Comfort Inn Employee Reviews

Great staff fun atmosphere.
Hotel Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 6, 2014
I learned quite a bit of hotel information, the functions of day to day of the hotel, book keeping, groth of customer service skills. As for the management it was not consistent we went through 3 managers in 2 years. My co workers were amazing we really got along like a family. Hardest part of the job was trying to adapt to new management and constant change in policies each time the management changed. The most enjoyable was the guests and my co workers.
A fun place to work
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Midland, ONAugust 20, 2013
We had wonderful staff all of the time which made for a great work day . As a supervisor , I learned if you show and give respect to the employees , they will show the same which makes for an easy , stress free day at work and has everyone working towards the same goal, filling the hotel with happy , satisfied and returning guests!
The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people and seeing the regulars return and knowing which staff member made an impression because the returning guests would ask for those staff members by name.
The hardest part , I believe of any job is having to let go of staff members that don't meet up to the standards and that take others down with them.
Pros
team work, staff luncheons .
Cons
overnight hours
Productive and fun work environment.
Front Desk Manager/Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BCSeptember 22, 2014
A typical day at work goes by fast as it is busy 70% of the time.

I have been able to improve in my customer support and service orientation.

Management is productive and helpful.

Some co-workers are helpful and others are just self centered.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with hard customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility it gives.
must be physically fit but overall this was a great position
Assistant head housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCJuly 25, 2012
working for this company was a great experience. I worked with a wonderful team of mostly women who were ther to get the job at hand done. The management was always available for staff and did their best to resolve any issues. I enjoyed the physical fitness that this position required never had to join a gym.
Pros
great bosses took us to diner, bowling rewarded our hard work with many perks.
Cons
very physically demanding
room for growth , job security and paid benefits
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJanuary 14, 2014
a complete work day of 8 -10 hours.
I enjoy working on a team. I am also efficient in working on my own as well.
Pros
paid lunch break
Cons
distance, long hours, working at night
A joy to meet people from all over the world
HOTEL RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 20, 2015
My position is front desk. I check in and out guests, make reservations, give directions and help them with any other inquiries they have,
Pros
Meet lots of people
Cons
No real lunch break
Productive workplace
Room attendant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 24, 2012
The typical day was easy to follow on a daily basis. The routine was simple and easy to understand. Management was always there. My co-workers were reasonable to get along with, some were very friendly, and some were rude. Always meet new people everyday with good attitude. The hardest part of the job was cleaning 21 rooms in a 8 hour shift. The most enjoyable job was meeting new people everyday.
Pros
free breakfast, drinks, coffee and lunch
Very Organized system.
Front Desk Agent/Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONJanuary 28, 2015
Creates autonomy, very friendly work environment. I usually work the 3-11 shift. The operating system is very user friendly. Management is very helpful and they want to help you succeed. Hardest part of the job is to make sure everything balances in your reports.
Great team!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 3, 2015
No day in a hotel is typical, learned that its ok to be wrong providing you learn something from being wrong. I managed people from different cultural backgrounds and different walks of life. The hardest part of my job was when guests would leave unhappy due to their stay experience. What I enjoyed the most was turning an unhappy guest into a satisfied returning guest
Pros
great people
Cons
never off the clock - even when on vacation
Learned the managerial processes in the hospitality industry.
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 26, 2014
It seems because of a great economy in Alberta there is a high employee/employer turnover. Hiring and firing was on a regular weekly basis, the abundance of job opportunities makes it somewhat difficult for management to maintain employees, therefore having to hire and train very often which effects service and efficiency.
Great work place amazing people to work with
Guest Services/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ONAugust 30, 2012
I love my job and the people I work with, however I am looking for something a little condosive to my family lifestyle where I can be home with my children most nights. I would also like to have more opportunities for advancement within the company.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
nights away from my children
Working together like family
Full-time Guest Service Rep./ Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONOctober 29, 2012
A typical day at work was checking guests in and out of their rooms with a professional attitude.

I learned the front desk computer system and how the front desk operates.

My co-workers and I supported each other when we needed to switch shifts without any complaints...nice people to work with.

The hardest part of the job was when we would be checking multiple guests in at the same time with 100% accuracy.
Pros
everyone worked together as a team
Cons
no free food; when occupancy decreased so did the hours of work.
Its enjoyable to work because im an energetic and hardworking person.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 1, 2012
A new opened hotel, to work with team,co-workers are great ,the hardest part of job when lots of arrival ,the most enjoyable part of the job is doing laundry,doing inventory .
Pros
nothing is free
Cons
Over all friendliness and lots of team work.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONMarch 21, 2013
I liked working there for the work was pleasant. I got a long with staff. there was lots of team work. House keeping is a very physical work so very large rooms would be the hardest to do. Meeting people is the best part of the job and management has always been good.
Pros
friendly atomosphere
Cons
not full time hours
Amazing Workplace
Coopertive Education Student (Former Employee) –  BrockvilleMarch 22, 2015
All i did was do a Co-Op placement their, but being there from September till December really showed me what a good workplace looked like and that was the Comfort Inn. If i had the oppertunity to actually work there i would.
You are working steady until you are completed all your rooms.
Housekeeper/Laundry (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 14, 2014
Sign in when you get there. Get you assignment sheet and keys. Then go to you assigned floor. Get a cart, load everything you will need. Find out where you can start. If the room is vacant you completely clean the rooms and change the linen on the beds. If the room is occupied, you access what they are going to need and make sure they have it and also make their beds and clean the room.
Pros
you leave work when you are done.
Cons
not enough hours
GOOD PLACE TO START
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCOctober 30, 2012
I am doing checking in and making reservations by phones. Also, guest services are always needed in the working period. I am able to get what the guest wants and solve the problems, answer the questions of the guests. My co-workers are willing to help me develop the skills needed in this position. The most difficult part in this job is to make every guest satisfied. Therefore, when you finally did that, the happiness is the most enjoyable part in the job.
Pros
kind co-workers
Cons
long standing hours
Beware work hours are not what they are.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONApril 18, 2013
I worked at the Comfort Inn Chathamkent.I was hired for maintenance work.The hours of work for this position are 3 shifts consisting of 4 hrs each.You spend more on gas going to work than you make in wage at work.Beware
Pros
cheap rates at all comfort inns
Cons
not enough hours
Enjoyed it
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ONMay 13, 2015
Learned to work in a fast paced environment
Team Work skills
Customer service
Cleaning Supplies
Busy hotel environment; kept busy
Learned new things
Housekeeper, House women (Former Employee) –  calgary,abNovember 9, 2013
Stocking my cart and checking my rooms stripping and reporting to front desk of werid activity. I enjoyed this job I love to clean Im good at it. I learned how to deep clean how to be a house women and how to deal with pests. I learned about chemicals as well. The hardest part of the job were all the checkout some times we had 20 in one day it was tiring but I loved it. My faverite part of the job was making the beds or doing towel art making them different shapes

2.8