Comfort Inn Employee Reviews

I enjoyed working at the Comfort Hotel. People I worked with were great.
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC10 February 2015
A typical day at work was full and enjoyable. I learned more and more every day I went to work as far as managing the housekeeping department. Management was good and fair, I thought. All of my co-workers were exceptional to work with, it was a great housekeeping team. We were all very hard workers. The hardest part of my job was getting laid off with no warning. The most enjoyable part of my job was going to work everyday thinking it would be the last place I would work.
Pros
The chance to learn any department you wanted to.
Cons
Not being respected as a Supervisor. Supervisors are considered throw aways. Not needed.
Great team!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 February 2015
No day in a hotel is typical, learned that its ok to be wrong providing you learn something from being wrong. I managed people from different cultural backgrounds and different walks of life. The hardest part of my job was when guests would leave unhappy due to their stay experience. What I enjoyed the most was turning an unhappy guest into a satisfied returning guest
Pros
great people
Cons
never off the clock - even when on vacation
Fun working in the hotel industry
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON20 December 2015
I did loved my job and my work place. If i wasnt moving out of Sudbury i would stayed longer. Nice people i work with or work in the hotel.
Very friendly staff and management
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, On28 October 2014
I enjoy working at the Comfort Inn but unfortunately it is a seasonal position. My co-workers are very friendly and willing to lend a hand when needed. Management is understanding and willing to accept any opinions or ways to help the hotel be a better place for our guests to stay. The most enjoyable part of the job is that when you arrive you are always greeted by the front desk staff and co-workers are all ready to get the work done that needs to be completed. Overall I enjoy working at the Comfort Inn. The hardest part of the job at Comfort Inn is not knowing when you will work next.
Pros
free swimming
Cons
not knowing when you work next
Great staff fun atmosphere.
Hotel Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 October 2014
I learned quite a bit of hotel information, the functions of day to day of the hotel, book keeping, groth of customer service skills. As for the management it was not consistent we went through 3 managers in 2 years. My co workers were amazing we really got along like a family. Hardest part of the job was trying to adapt to new management and constant change in policies each time the management changed. The most enjoyable was the guests and my co workers.
You are working steady until you are completed all your rooms.
Housekeeper/Laundry (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 July 2014
Sign in when you get there. Get you assignment sheet and keys. Then go to you assigned floor. Get a cart, load everything you will need. Find out where you can start. If the room is vacant you completely clean the rooms and change the linen on the beds. If the room is occupied, you access what they are going to need and make sure they have it and also make their beds and clean the room.
Pros
You leave work when you are done.
Cons
Not enough hours
It is a good place to work
Front Desk (Current Employee) –  owen sound.on5 July 2012
The job itself is fun and exciting.I have never worked in ths field before and it has been a learning experience for me.I have a great management team and good co-workers.The hardest part of the job for me is working shift work.Days ,afternoons and midnights.I work every weekend and holiday which is hard for me as i don't get to spend any time with my famiy.I guess for me that is the hardest part of the job.I love meeting new people and you do that daily in this line of work.I have great customer service and problem solving skills and that is a must in the hotel business.
Guest Reception (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON6 July 2012
Assisted guests, tidied lobby area, prepared the continental breakfast.

I learned how to balance my time

Management was very understanding and flexible with hours.

Co-workers were easy to work with and helpful when it came to learning new tasks.

Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with guests and being a part of them having an enjoyable stay.

The hardest part of the job is working alone during busy parts of the day, balancing answering the phone, assigning tasks to housekeeping/maintenance, assisting guests checking in and out.
must be physically fit but overall this was a great position
Assistant head housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC25 July 2012
working for this company was a great experience. I worked with a wonderful team of mostly women who were ther to get the job at hand done. The management was always available for staff and did their best to resolve any issues. I enjoyed the physical fitness that this position required never had to join a gym.
Pros
great bosses took us to diner, bowling rewarded our hard work with many perks.
Cons
very physically demanding
Working together like family
Full-time Guest Service Rep./ Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON29 October 2012
A typical day at work was checking guests in and out of their rooms with a professional attitude.

I learned the front desk computer system and how the front desk operates.

My co-workers and I supported each other when we needed to switch shifts without any complaints...nice people to work with.

