Comfort Inn Employee Reviews

Shapes you into a responsible hard working person
House keeping (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE25 March 2016
The Comfort Inn Charlottetown is a great place to work; the management and staff are really great and go above and beyond to make you feel comfortable and give a very thorough training process.
Pros
Two 15 minute paid breaks
Cons
Dry season
Productive workplace
Maintanance (Former Employee) –  Point Edward, ON24 May 2016
I generally worked on my own which basically made me my own boss at times meaning I had to make many decisions based on my knowledge of what needed to be done at the time.
Great Location
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB21 May 2016
Spent one night here. Room had 2queen beds. Very comfortable and clean. Quiet. Good breakfast in the morning. Front desk staff very friendly. The location was great, many restaurants in the area along with good highway access.
fun, hard-working hotel
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON14 March 2016
A typical day at work was always busy i cleaned rooms so it was hard work surprisingly, i learned to clean and learned how to interract with peopl more. Managment was great they were nice until my manager left and a new one came, my co-workers were really nice always tried to help when they could, the hardest part was to clean rooms that were extra messy but i always got through it, i enjoyed coming in everyday because i love to stay busy.
Great hotel
Audit Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 May 2016
Run Audit around 2 am

Print appropriate reports for GM the next day

Make sure everything balance

Great co workers and guests
i love hospitality ,its fun as enjoyable.
Receptionist/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 January 2016
love Mondays, mostly because the day flies by in a flash.
My last job was an excellent learning opportunity and I developed my skills and experience in numerous different ways.
I've had a number of good managers. Perhaps the best was one who paid particular care to let me know exactly what was needed of me and then made sure I had everything I needed to do the job. With a clean run I got a lot done and we both were very successful.\
The hardest part of my job is waking up in the morning. I know it sounds stupid, but I have awful sleep habits, and re-training my body to fall asleep at a reasonable time has proven to be far more difficult than I want it to be. Other than that, I like everything about my current job.My favorite parts of my last job included the ability to work independently (trust from employers) & the people I worked with. It’s great to work with people that care about their company and doing a good job. It’s hard to find that environment today because so many people just don’t care about honesty, hard work & integrity.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
overtime
job was only temporary work
Building Attendant/Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS12 February 2013
was a good company to work for ,there were fringe benefits ,cheap hotelswhile working for this company
i find comfort inn a fun and learning place to work as i have done alot of years of factory work and cleaning is different experience
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Cobourg, ON22 February 2016
I find comfort inn a very comfortable and fun place to work for and all my co-workers are great workers and willing to learn new things if needed I have went from just housekeeping to headhouse and enjoy the responsibilities that go with the job
not welcoming
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS26 March 2016
When i got my job there, there wasn't to many nice people there, i did make some friends, but i got bullied sometimes, no one was treated the same. Nothing was fair, and good workers lost their job because they stood up for themselves
Pros
made a friend
Cons
not nice
fast pace
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON8 April 2016
some of the managment where not very friendly. the pace was fast and it was a pleasure to strive to keep up.the younger kids where eager to learn and listen to older workers.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
less pay
a bit misleading
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON2 December 2015
Although I enjoyed very much working at the comfort inn, I found the "part-time" heading to be a bit misleading. In my opinion, it should be classified as "seasonal". There is only work for the low-man on the pole if the hotel is busy. It was not uncommon for me to work only a day or two, if at all, for several weeks on end. This does not work well if you are the sole income provider for the home. Sadly, I had to move on to more steady work.
Pros
wonderful group to work with, pleasant atmosphere, fairly supportive staff all 'round, convinient location
Cons
expected amount of hours not met
Night life much different than day life
FD Night Auditor Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 September 2015
As a night auditor, there is not much you can miss out on a night. However, your day is perhaps, wasted. I have enjoyed little time at Comfort Inn with its guests.

At Comfort Inn, a night auditor is the management and security who runs the hotel entirely. That is of course aside from running the daily night audit. For such little wage as little as $12.00/hour couldn't pay off the hard work I provided. So, I decided to quit.
Pros
Understanding the workflow of the business entierly.
Cons
Little wages
Poor culture
Hotel employee (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC9 September 2015
Owner /Operator and therefore very poor culture and expected to work more and get paid less. There is flexibility but sometimes have to work more to get days off.
Pros
flexibility
Awesome place to work
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, Ontario3 February 2016
My co-workers are so friendly and nice. I've asked questions and everything that I know I need to know, I write it down in my notebook, so I am able to remember, and I found that we are all helpful to each other.
I enjoyed working at the Comfort Hotel. People I worked with were great.
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC10 February 2015
A typical day at work was full and enjoyable. I learned more and more every day I went to work as far as managing the housekeeping department. Management was good and fair, I thought. All of my co-workers were exceptional to work with, it was a great housekeeping team. We were all very hard workers. The hardest part of my job was getting laid off with no warning. The most enjoyable part of my job was going to work everyday thinking it would be the last place I would work.
Pros
The chance to learn any department you wanted to.
Cons
Not being respected as a Supervisor. Supervisors are considered throw aways. Not needed.
n/a
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON5 August 2015
-Always greeted guests in a friendly and professional manner
- Engaged each guest as a unique individual and listened attentively to their requests
- Performed accurate check-ins and check-outs of guests daily
- Answered the telephone in a timely and professional manner
- Made reservations over the phone and in person
- Ran daily reports to check reservations for accuracy and identify any special requests
- Responsible for a cash float throughout your shift and ensuring it balances correctly at the end of shift
- Used data entry and quick thinking while attending each individual guest
- Managed and successfully ran night audits
Great place to meet people from all walks of life.
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON28 October 2013
Everyday starts off the same, walk the property to removed any debris that may be on the property. ie: Garbage and any foreign object that could harm a guest or guest property/belongings.

I learned how to manage a position from budget to time management.

Management is always going to be tough to deal with seeing how they expect a cheap alternative or quick fix.

The team members are all very happy and experience ladies who keep a happy attitude and a warm conversation.

Hardest part of the job is trying to get approval from management for job task upgrades and certificates.

Everything about working here is enjoyable.
Pros
Pizza day (Last Friday of every month)
Cons
Rose
Very friendly staff and management
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, On28 October 2014
I enjoy working at the Comfort Inn but unfortunately it is a seasonal position. My co-workers are very friendly and willing to lend a hand when needed. Management is understanding and willing to accept any opinions or ways to help the hotel be a better place for our guests to stay. The most enjoyable part of the job is that when you arrive you are always greeted by the front desk staff and co-workers are all ready to get the work done that needs to be completed. Overall I enjoy working at the Comfort Inn. The hardest part of the job at Comfort Inn is not knowing when you will work next.
Pros
free swimming
Cons
not knowing when you work next
Wendy's
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB27 October 2015
I worked there for four years and was moving up into be a supervisor and then the manager passed away and new management took over which made things hard for the staff. I made life long friends at Wendy's though.
Pros
Good people
Cons
New management
quiet, peaceful
Front desk, Night Audit (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS28 November 2015
It was a very relaxing job, not many customers in the evening or during my night Audit shift. I did not work very much with my co-workers. I sat at a desk, did the work required of me. I enjoyed the change. As a cook it's go go go. This was a nice change.
Pros
breaks
Cons
sometimes could be a little boring

2.8