Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good place to eat and learn
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Wilton, MEOctober 1, 2014
Pros: good food.
Cons: free food.
Working in food business is always tough but you learn skills that you will use for the rest of your life like cooking.
A good fast-pace workplace
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Hebron, INSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: paychecks, great people to work with.
Cons: no healthcare, always on clock, have to find time to take a small meal.
Usually the day starts out with counting the drawers and safe. Reviewing paperwork and computer system of arrivals, in-house, and housekeeping and talking to the shift before you. While the day goes on, your busy with answering phones, running credit cards, taking cash in, checking in customers and talking to them to make them feel at home. When there – more... is down time, there are chores to be done around the building as in folding laundry, making more coffee, sweeping and mopping.
The management is helpful and they do their best to help you with any situation. They may show you short cuts on things in the computer system.
The co-workers are fun to be around. Most of the time it's a one person on desk job but when there is a super busy night they might have two desk clerks on. They help each other out and joke with the customers and take turns on cleaning and answering phones.
The hardest part of the job is when there is only one person on desk and both phones are ringing while trying to check people in at the same time. It gets over whelming at times and even more if some of the customers are in a bad mood.
I say the most enjoyable thing about the job is the customers. They can brighten any ones day and to learn what they have done or why their in town is always interesting. If there is ever a problem in the hotel some of the regulars are willing to help for instance like a power is out or a bad storm is coming in.
What I've learned there is that I came over my shyness of people. I learned not only choice hotel computer system but wyndam computer system to as I'm the only employee that travels to the owners other hotel properties to run front desk. It would be hard to leave this job as I've always enjoyed it even on my worst days. – less
I do not recommend it.
Manager on Duty (Former Employee), Chesterfield, VASeptember 30, 2014
Okay place to work. Not much room for advancement.
Pay is horrible.
Excellent company to work with
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Haverhill, MASeptember 29, 2014
Company was well managed establishment. Everyone that worked there was professional and tried to their best to keep customers satisfied. Co-workers helped one another when times got rough as well as helping customers whenever they could.
Best work Experience
FRONT DESK ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Catonsville, MDSeptember 26, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job is to help and satisfy our guest. I have learned a lot from my co-workers and managers and it made me think of being patient and helpful. I take responsibilities of my duties and even fixing my co-workers work in auditing. The hardest part of my job is working night shift but I work night shift for a reason and that – more... is my education. I am an aviation enthusiast and I work hard to get my education first so that I can work in the airports. As a night auditor, I was assigned to manage my shift as a shift manager and that brought many changes to my experience. I love to work in airport environments because it has been my dream since I was a kid. – less
Fast Paced Environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Bluffton, SCSeptember 25, 2014
Report to work and 9:00 am and would leave as early as 1:00 pm or as late as 6:00 pm.
basic work
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Mansfield, PASeptember 24, 2014
go in to work to get the job done and go home. day was steady and crucial but it was a make the best of it job.
Good and simple
Night Auditor (Current Employee), Oxford NCSeptember 24, 2014
Working in a hotel you naturally meet people from all walks of life and meeting new people is one of the more interesting parts of the job. Working the night audit shift is typically quit depending on the season, naturally summer months there is much more going on.The hardest part of the job is trying to please the guest, you just can't please everybody – more... no matter how hard you try, even going beyond your best for some is not enough but that's okay especially if you know and management knows you did all you could. My co-workers are quirky, fun loving individuals whom i look forward to seeing. But the most enjoyable part is ,to me, meeting new people. – less
It's a job.
Guest Service Agent/Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), Cullman, ALSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: at the minimum, it pays the bills.
Cons: no benefits, too many responsibilities and not enough pay, too much drama
The place is poorly managed and the employees are treated poorly. We have been short staffed for a while and our housekeeping is having to pull double duty as maintanence. The pay is poor with no chance of advancement. Very unhappy about the work enviroment. The guests are usually great, but the other employees/employers cause a hostile work enviroment.
TERRIBLE MANAGEMENT
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), El Paso, TXSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: hotel experiance gained
Cons: terrible management
I loved my job until a new manager came in. first off he's rude to his guest and employees. he discriminated me due to my pregnancy. and did a terrible job with scheduling. he had his favorites. overall terrible
work
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Newport News, VASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: buy outs
open and close the store, stocking, inventory trouble shooting, good management
like working with the girl there
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Crestview, FLSeptember 22, 2014
I really like the boss lady ,I could talk to her about thing ,and the girl was very sweet
Active business
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Salida, COSeptember 21, 2014
I worked the 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. shift so it wasn't your "typical" day of work. I learned a lot about the hotel business, such as building rapport with the customers, computer skills, business skills, etc. The management was very reasonable and even gave the employees incentive benefits. Most of my co-workers were great to work with. The hardest part – more... of the job was the hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was the sense of accomplishment from the work I did. – less
enjoyed working there.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Havelock, NCSeptember 19, 2014
I liked working there. The people worked hard. They did there job, which helped everyone to perform great. Able to help customers out when they need it. Manager T. Gibson was a wonderful boss.
A starting off job experince
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Kalispell, MTSeptember 18, 2014
Cons: underpaid comaried by other hotels, under stafed everyday, no benefits.
As a housekeeper I would work 8 hour shifts cleaning rooms. Problem was that I was being under paid and over worked to were I would be doing 10 hour shifts and twice 12 hour shifts. The stress of the job really pushed me hard mentally and physically but I managed till I found a different job.
job
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Concord, NCSeptember 18, 2014
Cons: no luch break
they need qualified supervisors i did not like working their they did not give out raises or bonus
productive, positive,environment
Front Desk associate (Former Employee), Medford, NYSeptember 18, 2014
clock in, check in guests, check out guests, run credit cards, answer phones, filing
To be hospitable,dedicated, and responsible
Fun place to work
Van Driver (Former Employee), Latham, NYSeptember 18, 2014
I like meeting people on the way to the airport.
I made good tips from the guests, driving them to the airport
Receptionist
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Newark, DESeptember 17, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: short breaks
In charge of passing out PayChecks. Sort mail, faxing, typing, etc.
It was good
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Durham, NCSeptember 16, 2014
Helped when needed and pay is pretty good. the people are great