Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive workplace
Room attendant (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 24, 2012
Pros: free breakfast, drinks, coffee and lunch
The typical day was easy to follow on a daily basis. The routine was simple and easy to understand. Management was always there. My co-workers were reasonable to get along with, some were very friendly, and some were rude. Always meet new people everyday with good attitude. The hardest part of the job was cleaning 21 rooms in a 8 hour shift. The most – more... enjoyable job was meeting new people everyday. – less
Productive and fun atmosphere amongest employees
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Rapid City, SDJuly 24, 2014
Pros: rewards (gift cards)
Cons: short breaks
The hotel management was friendly and very rewarding to there employees to show there appreceaction. They employees where friendly to the customers as well as each other and they also did towel origami (dogs, elephants, etc.) in the rooms and that would help the housekeepers in receiving tips.
Nice hotel...that's about it.
Graveyard Receptionist (Former Employee), Dixon, CAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
My time here was short for a reason. The management was horrible. Of the three managers, my main manager would tell me that, I'm doing a good job but then would tell the other co-workers otherwise. He lived on site and would often times come "home" drunk after a night at the club. Horrible. I did not like anything about this job.
productive
Front desk receptionist (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKJuly 22, 2014
Pros: fast pace
busy
customer service
transporting
cash handling
night audit
What a learning experience!
Hotel Maid (Former Employee), Moriarty, NMJuly 22, 2014
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: not steady work.
Working at a hotel isn't as easy as it sounds, you have people who trash rooms and just don't care but being able to see something so horrid and turning it into a place even you'd want to stay is quite rewarding.
Lack of communication and favoritism
Breakfast Attendant/ Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Rolla, MOJuly 22, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: drama
Enjoyed the job itself. Loved the guests and the experience. Manager hired family and would give family the power to make decisions and give them all the hours they wanted with no regard for the other employees work ethic or needs
Friendly people and Caring management
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Brownsburg, INJuly 22, 2014
Pros: stress free environment, great management, caring people
Cons: low pay
I worked for Comfort Suites off and on and I would have to say that Comfort Suites is my favorite out of all the employers I have had. The owner is very nice and very fair to his employees. They did not pay well but their hospitality made up for it. When I was pregnant they were very good about giving me time off for my doctors appointments and gave – more... me extra help with my duties as a housekeeper. They have a stress free working environment and they are very generous to their employees. They often buy the staff lunch and the food was always amazing. They also gave their staff free coffee and breakfast in the mornings. – less
Quite and slow
Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Roseville, MIJuly 21, 2014
Pros: meeting people.
Cons: no security.
Working mid-night shift would have been better with security.
Worst place to work for.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Gothenburg, NEJuly 20, 2014
They don't care if you have the job as a part-time and are in college or not, they want to there 40 hours and they wont allow you to work on homework in downtime.
An Interesting Experience
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), Annapolis, MDJuly 20, 2014
Pros: set schedule, paid vacation, understanding boss
Cons: no benefits, no room for advancement
A typical day for me was relatively relaxed, my duty was to help customers and to make myself available for when they came in whether they were checking in or already in house and needed assistance with various other tasks: getting extra towels, silverware, various toiletries, directions to local places, accessing the internet, aid with the business – more... center, sending faxes, etc. Inevitably though things would occasionally go wrong, in my experience as a cashier a customer would be upset about a coupon that wouldn't work but as a hotel receptionist I learned a guest would be furious if they found themselves roused in the middle of the night by other rowdy guests. I learned to manage guests and their discrepancies, whether it is changing a room, retrieving a new iron, or in some unfortunate scenarios - calling the police. I worked by myself for the most part and so I had to learn to be completely independent, I managed the hotel and generally kept everything running smoothly for my eight hours.

The only really interaction I had with coworkers was during the changing of shifts, I found all of my coworkers to be wonderful people who always tried their bests. I couldn't have asked for a better group of coworkers.

The hardest part is definitely when something goes wrong. Trying to remedy a situation in a timely matter could occasionally prove to be tricky especially if I needed the aid of housekeepers that were all Spanish speaking. The language barrier proved to be most challenging, but we would always figure it out, even when we had to reduce to playing charades with each other.

