Comfort Inn Employee Reviews

i love hospitality ,its fun as enjoyable.
Receptionist/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 January 2016
love Mondays, mostly because the day flies by in a flash.
My last job was an excellent learning opportunity and I developed my skills and experience in numerous different ways.
I've had a number of good managers. Perhaps the best was one who paid particular care to let me know exactly what was needed of me and then made sure I had everything I needed to do the job. With a clean run I got a lot done and we both were very successful.\
The hardest part of my job is waking up in the morning. I know it sounds stupid, but I have awful sleep habits, and re-training my body to fall asleep at a reasonable time has proven to be far more difficult than I want it to be. Other than that, I like everything about my current job.My favorite parts of my last job included the ability to work independently (trust from employers) & the people I worked with. It’s great to work with people that care about their company and doing a good job. It’s hard to find that environment today because so many people just don’t care about honesty, hard work & integrity.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
overtime
Fun workplace
Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 January 2016
On a typical day I would stock the breakfast room, get food ready and heated, help guests as I was needed, and clean up breakfast room after.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Not perminant
Fun working in the hotel industry
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON20 December 2015
I did loved my job and my work place. If i wasnt moving out of Sudbury i would stayed longer. Nice people i work with or work in the hotel.
Hard but rewarding
Housekeeper/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON3 December 2015
A well managed workplace that cared for both staff a customers/residents. There was alot of potential for growth in the company, but was a bit understaffed.
Pros
Tips, friendly staff
Cons
understaffed, heavy work load
a bit misleading
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON2 December 2015
Although I enjoyed very much working at the comfort inn, I found the "part-time" heading to be a bit misleading. In my opinion, it should be classified as "seasonal". There is only work for the low-man on the pole if the hotel is busy. It was not uncommon for me to work only a day or two, if at all, for several weeks on end. This does not work well if you are the sole income provider for the home. Sadly, I had to move on to more steady work.
Pros
wonderful group to work with, pleasant atmosphere, fairly supportive staff all 'round, convinient location
Cons
expected amount of hours not met
quiet, peaceful
Front desk, Night Audit (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS28 November 2015
It was a very relaxing job, not many customers in the evening or during my night Audit shift. I did not work very much with my co-workers. I sat at a desk, did the work required of me. I enjoyed the change. As a cook it's go go go. This was a nice change.
Pros
breaks
Cons
sometimes could be a little boring
Relaxed atmonsphere
Internal Auditor (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON19 November 2015
3 star. A friendly relaxed environment, Good renovation and improvement of the hotel facilities I will recommend it to any body looking for a stay at a hotel
Pros
Meeting people from all areas of life
Cons
setting up and preparing breakfast in the morning
Great people
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB2 November 2015
I enjoyed Comfort inn very much the work was challenging and my co-workers and supervisors were great.
I learned how to manage my time and take pride in a job well done.
I believe in working hard and always giving 100% to any task with a little bit of fun thrown in so you can enjot your job.
Wendy's
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB27 October 2015
I worked there for four years and was moving up into be a supervisor and then the manager passed away and new management took over which made things hard for the staff. I made life long friends at Wendy's though.
Pros
Good people
Cons
New management
Night life much different than day life
FD Night Auditor Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 September 2015
As a night auditor, there is not much you can miss out on a night. However, your day is perhaps, wasted. I have enjoyed little time at Comfort Inn with its guests.

At Comfort Inn, a night auditor is the management and security who runs the hotel entirely. That is of course aside from running the daily night audit. For such little wage as little as $12.00/hour couldn't pay off the hard work I provided. So, I decided to quit.
Pros
Understanding the workflow of the business entierly.
Cons
Little wages
Poor culture
Hotel employee (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC9 September 2015
Owner /Operator and therefore very poor culture and expected to work more and get paid less. There is flexibility but sometimes have to work more to get days off.
Pros
flexibility
room attendent
room attendent (Former Employee) –  Kapuskasing18 August 2015
working here was great good people and the people you meet are wonderful to talk too and also the management was great,i really enjoyed my work there and it was a good experience as long it lasted.
n/a
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON5 August 2015
-Always greeted guests in a friendly and professional manner
- Engaged each guest as a unique individual and listened attentively to their requests
- Performed accurate check-ins and check-outs of guests daily
- Answered the telephone in a timely and professional manner
- Made reservations over the phone and in person
- Ran daily reports to check reservations for accuracy and identify any special requests
- Responsible for a cash float throughout your shift and ensuring it balances correctly at the end of shift
- Used data entry and quick thinking while attending each individual guest
- Managed and successfully ran night audits
My work at Hotel Comfort Inn
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 July 2015
Every day I was answering calls, making reservations and taking care of clients needs. Good management, nice co-workers.
The job have helped me to improve customer care skills
I was always very happy making people feeling good and happy with our services
A joy to meet people from all over the world
HOTEL RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 June 2015
My position is front desk. I check in and out guests, make reservations, give directions and help them with any other inquiries they have,
Pros
Meet lots of people
Cons
No real lunch break
Enjoyed it
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON13 May 2015
Learned to work in a fast paced environment
Team Work skills
Customer service
Cleaning Supplies
Busy hotel environment; kept busy
overall it is a nice place to work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB28 March 2015
i go in get my cart ready to go to work make sure i have all the stuff i need to do my jog for the day. when it is time to go to work i make sure i can get into the rooms to clean. my boss is nice to work for i have no problems. the people i work for are very nice to work for. the hardest part of the job is getting down on my hands and knees and washing the bathroom floor. is when the boss buys us lunch for the hard work we do
Pros
when we are there 5, 10, etc we get to pick a gift that we want that is the range of how long you been there
Cons
not enough hours
Amazing Workplace
Coopertive Education Student (Former Employee) –  Brockville22 March 2015
All i did was do a Co-Op placement their, but being there from September till December really showed me what a good workplace looked like and that was the Comfort Inn. If i had the oppertunity to actually work there i would.
Make good money
Reservation Agent (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON19 March 2015
Leant how to deal with costumer complaints and take reservation requests.
Lots of hours so you can make a good amount of money.
Co workers were really nice and helpful.
Was a great place to work
Night Audit Manager (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, AB18 March 2015
I truly enjoyed working for Comfort Inns and Suites. Management treated me with respect.They gave me added responsibilities to make decisions and backed my decisions based on my many years experience in the Hotel business.
Pros
As long as my job was completed accurately and on time, all was good.
Cons
Worked all night 11pm until 7am

2.8