Comfort Inn Employee Reviews

Relaxed atmonsphere
Internal Auditor (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON19 November 2015
3 star. A friendly relaxed environment, Good renovation and improvement of the hotel facilities I will recommend it to any body looking for a stay at a hotel
Pros
Meeting people from all areas of life
Cons
setting up and preparing breakfast in the morning
Great people
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB2 November 2015
I enjoyed Comfort inn very much the work was challenging and my co-workers and supervisors were great.
I learned how to manage my time and take pride in a job well done.
I believe in working hard and always giving 100% to any task with a little bit of fun thrown in so you can enjot your job.
It is a good place to work
Front Desk (Current Employee) –  owen sound.on5 July 2012
The job itself is fun and exciting.I have never worked in ths field before and it has been a learning experience for me.I have a great management team and good co-workers.The hardest part of the job for me is working shift work.Days ,afternoons and midnights.I work every weekend and holiday which is hard for me as i don't get to spend any time with my famiy.I guess for me that is the hardest part of the job.I love meeting new people and you do that daily in this line of work.I have great customer service and problem solving skills and that is a must in the hotel business.
Guest Reception (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON6 July 2012
Assisted guests, tidied lobby area, prepared the continental breakfast.

I learned how to balance my time

Management was very understanding and flexible with hours.

Co-workers were easy to work with and helpful when it came to learning new tasks.

Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with guests and being a part of them having an enjoyable stay.

The hardest part of the job is working alone during busy parts of the day, balancing answering the phone, assigning tasks to housekeeping/maintenance, assisting guests checking in and out.
room attendent
room attendent (Former Employee) –  Kapuskasing18 August 2015
working here was great good people and the people you meet are wonderful to talk too and also the management was great,i really enjoyed my work there and it was a good experience as long it lasted.
My work at Hotel Comfort Inn
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 July 2015
Every day I was answering calls, making reservations and taking care of clients needs. Good management, nice co-workers.
The job have helped me to improve customer care skills
I was always very happy making people feeling good and happy with our services
Great staff fun atmosphere.
Hotel Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 October 2014
I learned quite a bit of hotel information, the functions of day to day of the hotel, book keeping, groth of customer service skills. As for the management it was not consistent we went through 3 managers in 2 years. My co workers were amazing we really got along like a family. Hardest part of the job was trying to adapt to new management and constant change in policies each time the management changed. The most enjoyable was the guests and my co workers.
A fun place to work
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON20 August 2013
We had wonderful staff all of the time which made for a great work day . As a supervisor , I learned if you show and give respect to the employees , they will show the same which makes for an easy , stress free day at work and has everyone working towards the same goal, filling the hotel with happy , satisfied and returning guests!
The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people and seeing the regulars return and knowing which staff member made an impression because the returning guests would ask for those staff members by name.
The hardest part , I believe of any job is having to let go of staff members that don't meet up to the standards and that take others down with them.
Pros
Team work, staff luncheons .
Cons
Overnight hours
must be physically fit but overall this was a great position
Assistant head housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC25 July 2012
working for this company was a great experience. I worked with a wonderful team of mostly women who were ther to get the job at hand done. The management was always available for staff and did their best to resolve any issues. I enjoyed the physical fitness that this position required never had to join a gym.
Pros
great bosses took us to diner, bowling rewarded our hard work with many perks.
Cons
very physically demanding
room for growth , job security and paid benefits
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON14 January 2014
a complete work day of 8 -10 hours.
I enjoy working on a team. I am also efficient in working on my own as well.
Pros
paid lunch break
Cons
distance, long hours, working at night
overall it is a nice place to work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB28 March 2015
i go in get my cart ready to go to work make sure i have all the stuff i need to do my jog for the day. when it is time to go to work i make sure i can get into the rooms to clean. my boss is nice to work for i have no problems. the people i work for are very nice to work for. the hardest part of the job is getting down on my hands and knees and washing the bathroom floor. is when the boss buys us lunch for the hard work we do
Pros
when we are there 5, 10, etc we get to pick a gift that we want that is the range of how long you been there
Cons
not enough hours
Productive and fun work environment.
Front Desk Manager/Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC22 September 2014
A typical day at work goes by fast as it is busy 70% of the time.

I have been able to improve in my customer support and service orientation.

Management is productive and helpful.

Some co-workers are helpful and others are just self centered.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with hard customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility it gives.
Productive workplace
Room attendant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 March 2012
The typical day was easy to follow on a daily basis. The routine was simple and easy to understand. Management was always there. My co-workers were reasonable to get along with, some were very friendly, and some were rude. Always meet new people everyday with good attitude. The hardest part of the job was cleaning 21 rooms in a 8 hour shift. The most enjoyable job was meeting new people everyday.
Pros
free breakfast, drinks, coffee and lunch
Was a great place to work
Night Audit Manager (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, AB18 March 2015
I truly enjoyed working for Comfort Inns and Suites. Management treated me with respect.They gave me added responsibilities to make decisions and backed my decisions based on my many years experience in the Hotel business.
Pros
As long as my job was completed accurately and on time, all was good.
Cons
Worked all night 11pm until 7am
Great work place amazing people to work with
Guest Services/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ON30 August 2012
I love my job and the people I work with, however I am looking for something a little condosive to my family lifestyle where I can be home with my children most nights. I would also like to have more opportunities for advancement within the company.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
nights away from my children
Learned the managerial processes in the hospitality industry.
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 June 2014
It seems because of a great economy in Alberta there is a high employee/employer turnover. Hiring and firing was on a regular weekly basis, the abundance of job opportunities makes it somewhat difficult for management to maintain employees, therefore having to hire and train very often which effects service and efficiency.
Working together like family
Full-time Guest Service Rep./ Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON29 October 2012
A typical day at work was checking guests in and out of their rooms with a professional attitude.

I learned the front desk computer system and how the front desk operates.

My co-workers and I supported each other when we needed to switch shifts without any complaints...nice people to work with.

The hardest part of the job was when we would be checking multiple guests in at the same time with 100% accuracy.
Pros
everyone worked together as a team
Cons
no free food; when occupancy decreased so did the hours of work.
Its enjoyable to work because im an energetic and hardworking person.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2012
A new opened hotel, to work with team,co-workers are great ,the hardest part of job when lots of arrival ,the most enjoyable part of the job is doing laundry,doing inventory .
Pros
nothing is free
Cons
Over all friendliness and lots of team work.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 March 2013
I liked working there for the work was pleasant. I got a long with staff. there was lots of team work. House keeping is a very physical work so very large rooms would be the hardest to do. Meeting people is the best part of the job and management has always been good.
Pros
friendly atomosphere
Cons
not full time hours
Very Organized system.
Front Desk Agent/Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON28 January 2015
Creates autonomy, very friendly work environment. I usually work the 3-11 shift. The operating system is very user friendly. Management is very helpful and they want to help you succeed. Hardest part of the job is to make sure everything balances in your reports.

2.8