The best part about my job is my boss and my regulars. My boss was always very understanding, helpful, and reliable. She was always on call if something critical occurred, she always kept me up to tabs on what was going on, and what I should expect. Regular clients are surely one of the best details of any job, the people you see on a regular basis who are always happy and always understanding. – less
not good
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Crafton, PAJuly 19, 2014
Cons: eveyrthing
management had no idea what they were doing. pay was very low and the hours werent good either.
Faced-paced and challenging enviornment
Front Desk/Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Boise, IDJuly 19, 2014
I am able to work with so many different people. I enjoy the challenge of solving problems and meeting new people from all over the world.
Slow paced but easy job
Front Desk Attendant (Current Employee), Fortuna, CAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: small community. on slow workdays i can do school work.
Cons: no breaks or benefits
A typical day includes swapping the laundry over from previous shift, counting til, checking in customers, marketing room upgrades, and a lot of waiting for the phone to ring or someone to walk through the door.

I learned that using a debit card when paying for transactions often ties up more of your funds than one may think and is unadvised when paying – more... for a hotel room, use a credit card instead. I also improved on my 10 key typing skills.

Management could have been better. There was a lack of communication as the manager was seldom onsite. Any issues that needed resolving were dealt with some time after they had transpired. Spare towels and the like were kept behind lock and key, providing the bare minimum.

The co-workers that actually stuck around more than a month or two were great. For the most part the ones that left simply were not looking for serious employment.

The hardest part about the job was the lack of spare blankets, towels, and other personal items which meant I had to explain to customers that we were out of whatever they wanted more often than not. The lack of supplemental staffing was good for my wallet but not so well on my social life which in turn makes for a short fuse when dealing with customers with poor attitudes.

The most enjoyable part of the job was during school when it is slow and I could get my school work done. The other enjoyable part was fulfilling the needs of the customers who appreciated the service. – less
great place to work with a wonderful boss
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Avon, COJuly 15, 2014
Pros: learn a lot
Cons: long hours
typical sales environment with tons of interaction with clients and hotel staff.
It was okay
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Cedar Falls, IAJuly 15, 2014
well there was some good points and bad point thats all i can say
Dependable, dedicated and hardworking
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee), Logan, UTJuly 14, 2014
Started as an assistant supervisor and quickly advanced to supervisor over housekeeping. I have gained more experience in management, inventtory and scheduling. I enjoy most is when a review about me reaches trip advisor about theyre stay and that they were very happy.
great place to work at
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), Sanford, FLJuly 9, 2014
Pros: awesome meeting and coworkers
Cons: no benefits
My days are always a great. Management is good with us, works around our schedule and tells us every time we are doing something good. There really isnt a hard part about my job been here for 4 years. what i enjoy the most is meeting and helping different people each and every day
Guest Services Associate (Current Employee), San Angelo, TXJuly 9, 2014
Pros: the job itself is enjoyable
Cons: no breaks, eating lunches while working
Typically, I come to work and check all of the arrivals for the day. Then I print off all of the reports to keep track of everything if the computer system goes down. I review reports from previous days that either I was not present for or just the previous 24 hours. Furthermore, I continue the day with checking guests in, making reservations, handling – more... accounts, fixing problems, and filing the necessary paperwork, along with other duties.
I've learned how to manuver throughout the Choice Advantage computer system and how to handle various situations with different guests.
Management has been newly placed and the guest services manager doesn't know how to work all of the positions yet, and I will be training her on the Audit soon, at her availablity. Then, they are not allowing any overtime, even when it's necessary to work in all sick days or call ins.
My co-workers do their jobs, but lose sight of certain small tasks that need to be done without confusing the next shift workers.
The hardest part of the job is probably keeping up with the paperwork, marketplace, phone calls, guests, and requests on busy days. On the other hand, that helps the day go by faster.
I enjoy the different guests, especially the regulars that love to make conversation. I have made quite a reputation for myself helping guests and providing excellent customer service that some guests even ask for me when they arrive. – less
Good place to work and meet new people
Guest Service Clerk (Former Employee), Brentwood, TNJuly 5, 2014
I learned things from all shifts. Most guests you meet made it hard to enjoy the job. When I worked there many times I had to fix toilets which was not in my job description. I enjoyed getting a chance to meet new people.
Very nice place to work.
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Lexington, KYJuly 2, 2014
Pros: good hours and great enviroment
Cons: no breaks really and no advancement
Most days are spent checking in guests and meeting guests needs. A lot of answering phones, and solving problems.