Comfort Inn Employee Reviews in Canada

Hard but rewarding
Housekeeper/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ONDecember 3, 2015
A well managed workplace that cared for both staff a customers/residents. There was alot of potential for growth in the company, but was a bit understaffed.
Pros
Tips, friendly staff
Cons
understaffed, heavy work load
Fun workplace
Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJanuary 5, 2016
On a typical day I would stock the breakfast room, get food ready and heated, help guests as I was needed, and clean up breakfast room after.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Not perminant
Wendy's
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NBOctober 27, 2015
I worked there for four years and was moving up into be a supervisor and then the manager passed away and new management took over which made things hard for the staff. I made life long friends at Wendy's though.
Pros
Good people
Cons
New management
n/a
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONAugust 5, 2015
-Always greeted guests in a friendly and professional manner
- Engaged each guest as a unique individual and listened attentively to their requests
- Performed accurate check-ins and check-outs of guests daily
- Answered the telephone in a timely and professional manner
- Made reservations over the phone and in person
- Ran daily reports to check reservations for accuracy and identify any special requests
- Responsible for a cash float throughout your shift and ensuring it balances correctly at the end of shift
- Used data entry and quick thinking while attending each individual guest
- Managed and successfully ran night audits
Fun working in the hotel industry
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ONDecember 20, 2015
I did loved my job and my work place. If i wasnt moving out of Sudbury i would stayed longer. Nice people i work with or work in the hotel.
Poor culture
Hotel employee (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCSeptember 9, 2015
Owner /Operator and therefore very poor culture and expected to work more and get paid less. There is flexibility but sometimes have to work more to get days off.
Pros
flexibility
My work at Hotel Comfort Inn
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJuly 10, 2015
Every day I was answering calls, making reservations and taking care of clients needs. Good management, nice co-workers.
The job have helped me to improve customer care skills
I was always very happy making people feeling good and happy with our services
room attendent
room attendent (Former Employee) –  KapuskasingAugust 18, 2015
working here was great good people and the people you meet are wonderful to talk too and also the management was great,i really enjoyed my work there and it was a good experience as long it lasted.
overall it is a nice place to work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NBMarch 28, 2015
i go in get my cart ready to go to work make sure i have all the stuff i need to do my jog for the day. when it is time to go to work i make sure i can get into the rooms to clean. my boss is nice to work for i have no problems. the people i work for are very nice to work for. the hardest part of the job is getting down on my hands and knees and washing the bathroom floor. is when the boss buys us lunch for the hard work we do
Pros
when we are there 5, 10, etc we get to pick a gift that we want that is the range of how long you been there
Cons
not enough hours
Don't waste your time
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONMarch 12, 2015
A lot of great people to work with who made tolerable.
Very high turn over rate.
Under paid
Not enough hrs, lucky if 2 days a week
Owner of the hotel is awful!!!!!! I can't stress this enough. Mean, rude, unrealistic. Does not care for employees. Aĺl about how to cut costs and what ends up in his pocket.
Manager of the hotel is nice.
No benefits
Have to do outside work such as wash windows, sweep out parking lot, and pick up garbage.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
not enough hrs, under paid, more than just house keeping
I enjoyed working at the Comfort Hotel. People I worked with were great.
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCFebruary 10, 2015
A typical day at work was full and enjoyable. I learned more and more every day I went to work as far as managing the housekeeping department. Management was good and fair, I thought. All of my co-workers were exceptional to work with, it was a great housekeeping team. We were all very hard workers. The hardest part of my job was getting laid off with no warning. The most enjoyable part of my job was going to work everyday thinking it would be the last place I would work.
Pros
the chance to learn any department you wanted to.
Cons
not being respected as a supervisor. supervisors are considered throw aways. not needed.
A joy to meet people from all over the world
HOTEL RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 20, 2015
My position is front desk. I check in and out guests, make reservations, give directions and help them with any other inquiries they have,
Pros
Meet lots of people
Cons
No real lunch break
Was a great place to work
Night Audit Manager (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, ABMarch 18, 2015
I truly enjoyed working for Comfort Inns and Suites. Management treated me with respect.They gave me added responsibilities to make decisions and backed my decisions based on my many years experience in the Hotel business.
Pros
As long as my job was completed accurately and on time, all was good.
Cons
Worked all night 11pm until 7am
Great team!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 3, 2015
No day in a hotel is typical, learned that its ok to be wrong providing you learn something from being wrong. I managed people from different cultural backgrounds and different walks of life. The hardest part of my job was when guests would leave unhappy due to their stay experience. What I enjoyed the most was turning an unhappy guest into a satisfied returning guest
Pros
great people
Cons
never off the clock - even when on vacation
Very friendly staff and management
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, OnOctober 28, 2014
I enjoy working at the Comfort Inn but unfortunately it is a seasonal position. My co-workers are very friendly and willing to lend a hand when needed. Management is understanding and willing to accept any opinions or ways to help the hotel be a better place for our guests to stay. The most enjoyable part of the job is that when you arrive you are always greeted by the front desk staff and co-workers are all ready to get the work done that needs to be completed. Overall I enjoy working at the Comfort Inn. The hardest part of the job at Comfort Inn is not knowing when you will work next.
Pros
free swimming
Cons
not knowing when you work next
Great staff fun atmosphere.
Hotel Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 6, 2014
I learned quite a bit of hotel information, the functions of day to day of the hotel, book keeping, groth of customer service skills. As for the management it was not consistent we went through 3 managers in 2 years. My co workers were amazing we really got along like a family. Hardest part of the job was trying to adapt to new management and constant change in policies each time the management changed. The most enjoyable was the guests and my co workers.
Amazing Workplace
Coopertive Education Student (Former Employee) –  BrockvilleMarch 22, 2015
All i did was do a Co-Op placement their, but being there from September till December really showed me what a good workplace looked like and that was the Comfort Inn. If i had the oppertunity to actually work there i would.
Very Organized system.
Front Desk Agent/Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONJanuary 28, 2015
Creates autonomy, very friendly work environment. I usually work the 3-11 shift. The operating system is very user friendly. Management is very helpful and they want to help you succeed. Hardest part of the job is to make sure everything balances in your reports.
Productive and fun work environment.
Front Desk Manager/Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BCSeptember 22, 2014
A typical day at work goes by fast as it is busy 70% of the time.

I have been able to improve in my customer support and service orientation.

Management is productive and helpful.

Some co-workers are helpful and others are just self centered.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with hard customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility it gives.
You are working steady until you are completed all your rooms.
Housekeeper/Laundry (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 14, 2014
Sign in when you get there. Get you assignment sheet and keys. Then go to you assigned floor. Get a cart, load everything you will need. Find out where you can start. If the room is vacant you completely clean the rooms and change the linen on the beds. If the room is occupied, you access what they are going to need and make sure they have it and also make their beds and clean the room.
Pros
you leave work when you are done.
Cons
not enough hours

2.8