Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive work place
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Hawthorne, NYNovember 6, 2014
Everyone there is very friendly.
Days aren't really long.
Just a day of laundry
pretty good work place
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Perryville, MONovember 3, 2014
I would check guests in and out of hotel, I have worked in the hotel field before and i really like it. The hardest part of the job was my manager. He didn't like to schedule us workers for 40 hours a week, and I wanted to work more than what I was being scheduled.
Fun place to work with good teamwork and a good boss.
Side Work (Current Employee), Richfield, UTNovember 3, 2014
Pros: free drinks (coffee, lemonade) and cheep breakfast that tastes good. a good work environment
Cons: really slow in the winter time, so less hours to work.
Its a fun place to stay at, that provides comfortable rooms and breakfast. I take the sheets and towels out of a room so the maids can get the beds and bathrooms clean without wasting time on taking the dirty stuff out. That way we can get costumers in quicker and they enjoy the stay more. I learned how to clean windows and mirrors without leaving streaks, – more... and how to make beds without the sheet and comforter hanging out and making it look funny. The manager is a good manager, and good at what she does. The hardest part of the job is walking up and down the stairs all day (usually if the elevator is broken), and being in a hurry because a tour checked in earlier than planed. The most enjoyable thing about the job is meeting new people from around the world and getting to know how different our culture and traditions are from around the world. – less
beautiful calm environment and amazing staff
Front Desk (Former Employee), Reno, NVNovember 2, 2014
Pros: excellent staff
Cons: no lunch break
Great management, wonderful informational and training programs, clean work environment.
It is a good place for start up jobs
Still, Night Auditor (Former Employee), San Diego CalifroniaOctober 29, 2014
Pros: nil
Cons: nil
The management is very weak but can be better if the owner try to invest of human resource which now they dont want to think even about it.
Relaxed management,
Breakfast Hostess (Current Employee), Topeka, KSOctober 23, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: bad pay, apathetic management
Typical day at work is stressful and not rewarding. Routine tasks performed, cooking, cleaning, customer service. Management is too relaxed and shows apathy for the kitchen environment, especially KDHE and OSHA guidelines. Owner does not allow me to exceed 4 hours a day on weekdays, so stress is high level to perform all duties assigned within this – more... time frame. Most enjoyable part is the co-workers, but the high turnover rate is frustrating. – less
Nice company to work for.
FRONT DESK CLERK (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 23, 2014
Pros: nice working enviroment
Cons: n/a
Check guests in and out. Resolve any issues with the guests. Make reservations. Balance drawer at the end of my shift. Pleasant co-workers. Nice management. Most enjoyable part of the job, happy guests.
Fast-paced environment with easy going and fun workers.
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Surprise, AZOctober 22, 2014
Pros: incentive programs.
Cons: no breaks for night attendants. little pay for graveyard shifts.
Every day is a new adventure, indeed. The management is friendly and fun. Great opportunities to advance and grow. They are really good at covering the company while still supporting the staff when things are difficult. I've been able to cross train in every department and have been given the chances to learn all about hotel procedures.
Stressful
Front Desk/ Housekeeper (Former Employee), Saint Joseph, MOOctober 22, 2014
Cons: no breaks
answered phones, checked guests in and out of the hotel, made reservations also did laundry,breakfast clean up and housekeeping.
Very Relaxed environment
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Little Rock, AROctober 21, 2014
Pros: you will always meet new people.
Cons: there is no benefits package.
This job is perfect for someone that may be attending college. It is real relaxed environment.
Your typical day at work will be checking in guests. You will also make reservations for them as well.
You will meet new people every day,
The most difficult part of the job is handling complaints that some customers may have.
The management staff is very – more... approachable. – less
Poorly ran
Guest Services (Former Employee), South Point, OHOctober 20, 2014
Cons: pay
Understaffed and poorly ran. Not enough supplies for Housekeeping to even do their job.
Great Work Environment with wonderful management
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Ellensburg, WAOctober 16, 2014
Great place to work, co-workers very helpful and management is flexible with scheduling.
Its a Job
Customer Service (Former Employee), Dumas, TXOctober 15, 2014
Pros: work alone
Cons: no time for real breaks
It was a very demanding job with lots of stress. You are completely alone if something goes down.
Hard work
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Helena mtOctober 14, 2014
Night audit and front desk was fast pace. Housekeeping was nice to make things cleans for people to stay in
Hotel Work
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLOctober 14, 2014
Pros: good teamwork, and fun guests
Cons: became bored easily.
I have worked in hotels all my adult life. I know all phases of front desk work and management. As I excelled in education, I became overqualified and the job was basically boring. My co-workers and I got along fine. However usually the higher management was more interested in keeping even higher management happy and did not really care about the actual – more... workers for the most part.

This particular position I was a 3-11 desk clerk which checked customers in but I trained in all shifts in case I was needed.

This position was just a holding position while I finished my BA in psychology. – less
Customer Service representative. checking in guests following up complaints
Customer service/Guest services (Former Employee), Rockford, ILOctober 14, 2014
Great work experience. Management was always helpful. Staff was good spirits.
Wonderful experience
Interim Sales Director (Former Employee), Lawton, OKOctober 13, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Challenging and rewarding Temporary poition that was engaging and enjoyable.
Assist guests while working for a major national hotel.
Front Desk/Kitchen/Laundry (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKOctober 11, 2014
Assist guests while working for a major national hotel. Responsible for making reservations, cashiering and providing technical support for all call center jobs. Have served as a “floater” for the company, multi-tasking in the dining area, helping with laundry and working the front desk. Appreciated for my willingness do whatever is necessary to get – more... the job done. – less
I learned alot
Assistant to Housekeeper (Former Employee), Scottsboro, ALOctober 10, 2014
A typical day at work
Depending on how busy we were was how many rooms we had to clean. They were split between all of us in housekeeping. I was the best cleaner and I was fast, if there was an odd number I usually got the sheet with the most rooms. I would get dirty linens and towels out of the rooms, dust, vacuum, clean mirrors, clean the bathrooms, – more... change bed linens, put clean towels out, put out soaps, shampoos, ect. Everything had a certain place it went. I also worked in the laundry room when needed. I'd wash, dry, fold, and put the laundry away on the shelves.

What I learned
I learned how to use commercial washers and dryers. I learned how to clean fast and efficient.

Management and co-workers
I had some amazing co-workers. My boss was great. A lot of us were like family.

The hardest part of the job
When we would have all the rooms in the hotel to clean.

The most enjoyable part of the job
All the employees got to use the pool in the summer time. I made some good friends while working there. – less
Housekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Greensburg, PAOctober 9, 2014
A typical day required me to clean rooms and laundry. Management and coworkers were fair and polite. The hardest part of my job was adjusting to the high turnover rate.