "call" offs so I could depend upon a set income. Management was clear about their expectations and available for questions and issues. I refined organizational skills with help of management and enjoyed team work with co-workers.
EXCITING AND PRODUTIVE WORKPLACE
FRONT DESK/HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee), Marshall, MOJuly 31, 2014
COMFORT INN IS ONE OF THE BEST JOBS IVE HAD. GREAT PEOPLE. WONDERFUL ATMOSPHERE
Ablility to work in an area of constant change
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Sierra Vista, AZJuly 31, 2014
Pros: working alone
Cons: short breaks
- Days included working as frnt desk clerk/breakfast attendent/laundry porter.
- Mgmt. was on-site and over the phone.
-Co-workers were all assigned to different areas, but time was spent individually doing the tasks needed to support hotel functions.
- The hardest part of the job was meeting and exceeding all expectations from mgmt.
-The most enjoyable – more... part was communication with guests. – less
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Exton, PAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: meeting different people
Cons: the distance
It was a nice place. Not only cleaning rooms but the cookouts. Sometimes they would have caters come.
Fun workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Ebensburg, PAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: short shifts, working on your own
Cons: the pay, how much you are expected to do
The managers at this company are friendly and willing to work around any type of schedule you may have. The current manager over housekeeping is super nice and she is so appreciative of any type of help that she can get. The working environment is nice and doesn't necessarily feel like work. I like that you are on your own and can do your own thing – more... here. The hardest part sometimes is dealing with rude guests or guests that completely trash rooms. I enjoyed working at the Comfort Inn. It is a tough job and it would be a lot better if the owner gave the workers there a raise because in my opinion they don't get paid enough to do the amount of work that they do. – less
Productive Job
Receptionist (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJuly 29, 2014
hardest part of the job is rude customers, and the most enjoyable part of the job will have to be meeting new people from across the world.
Good job for young people!
Front Desk Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee), Harrisburg, ILJuly 29, 2014
Fast paced, fun job. Customers were wonderful and you meet a lot of people from all over. Challenging.
Productive and fun atmosphere amongest employees
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Rapid City, SDJuly 24, 2014
Pros: rewards (gift cards)
Cons: short breaks
The hotel management was friendly and very rewarding to there employees to show there appreceaction. They employees where friendly to the customers as well as each other and they also did towel origami (dogs, elephants, etc.) in the rooms and that would help the housekeepers in receiving tips.
ok if you really need a job
HOUSEKEEPING/SERVING BREAKFAST (Former Employee), Lafayette, INJuly 23, 2014
while I still have some contact with these employers, and they do make you feel like family. Females are treated with much less regard. be prepared to loose hours at work for speaking out of turn