Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great job and employer
Head Housekeeper (Former Employee), Brunswick MEJanuary 6, 2015
Assigning rooms for room attendant for the day, inspecting 75 rooms per day. Making sure public areas were clean, Hiring employees when in season. Making schedules, anything that completed the job for the comfort of the guests.
productive and fun workplace
Banquet Set-up (Former Employee), Carlisle, PAJanuary 5, 2015
clock in, wash dishes, and review the blueprint of how they wanted the room setup for the party. I would setup how they wanted and then i would run back upstairs to wash more dishes
Fun work environment with great management.
Guest Services (Current Employee), Tyler, TXJanuary 4, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of taking care of all phone calls and walk-ins. I have learned phone skills and customer service skills by working here. Management is involved and very helpful. My co-workers are very helpful and great people to work with. The hardest part of my job would be the hours. I often work nights and get home late. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with great people and learning new skills.
comfort inn
Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: liked the staff, close driving distance, hours were good
Cons: upper management
I was housekeeping manager and I really like this job I like supervising people and enjoyed the staff that was employed at this hotel, I inspected room detail after housekeepers were done cleaning their rooms assigned for the day I kept up with inventory along varies different issues re guarding the hotel, however new management took over and decided to bring her employees from her previous job over to the hotel as this was a problem because me being a supervisor seen how they cleaned and operated, I put my 2 weeks in after losing almost the entire staff that I have worked with for 8 months it was sad because that was one of my favorite jobs. after 2 weeks the owner of the hotel called to inform me that he had replaced the general manager as she made to many mistakes and wanted to know if I wanted my job back unfortunately I had already been offered another position elsewhere and decided to go with my other option
Very dedicated person that gives my guest undivided attention.
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), Lexington, SCJanuary 1, 2015
A typical day at work is always being pleasant and helpful.
Very dependable even when I'm scheduled off .
Enjoyed Co-workers
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), Waterford, MIJanuary 1, 2015
I only worked here a few months but they were enjoyable. My coworkers were very thorough in training which lead to me becoming very informative with the guests. Usually on second shift, I came into little contact with the management. The hardest part of the job was the inconsistent shifts and never knowing what shift I'd be on. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the guests.
Nice and friendly manager
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Ruther Glen, VADecember 28, 2014
it okay, needs better handling of the roles of its employees.
A relaxed trusting environment where we are a small family.
Front Desk/Hostess (Current Employee), Moline, ILDecember 27, 2014
Pros: a relaxed atmosphere.
Cons: the schedule
Our guests are the most important part of our day. Their comfort and enjoyable stay are number one with us! The co-workers/management are good people who all strive to do the best job they can, and the hardest part of my position(s) there is switching from working day time and night time hours. I love the responsibility of running the hotel and making sure everything runs smoothly for all.
great place to work
/Housekeeping (Former Employee), Jamestown, NYDecember 27, 2014
Comfort Inn is a great place to work, I learned so many thing over the years, and meet new people everyday. My co- workers were my family and I care for them very much.
Productive work place
Front Desk Manager/Sales Manager (Current Employee), Waldorf, MDDecember 26, 2014
I deal with many many utilizing my customer service skills. I have learn great problem solving skills. I have also learned to play my part as a manager to create a good work environment for the employees and guest.
took away female night audit
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Topeka, KSDecember 22, 2014
due to break-ins but I believe they could of paid a male to sit there instead of taking all females off. I would check guests in and or out, choose a vacant room to put them in, do laundry, run the night paperwork to start a new day. set up for breakfast, then start breakfast, keep it going until relief got there.
It was an ok work place
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Beltsville MarylandDecember 21, 2014
Pros: free breakfast
Cons: no breaks
I come in and set up for my shift. I didnt get to really see my my co-workers because of my shift. The hardest part was staying up for my shift. The most enjoyable part was it wasnt too busy at night.
Productive fun, busy, challenging work plac
Guest Services (Current Employee), Lake Charles, LADecember 20, 2014
Pros: guest, good breakfast, friendly staff
Cons: some staff had attitudes and lack of communication
Checking guests in and out of hotel rooms. Getting room assignments together for housekeepers to clean rooms. Upon guest check out, make sure they were satisfied with their stay. If not, corrected the issue at hand.
Nice place to work at beautiful hotel
Breakfast Bar Attendant (Former Employee), Eufaula, ALDecember 18, 2014
Pros: frequent breaks
Cons: rude customers
Great hotel to stay and work at. I enjoyed working here. My co-workers were amazing and my boss was took time out to explain things
Easy job
Breakfast Hostess (Former Employee), Tupelo, MSDecember 12, 2014
Pros: helping others
Cons: no raises, up very early
Greet and direct guests to Breakfast Buffet, courteously and efficiently according to set standards.

Provide information to any guest or visitor inquiry.

Set up, organize, and maintain breakfast items in a timely manner; maintain cleanliness at all times.

Set up and organize work station with designated supplies, forms and resource materials; maintain cleanliness at all times.

Answer outlet telephone using correct salutations and telephone etiquette.

Maintain complete knowledge of all breakfast items and set-up requirements.

Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment.

Be familiar with daily house count, expected business levels.

Complete proper closing and storage procedures for all breakfast items. Complete designated closing reports.
It's a nice hotel with good people to work with. Owner is a super person.
Kitchen Attendant (Current Employee), Kansas City, KSDecember 11, 2014
Pros: close to home and uniform furnished.
Cons: no benefits including any insurance or ot pay.
Preparing a continental breakfast for a 45 room hotel. Get to meet some really nice people. Had never done this kind of work before but found it to be fun. Hardest part of the job is trying to keep up with the food demand with only a small microwave.
Poor Management
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 11, 2014
I was always stuck working holidays and days off, especially the overnight shift. The management never helped with anything and was poor at training new employees. There were very few hours when you needed them. My co-workers were constantly bickering and there was always drama.
see below
Front Desk Clerk and Weekend Auditor (Current Employee), Independence, OHDecember 10, 2014
Pros: the gm always provided snacks
Cons: no breaks for the front desk staff
Fun place to work. Always checking in interesting people. I remember one day I checked in a man who had 3 birds. Now we have a pet friendly policy but not a bird policy. And they were chatty.
Kept some of the other guests up, talking, talking. The housekeepers are a blast!
nice
Industrial Internship (Former Employee), Ottawa, ILDecember 8, 2014
excellent Management and Job cultute
nice salary benefits
great place
Assistant Engineer Promoted to Chief Engineer (Former Employee), Middleburg, OHDecember 5, 2014
Check in with the general manager meet with staff set up work orders for the day. Determine what needed to be done first in order of priority. Walk through entire building logging repairs needed. Check all pool chemicals and document them in health department logs. Check fitness equipment maintenance log (repair if possible) order parts for repair. Order parts for repairs for all staff. Proceed with A.P. tasks and start my work orders. – less