Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very concerned with people
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Kodak, TNMarch 23, 2014
This company is very concerned with people. Example their employees and guests. They pride themselves in satisfying everyone and making sure everyone feels included.
Unfair Work Environment
Front Desk Clerk / Night Auditor (Former Employee), Butte, MTMarch 22, 2014
The management treats employees as though they are the ground they walk on. No respect or consideration. No chance for advancement.
Hotel was in a great area, and great staff
Front Desk / Night Auditor (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 22, 2014
Pros: a television in the lobby
Cons: angry guest
A typical day at work for me was very busy. I worked alone most of the time so if a guest needed something it was my responsibility to see that they receive it. I learned what it felt like to be recognized my management and told that you are appreciated. Not only did management show appreciation towards their staff, but every Tues night they would hold – more... an appreciation night for the guest hosting a little party with appetizers, to say thank you for being our guest. My management and Co-Workers welcomed be to their little families right away when I first got the job. The hardest part of my job at Comfort Inn, was leaving it. The most enjoyable part of the job I can honestly say my guest. They are the reason I come to work everyday. – less
Hotel
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIMarch 20, 2014
Cleaning hotel rooms, vacuuming, dusting, making beds, use of chemicals, stocking towels, shampoo, conditioner, etc.
trash removal from each room and disposal of all trash collected to dumpter outside, and restocking the cart before and after each shift
The owner does not believe in putting any money into his staff or his building, it makes our job very hard.
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Blairsville, PAMarch 19, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: we get taken advantage of
We have a hotel that has over seventy rooms but only about thirty are able to be rented due to the fact that the owner does not believe in fixing anything. It makes our job harder because guests are always complaining about the condition of the hotel. The most enjoyable part of my job is our guests. I love to interact with new people and we have some – more... of the best guests. – less
Quiet and Steady Atmosphere
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Webster, TXMarch 18, 2014
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: no health benefits
I enjoyed working here for many reasons but I must say what set it apart for me is that if you have any questions or need help the owners are only a phone call away and are more than happy to help you. They want you to call them and ask questions if you need it so that you will learn the right way of doing it. Yes, you will get trained but if you work – more... certain shifts then you might be the only staff member at the location so it is a relief to know you can count on them. Most of the guest encounters that I have had were enjoyable. – less
A fun place
Assistant Housekeeping Supervisor/Breakfast Server (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 16, 2014
A hard job but not enough hours need full time work so had to move on.
Comfort inn
Front Desk Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 16, 2014
Good Company! Worked for the company for 2 years. I enjoyed my entire time there. I provided 5 star customer service.
Productive and exciting work place
Front Desk, Reservations and Accounts Receivable (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 15, 2014
Pros: enjoyable to meet new people, enjoyed the challenge and responsibilities i was given
Cons: no benefits, not enough money per hour.
As the front desk agent, I answered multi-lined phones and switchboard. I took messages, made or canceled reservations. I booked tours for guests. I checked guests in or out, handled large sums of cash, traveler's checks and credit cards. In Accounts Receivable, I was in charge of all of the hotel's direct bills they had with numerous companies. I contacted – more... each company via phone, voicemail and by fax until each bill, and any past due accounts, was paid in full in a timely and efficient manner. I also managed the housekeeping staff. I made out their daily room assignments, checked the rooms afterwards, made sure the laundry and other work was completed for the day. I also kept up with their time, sending some home early if there was not enough work or calling for someone to come in if we were busy that day and understaffed. I also made sure that each housekeeper was clocked out for the day at their allotted time. – less
exciting work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 14, 2014
Pros: famous customers
Cons: bed bugs
Enjoyable work environment great management no complants
great seasonal job
Top salesman (Former Employee), Franklin, NCMarch 12, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: off-season
I had my very first job with this company. I enjoyed working in hospitality and working with customers from all over the world. Management was a little old school but that was fixed when I worked for the company yet again. Great experience.
Good hotel no benefits
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Locust Grove, GAMarch 11, 2014
Pros: work by yourself supervisor barely comes around to check ladies
Cons: no good hours, and the pay sucks
Cleaning some of the nastiest thing for a little of nothing is not worth dealing with. Don't get me wrong I love doing housekeeping but this company had no benefits and hardly ever any hours. And when you tried to get your hours you were forced off the clock even when job isn't completed.
Great place, no opportunity
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 9, 2014
Great team work place, however there was no place for growth opportunity.
Not a good place to work for
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Batesville, ARMarch 7, 2014
Pros: second shift without gm
Cons: day shift with gm, disrespectful, hateful
The GM only thinks of herself. She likes to talk perverted to guests and her employees. She doesn't care if u are sick or stuck at home, she will cut your days.
Productive and friendly
Front Desk (Former Employee), Oxford, ohioMarch 6, 2014
Great place to work, lovely co-workers. Learned great people skills. On a normal day I made resevations, laundry and helped housekeeping.
fun
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Lima, OHMarch 5, 2014
Pros: got my hours
I had to clean 12-15 different rooms a day. I liked the fact i worked independently. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the different kinds of things i found in the rooms.
Nice place to work if you didn't have to deal with upper management
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Cordova, TNMarch 5, 2014
Enjoyed the work I did and meeting new people daily from around the country. Co-workers were friendly and worked well as a team. The hardest part was trying to stay positive when the owner/manager kept changing their mind and saying negative comments. I learned how to stand on my own two feet and brush off the negative comments.
there's no room of enhancement.
Guest hospitality concierge/ Night front dest (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GAMarch 5, 2014
I am a people person, I really enjoy meeting and working with a lot of different people, my co workers they are all awesome, About the management, all I can say is, I love to work in a company where there is a HEART. I believe a company with a heart is a company that will succeed. The job is not had at all. I love it.
Nice desk job
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Cañon City, COMarch 4, 2014
Only fast paced during check in times. Then it is slow and not much to do.
Fun place to work
Breakfast Attendant (Current Employee), Salisbury, MDMarch 4, 2014
I check my breakfast foods see in I need to order anything. Talk to my co-works to see if they need any help