Comfort Inn Employee Review

my job as front desk supervisor
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Madison, WI29 January 2014
It is difficult to describe my job in a sentence or two, what an front office clerk does. My duties may varied by employer and by level of my experience. It even changed from day to day depending on my employer's needs. An office clerk may do any or all of a variety of tasks including filing, answering phones, entering data, scheduling appointments, typing correspondence, proofreading documents, running errands and handling mail, to name but a few. As a front office supervisor, I assume a lot of responsibilities which included working whenever one of the front desk clerks called off, training of all front desk staff, scheduling and making sure that we stay within the required monthly budget. Working in the hospitality industry can be both fun and stressful. You encounter different personalities. From the real nice individual to the really demanding ones. The key to really be successful in my job is to listen, understand and resolve the situation to the guest satisfaction without any confrontations. The best part of working in my industry is meeting new and fresh faces every day and being able to brush up on my languages.
Pros
Having off some weekends and free hotel stays
Cons
no health benefits and longer work hours

Other Comfort Inn Employee Reviews

Fun work place
House keeping (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB16 November 2017
Typical day at work involves cleaning room by room usually always started with the beds then the bathrooms
Sometime would clean the main entrance and the public bathrooms
I liked working here cause you get to be by yourself when working so 8 don't get distracted
Pros
Get a discount on staying the night at a comfort inn all around canada
A typical day at work.
Tactful Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Tara, ON10 November 2017
A typical day at work would be taking reservations, giving directions, Education customers about the area. Checkouts - communicating with Housekeeping staff Check-ins - cash debit and credit trans actions. Directing incoming calls and waiting on walk in guests.