Comfort Inn Employee Reviews

Fun Work place
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON10 January 2017
I did learned management skills, working night shift isn't that easy. as every work place people do not not have same education, cultures or even believing. Few of my co-workers i can not get along with because they brought their families issue at the work place and treat you like garbage bag. What did i enjoyed the most is when i am done my paper work and everything balance
Pros
free brakefast
Cons
garbage cleaning
Productive and fun/safe workplace
Front Desk Agent/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Sturgeon Falls, ON10 January 2017
Working at the Comfort Inn was an amazing experience, everyone was so nice we all helped each other it was like a little family.

A typical day at work was what you would expect you would come in work hard, make sure the customers were happy and comfortable, co-workers would chit chat if grouped together but still get the job done perfectly.
I'm not to sure what the hardest part of the job was I enjoyed at all but the most enjoyable part for me was when a costumer wold tell us they enjoyed their stay it always made me happy to hear that.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
not fully knowing if you would be working or not
Good hotel branch with ability to move up in job.
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON16 December 2016
I will come into work, balance the books for the day to ensure all daily revenues have been collected and accounted for. I learned how the hotel business works as a whole, both on the customer service and marketing side of things. Management was a great help and offered much insight into the daily operations. The hardest part of the job was correcting others mistakes in order to balance the books and the most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with numerous patrons from all different walks of life.
looking for full time emplyment in a friendly hard working work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON14 November 2016
hard working patient loyal friendly respecful and willing to work hard always takevpride in my work in my opinion there was no one working hardcore taking pride of there job they were issues with people making up dirty beds just cutting corners and me I would rather work in a place that takes pride in their job
Productive work enviroment
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON31 May 2016
This has been a learning experience as I am fairly new to the industry. I was raised in the hospitality industry from a child so I know and understand the in's and out's of the business. I am looking to be able to expand and grow with the company and gradually move up among my fellow colleges.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Short Staffed
fun to work at, keeps you moving, enjoyable
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Virden, MB4 November 2016
a typical day at work at the ComfortInn & suites would be saying your good mornings to the other employees, getting your cart ready and re- stocked with towels, filling up cleaning bottles if needed, heading up to your floor that you are working on, and getting your main cleaning cart out, and pushed to the first room that you have to clean.
At this job I learned how to clean rooms, how beds are properly made, how to deal with customers that try to get discounts out of you and have issues with their room or anything.
My co-workers were very nice, made sure that everyone felt like family and was always treated equally.
hardest part of the job was making sure EVERYONE got their rooms done before 4pm when check- in was.
Pros
boss would buy pizzas or chicken for lunch sometimes to say thankyou for our hard work
It was a nice work atmosphere, and we all got along which made the day go along so much quicker.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON15 July 2016
We all arrived at work early in the morning at around 8:00am. We all had to make sure our carts were stocked and that everything was counted before we started. I learned that you can't trust your follow co-workers not to steal your tips.
The hardest part of the job was lifting up the mattresses to change the sheets. I thought the most enjoyable part of the job was when we all got together for lunches together.
Pros
rewarding
Challenging
FOS (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK15 September 2016
Very challenging company to work for. The typical day is constantly evolving. I did however learn many transferable skills. Management worked very hard to improve the workplace environment however the staff wouldn't get on board which made most days a challenge.
Fun Staff, Horrible Ownership
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON13 January 2017
During my time at the Comfort Inn Welland, I was really impressed by the staff and their willingness to assist our guests on a daily basis. Owners DID NOT share this approach. Money for necessary daily functionality of the hotel and operational requests had to be vetted and approved by the owners. As an assistant manager, I was constantly receiving phone calls from third party contractors, that were owed money from our hotel owners. Therefore, I made the decision to separate myself from this establishment to look for more gainful employment elsewhere.
Laundry Worker (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON31 August 2016
I worked at the Comfort Inn for almost nine years and only left because of management change. It is a fast paced environment and I enjoy that and I worked with some of the best co-workers you could ask for.
housekeeping
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 October 2016
My day as a housekeeper I go in strip the beds take out all towels and bring in clean sheets and clean towels if shower curtain needs to be changed I will change it . I dust and clean out fridge then make the bed or beds if two of them in room then vacuum then clean bathroom spray the room with air fresher then go on to the next room . I clean 15 to 18 rooms or less
Pros
get to meet new friends and enjoy thier company
Cons
getting called off to many times
good place
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK6 January 2017
good place to work at, friendly staff, fun, gained experience, was a part time job, clean, good hotel, pleasant, knowledgeable, courteous to customers, always had stuff to do
A nice place to work.
Housekeeper/Breakfast Server (Former Employee) –  Campbellton, NB4 August 2016
The hours were good and so was the pay. You were obviously needed and wanted there and it was nice to interact with the guests as you went about your day. You felt accomplished by the end of your shift and while it was hard work, it was rewarding as well.
Fast paced work environment
Housekeeper and front desk (Former Employee) –  Swift Current, SK20 January 2016
I loved this job. I enjoyed everything about it on front desk even though the night audit shifts could very hard on a person and mess me up on my days. In a typical day I answered the phone and took lots of reservations, checked guests in and out of rooms, and also dealt with CP rail guys as the hotel had a contract with them. The management was very poor and didn't really care about their employees. My co-workers however were always fun, upbeat and always had smiles on their faces. They made the job better for me.
Pros
Being able to do something I enjoyed, great co-workers
Cons
Poor Management
Guest Services/maintenance/housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 April 2016
Good place to work. Hotel is undergoing new management.
Staff are very nice. The thing i learned the most was that not every day was one in the same. Each day was different with its own challenges.
provided hot breakfast and learned how to be a front desk receptionist
Breakfast Host (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC11 June 2016
It was a unforgettable part time work experience and practicum in Comfort Inn. I had learnt a lot from the work and coworkers, such as how to greet the guests, how to use computer systems to check in and out for guests. The coworkers were very nice to me, even though I did not know how to work better, they still teached me with patient.
Shapes you into a responsible hard working person
House keeping (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE25 March 2016
The Comfort Inn Charlottetown is a great place to work; the management and staff are really great and go above and beyond to make you feel comfortable and give a very thorough training process.
Pros
Two 15 minute paid breaks
Cons
Dry season
Wonderful workplace, enjoyable, comforting environment
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON28 March 2016
I loved working with the staff at the Comfort Inn. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. I would go into work and start my day with lovely greetings, I would start cleaning and if I ever needed any help I would just have to ask. My manager(s) were wonderful women and all my co-workers were very nice. The hardest part of the job was the repetitive work, however the most enjoyable part was everything else. Guests were always so nice, and I felt welcomed and appreciated.
Productive workplace
Maintanance (Former Employee) –  Point Edward, ON24 May 2016
I generally worked on my own which basically made me my own boss at times meaning I had to make many decisions based on my knowledge of what needed to be done at the time.
fun, hard-working hotel
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON14 March 2016
A typical day at work was always busy i cleaned rooms so it was hard work surprisingly, i learned to clean and learned how to interract with peopl more. Managment was great they were nice until my manager left and a new one came, my co-workers were really nice always tried to help when they could, the hardest part was to clean rooms that were extra messy but i always got through it, i enjoyed coming in everyday because i love to stay busy.

2.8