Comfort Inn Employee Reviews

room attendent
room attendent (Former Employee) –  Kapuskasing18 August 2015
working here was great good people and the people you meet are wonderful to talk too and also the management was great,i really enjoyed my work there and it was a good experience as long it lasted.
n/a
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON5 August 2015
-Always greeted guests in a friendly and professional manner
- Engaged each guest as a unique individual and listened attentively to their requests
- Performed accurate check-ins and check-outs of guests daily
- Answered the telephone in a timely and professional manner
- Made reservations over the phone and in person
- Ran daily reports to check reservations for accuracy and identify any special requests
- Responsible for a cash float throughout your shift and ensuring it balances correctly at the end of shift
- Used data entry and quick thinking while attending each individual guest
- Managed and successfully ran night audits
My work at Hotel Comfort Inn
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 July 2015
Every day I was answering calls, making reservations and taking care of clients needs. Good management, nice co-workers.
The job have helped me to improve customer care skills
I was always very happy making people feeling good and happy with our services
A joy to meet people from all over the world
HOTEL RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 June 2015
My position is front desk. I check in and out guests, make reservations, give directions and help them with any other inquiries they have,
Pros
Meet lots of people
Cons
No real lunch break
Enjoyed it
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON13 May 2015
Learned to work in a fast paced environment
Team Work skills
Customer service
Cleaning Supplies
Busy hotel environment; kept busy
overall it is a nice place to work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB28 March 2015
i go in get my cart ready to go to work make sure i have all the stuff i need to do my jog for the day. when it is time to go to work i make sure i can get into the rooms to clean. my boss is nice to work for i have no problems. the people i work for are very nice to work for. the hardest part of the job is getting down on my hands and knees and washing the bathroom floor. is when the boss buys us lunch for the hard work we do
Pros
when we are there 5, 10, etc we get to pick a gift that we want that is the range of how long you been there
Cons
not enough hours
Amazing Workplace
Coopertive Education Student (Former Employee) –  Brockville22 March 2015
All i did was do a Co-Op placement their, but being there from September till December really showed me what a good workplace looked like and that was the Comfort Inn. If i had the oppertunity to actually work there i would.
environnement agréable
Réceptionniste en hôtellerie (Former Employee) –  Brossard,QC20 March 2015
J'ai fais un stage dans cet hôtel, je ne regrette pas mon expérience parce qu'ils ont été passaient avec moi et généreux. En conclusion, pour un expérience de stage non-énuméré ça a été une expérience enrichissante en expérience.
Pros
bonne environnement de travail
Make good money
Reservation Agent (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON19 March 2015
Leant how to deal with costumer complaints and take reservation requests.
Lots of hours so you can make a good amount of money.
Co workers were really nice and helpful.
Was a great place to work
Night Audit Manager (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, AB18 March 2015
I truly enjoyed working for Comfort Inns and Suites. Management treated me with respect.They gave me added responsibilities to make decisions and backed my decisions based on my many years experience in the Hotel business.
Pros
As long as my job was completed accurately and on time, all was good.
Cons
Worked all night 11pm until 7am
Don't waste your time
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON12 March 2015
A lot of great people to work with who made tolerable.
Very high turn over rate.
Under paid
Not enough hrs, lucky if 2 days a week
Owner of the hotel is awful!!!!!! I can't stress this enough. Mean, rude, unrealistic. Does not care for employees. Aĺl about how to cut costs and what ends up in his pocket.
Manager of the hotel is nice.
No benefits
Have to do outside work such as wash windows, sweep out parking lot, and pick up garbage.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
not enough hrs, under paid, more than just house keeping
Great people to work with
Porter (Former Employee) –  St. John's27 February 2015
My day was filled with bringing passengers back and forth to the airport and making sure the meeting rooms had everything they needed. My coworkers were a great bunch of people to work with and I left there with some lasting friendships.
Lots of cleaning
Chamber Maid (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON18 February 2015
In both hotels , as in most any ways there is lots of cleaning .. Stafff was always friendly and helpful .. the guests were usually friendly .. the worst part about this job is the after party clean ups .. never know what you could find
Pros
8 hour shifts
Cons
hard on the body
I enjoyed working at the Comfort Hotel. People I worked with were great.
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC10 February 2015
A typical day at work was full and enjoyable. I learned more and more every day I went to work as far as managing the housekeeping department. Management was good and fair, I thought. All of my co-workers were exceptional to work with, it was a great housekeeping team. We were all very hard workers. The hardest part of my job was getting laid off with no warning. The most enjoyable part of my job was going to work everyday thinking it would be the last place I would work.
Pros
The chance to learn any department you wanted to.
Cons
Not being respected as a Supervisor. Supervisors are considered throw aways. Not needed.
Great team!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 February 2015
No day in a hotel is typical, learned that its ok to be wrong providing you learn something from being wrong. I managed people from different cultural backgrounds and different walks of life. The hardest part of my job was when guests would leave unhappy due to their stay experience. What I enjoyed the most was turning an unhappy guest into a satisfied returning guest
Pros
great people
Cons
never off the clock - even when on vacation
Very Organized system.
Front Desk Agent/Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON28 January 2015
Creates autonomy, very friendly work environment. I usually work the 3-11 shift. The operating system is very user friendly. Management is very helpful and they want to help you succeed. Hardest part of the job is to make sure everything balances in your reports.
Productive and fun work place
Front desk associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2014
Very good company. My co-workers and management are very helpful. I have improved my leadership skills
ok
Supervisor, House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 November 2014
the management was a little high strung and pushy. other staff were a great team that didnt get enough credit, esp the housekeeping staff
Pros
great staff
Cons
low pay, bad management
Very friendly staff and management
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, On28 October 2014
I enjoy working at the Comfort Inn but unfortunately it is a seasonal position. My co-workers are very friendly and willing to lend a hand when needed. Management is understanding and willing to accept any opinions or ways to help the hotel be a better place for our guests to stay. The most enjoyable part of the job is that when you arrive you are always greeted by the front desk staff and co-workers are all ready to get the work done that needs to be completed. Overall I enjoy working at the Comfort Inn. The hardest part of the job at Comfort Inn is not knowing when you will work next.
Pros
free swimming
Cons
not knowing when you work next
Great staff fun atmosphere.
Hotel Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 October 2014
I learned quite a bit of hotel information, the functions of day to day of the hotel, book keeping, groth of customer service skills. As for the management it was not consistent we went through 3 managers in 2 years. My co workers were amazing we really got along like a family. Hardest part of the job was trying to adapt to new management and constant change in policies each time the management changed. The most enjoyable was the guests and my co workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comfort Inn. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8