Comfort Inn Employee Reviews in Canada

quiet, peaceful
Front desk, Night Audit (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSNovember 28, 2015
It was a very relaxing job, not many customers in the evening or during my night Audit shift. I did not work very much with my co-workers. I sat at a desk, did the work required of me. I enjoyed the change. As a cook it's go go go. This was a nice change.
Pros
breaks
Cons
sometimes could be a little boring
Wendy's
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NBOctober 27, 2015
I worked there for four years and was moving up into be a supervisor and then the manager passed away and new management took over which made things hard for the staff. I made life long friends at Wendy's though.
Pros
Good people
Cons
New management
Fun workplace
Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJanuary 5, 2016
On a typical day I would stock the breakfast room, get food ready and heated, help guests as I was needed, and clean up breakfast room after.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Not perminant
Fun working in the hotel industry
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ONDecember 20, 2015
I did loved my job and my work place. If i wasnt moving out of Sudbury i would stayed longer. Nice people i work with or work in the hotel.
Hard but rewarding
Housekeeper/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ONDecember 3, 2015
A well managed workplace that cared for both staff a customers/residents. There was alot of potential for growth in the company, but was a bit understaffed.
Pros
Tips, friendly staff
Cons
understaffed, heavy work load
Relaxed atmonsphere
Internal Auditor (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONNovember 19, 2015
3 star. A friendly relaxed environment, Good renovation and improvement of the hotel facilities I will recommend it to any body looking for a stay at a hotel
Pros
Meeting people from all areas of life
Cons
setting up and preparing breakfast in the morning
n/a
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONAugust 5, 2015
-Always greeted guests in a friendly and professional manner
- Engaged each guest as a unique individual and listened attentively to their requests
- Performed accurate check-ins and check-outs of guests daily
- Answered the telephone in a timely and professional manner
- Made reservations over the phone and in person
- Ran daily reports to check reservations for accuracy and identify any special requests
- Responsible for a cash float throughout your shift and ensuring it balances correctly at the end of shift
- Used data entry and quick thinking while attending each individual guest
- Managed and successfully ran night audits
Great people
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBNovember 2, 2015
I enjoyed Comfort inn very much the work was challenging and my co-workers and supervisors were great.
I learned how to manage my time and take pride in a job well done.
I believe in working hard and always giving 100% to any task with a little bit of fun thrown in so you can enjot your job.
job was only temporary work
Building Attendant/Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSFebruary 12, 2013
was a good company to work for ,there were fringe benefits ,cheap hotelswhile working for this company
room attendent
room attendent (Former Employee) –  KapuskasingAugust 18, 2015
working here was great good people and the people you meet are wonderful to talk too and also the management was great,i really enjoyed my work there and it was a good experience as long it lasted.
I enjoyed working at the Comfort Hotel. People I worked with were great.
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCFebruary 10, 2015
A typical day at work was full and enjoyable. I learned more and more every day I went to work as far as managing the housekeeping department. Management was good and fair, I thought. All of my co-workers were exceptional to work with, it was a great housekeeping team. We were all very hard workers. The hardest part of my job was getting laid off with no warning. The most enjoyable part of my job was going to work everyday thinking it would be the last place I would work.
Pros
the chance to learn any department you wanted to.
Cons
not being respected as a supervisor. supervisors are considered throw aways. not needed.
My work at Hotel Comfort Inn
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJuly 10, 2015
Every day I was answering calls, making reservations and taking care of clients needs. Good management, nice co-workers.
The job have helped me to improve customer care skills
I was always very happy making people feeling good and happy with our services
Very friendly staff and management
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, OnOctober 28, 2014
I enjoy working at the Comfort Inn but unfortunately it is a seasonal position. My co-workers are very friendly and willing to lend a hand when needed. Management is understanding and willing to accept any opinions or ways to help the hotel be a better place for our guests to stay. The most enjoyable part of the job is that when you arrive you are always greeted by the front desk staff and co-workers are all ready to get the work done that needs to be completed. Overall I enjoy working at the Comfort Inn. The hardest part of the job at Comfort Inn is not knowing when you will work next.
Pros
free swimming
Cons
not knowing when you work next
overall it is a nice place to work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NBMarch 28, 2015
i go in get my cart ready to go to work make sure i have all the stuff i need to do my jog for the day. when it is time to go to work i make sure i can get into the rooms to clean. my boss is nice to work for i have no problems. the people i work for are very nice to work for. the hardest part of the job is getting down on my hands and knees and washing the bathroom floor. is when the boss buys us lunch for the hard work we do
Pros
when we are there 5, 10, etc we get to pick a gift that we want that is the range of how long you been there
Cons
not enough hours
Great place to meet people from all walks of life.
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ONOctober 28, 2013
Everyday starts off the same, walk the property to removed any debris that may be on the property. ie: Garbage and any foreign object that could harm a guest or guest property/belongings.

I learned how to manage a position from budget to time management.

Management is always going to be tough to deal with seeing how they expect a cheap alternative or quick fix.

The team members are all very happy and experience ladies who keep a happy attitude and a warm conversation.

Hardest part of the job is trying to get approval from management for job task upgrades and certificates.

Everything about working here is enjoyable.
Pros
pizza day (last friday of every month)
Cons
rose
Was a great place to work
Night Audit Manager (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, ABMarch 18, 2015
I truly enjoyed working for Comfort Inns and Suites. Management treated me with respect.They gave me added responsibilities to make decisions and backed my decisions based on my many years experience in the Hotel business.
Pros
As long as my job was completed accurately and on time, all was good.
Cons
Worked all night 11pm until 7am
It is a good place to work
Front Desk (Current Employee) –  owen sound.onJuly 5, 2012
The job itself is fun and exciting.I have never worked in ths field before and it has been a learning experience for me.I have a great management team and good co-workers.The hardest part of the job for me is working shift work.Days ,afternoons and midnights.I work every weekend and holiday which is hard for me as i don't get to spend any time with my famiy.I guess for me that is the hardest part of the job.I love meeting new people and you do that daily in this line of work.I have great customer service and problem solving skills and that is a must in the hotel business.
Guest Reception (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ONJuly 6, 2012
Assisted guests, tidied lobby area, prepared the continental breakfast.

I learned how to balance my time

Management was very understanding and flexible with hours.

Co-workers were easy to work with and helpful when it came to learning new tasks.

Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with guests and being a part of them having an enjoyable stay.

The hardest part of the job is working alone during busy parts of the day, balancing answering the phone, assigning tasks to housekeeping/maintenance, assisting guests checking in and out.
Great staff fun atmosphere.
Hotel Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 6, 2014
I learned quite a bit of hotel information, the functions of day to day of the hotel, book keeping, groth of customer service skills. As for the management it was not consistent we went through 3 managers in 2 years. My co workers were amazing we really got along like a family. Hardest part of the job was trying to adapt to new management and constant change in policies each time the management changed. The most enjoyable was the guests and my co workers.
A joy to meet people from all over the world
HOTEL RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 20, 2015
My position is front desk. I check in and out guests, make reservations, give directions and help them with any other inquiries they have,
Pros
Meet lots of people
Cons
No real lunch break

2.8