The hardest part of the job was when we would be checking multiple guests in at the same time with 100% accuracy.
Pros
everyone worked together as a team
Cons
no free food; when occupancy decreased so did the hours of work.
Great place to meet people from all walks of life.
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON28 October 2013
Everyday starts off the same, walk the property to removed any debris that may be on the property. ie: Garbage and any foreign object that could harm a guest or guest property/belongings.

I learned how to manage a position from budget to time management.

Management is always going to be tough to deal with seeing how they expect a cheap alternative or quick fix.

The team members are all very happy and experience ladies who keep a happy attitude and a warm conversation.

Hardest part of the job is trying to get approval from management for job task upgrades and certificates.

Everything about working here is enjoyable.
Pros
Pizza day (Last Friday of every month)
Cons
Rose
Learned new things
Housekeeper, House women (Former Employee) –  calgary,ab9 November 2013
Stocking my cart and checking my rooms stripping and reporting to front desk of werid activity. I enjoyed this job I love to clean Im good at it. I learned how to deep clean how to be a house women and how to deal with pests. I learned about chemicals as well. The hardest part of the job were all the checkout some times we had 20 in one day it was tiring but I loved it. My faverite part of the job was making the beds or doing towel art making them different shapes
GOOD PLACE TO START
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC30 October 2012
I am doing checking in and making reservations by phones. Also, guest services are always needed in the working period. I am able to get what the guest wants and solve the problems, answer the questions of the guests. My co-workers are willing to help me develop the skills needed in this position. The most difficult part in this job is to make every guest satisfied. Therefore, when you finally did that, the happiness is the most enjoyable part in the job.
Pros
kind co-workers
Cons
long standing hours
Productive workplace
Room attendant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 March 2012
The typical day was easy to follow on a daily basis. The routine was simple and easy to understand. Management was always there. My co-workers were reasonable to get along with, some were very friendly, and some were rude. Always meet new people everyday with good attitude. The hardest part of the job was cleaning 21 rooms in a 8 hour shift. The most enjoyable job was meeting new people everyday.
Pros
free breakfast, drinks, coffee and lunch
A fun place to work
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON20 August 2013
We had wonderful staff all of the time which made for a great work day . As a supervisor , I learned if you show and give respect to the employees , they will show the same which makes for an easy , stress free day at work and has everyone working towards the same goal, filling the hotel with happy , satisfied and returning guests!
The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people and seeing the regulars return and knowing which staff member made an impression because the returning guests would ask for those staff members by name.
The hardest part , I believe of any job is having to let go of staff members that don't meet up to the standards and that take others down with them.
Pros
Team work, staff luncheons .
Cons
Overnight hours
Productive and fun work environment.
Front Desk Manager/Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC22 September 2014
A typical day at work goes by fast as it is busy 70% of the time.

I have been able to improve in my customer support and service orientation.

Management is productive and helpful.

Some co-workers are helpful and others are just self centered.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with hard customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility it gives.
Was a great place to work
Night Audit Manager (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, AB18 March 2015
I truly enjoyed working for Comfort Inns and Suites. Management treated me with respect.They gave me added responsibilities to make decisions and backed my decisions based on my many years experience in the Hotel business.
Pros
As long as my job was completed accurately and on time, all was good.
Cons
Worked all night 11pm until 7am
My work at Hotel Comfort Inn
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 July 2015
Every day I was answering calls, making reservations and taking care of clients needs. Good management, nice co-workers.
The job have helped me to improve customer care skills
I was always very happy making people feeling good and happy with our services
Learned the managerial processes in the hospitality industry.
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 June 2014
It seems because of a great economy in Alberta there is a high employee/employer turnover. Hiring and firing was on a regular weekly basis, the abundance of job opportunities makes it somewhat difficult for management to maintain employees, therefore having to hire and train very often which effects service and efficiency.
Positive Environment
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON30 January 2014
• Checking guests in & out of the hotel
• Handling cash float
• Posting accurate charges on guests' account
• Handling guest complaints and concerns
• Providing information to guests about hotel & location
• Able to use the multi-line phone to book reservations/answering guests' questions
• Balancing cash, balance sheets & cash reports