Comfort Inn Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Awesome place to work
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, OntarioFebruary 3, 2016
My co-workers are so friendly and nice. I've asked questions and everything that I know I need to know, I write it down in my notebook, so I am able to remember, and I found that we are all helpful to each other.
Fast paced work environment
Housekeeper and front desk (Former Employee), Swift Current, SKJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: Being able to do something I enjoyed, great co-workers
Cons: Poor Management
I loved this job. I enjoyed everything about it on front desk even though the night audit shifts could very hard on a person and mess me up on my days. In a typical day I answered the phone and took lots of reservations, checked guests in and out of rooms, and also dealt with CP rail guys as the hotel had a contract with them. The management was very poor and didn't really care about their employees. My co-workers however were always fun, upbeat and always had smiles on their faces. They made the job better for me.
Fun workplace
Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 5, 2016
Pros: Short hours
Cons: Not perminant
On a typical day I would stock the breakfast room, get food ready and heated, help guests as I was needed, and clean up breakfast room after.
Hard but rewarding
Housekeeper/Cleaner (Former Employee), North Bay, ONDecember 3, 2015
Pros: Tips, friendly staff
Cons: understaffed, heavy work load
A well managed workplace that cared for both staff a customers/residents. There was alot of potential for growth in the company, but was a bit understaffed.
a bit misleading
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONDecember 2, 2015
Pros: wonderful group to work with, pleasant atmosphere, fairly supportive staff all 'round, convinient location
Cons: expected amount of hours not met
Although I enjoyed very much working at the comfort inn, I found the "part-time" heading to be a bit misleading. In my opinion, it should be classified as "seasonal". There is only work for the low-man on the pole if the hotel is busy. It was not uncommon for me to work only a day or two, if at all, for several weeks on end. This does not work well if you are the sole income provider for the home. Sadly, I had to move on to more steady work.
quiet, peaceful
Front desk, Night Audit (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSNovember 28, 2015
Pros: breaks
Cons: sometimes could be a little boring
It was a very relaxing job, not many customers in the evening or during my night Audit shift. I did not work very much with my co-workers. I sat at a desk, did the work required of me. I enjoyed the change. As a cook it's go go go. This was a nice change.
Great people
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Saint John, NBNovember 2, 2015
I enjoyed Comfort inn very much the work was challenging and my co-workers and supervisors were great.
I learned how to manage my time and take pride in a job well done.
I believe in working hard and always giving 100% to any task with a little bit of fun thrown in so you can enjot your job.
Wendy's
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBOctober 27, 2015
Pros: Good people
Cons: New management
I worked there for four years and was moving up into be a supervisor and then the manager passed away and new management took over which made things hard for the staff. I made life long friends at Wendy's though.
Poor culture
Hotel employee (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCSeptember 9, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: long hours
Owner /Operator and therefore very poor culture and expected to work more and get paid less. There is flexibility but sometimes have to work more to get days off.
room attendent
room attendent (Former Employee), KapuskasingAugust 18, 2015
working here was great good people and the people you meet are wonderful to talk too and also the management was great,i really enjoyed my work there and it was a good experience as long it lasted.
n/a
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONAugust 5, 2015
-Always greeted guests in a friendly and professional manner
- Engaged each guest as a unique individual and listened attentively to their requests
- Performed accurate check-ins and check-outs of guests daily
- Answered the telephone in a timely and professional manner
- Made reservations over the phone and in person
- Ran daily reports to check reservations for accuracy and identify any special requests
- Responsible for a cash float throughout your shift and ensuring it balances correctly at the end of shift
- Used data entry and quick thinking while attending each individual guest
- Managed and successfully ran night audits
A joy to meet people from all over the world
HOTEL RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 20, 2015
Pros: Meet lots of people
Cons: No real lunch break
My position is front desk. I check in and out guests, make reservations, give directions and help them with any other inquiries they have,
Enjoyed it
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Fort Erie, ONMay 13, 2015
Learned to work in a fast paced environment
Team Work skills
Customer service
Cleaning Supplies
Busy hotel environment; kept busy
overall it is a nice place to work
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBMarch 28, 2015
Pros: when we are there 5, 10, etc we get to pick a gift that we want that is the range of how long you been there
Cons: not enough hours
i go in get my cart ready to go to work make sure i have all the stuff i need to do my jog for the day. when it is time to go to work i make sure i can get into the rooms to clean. my boss is nice to work for i have no problems. the people i work for are very nice to work for. the hardest part of the job is getting down on my hands and knees and washing the bathroom floor. is when the boss buys us lunch for the hard work we do
Amazing Workplace
Coopertive Education Student (Former Employee), BrockvilleMarch 22, 2015
All i did was do a Co-Op placement their, but being there from September till December really showed me what a good workplace looked like and that was the Comfort Inn. If i had the oppertunity to actually work there i would.
Was a great place to work
Night Audit Manager (Former Employee), Sylvan Lake, ABMarch 18, 2015
Pros: As long as my job was completed accurately and on time, all was good.
Cons: Worked all night 11pm until 7am
I truly enjoyed working for Comfort Inns and Suites. Management treated me with respect.They gave me added responsibilities to make decisions and backed my decisions based on my many years experience in the Hotel business.
Don't waste your time
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Burlington, ONMarch 12, 2015
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: not enough hrs, under paid, more than just house keeping
A lot of great people to work with who made tolerable.
Very high turn over rate.
Under paid
Not enough hrs, lucky if 2 days a week
Owner of the hotel is awful!!!!!! I can't stress this enough. Mean, rude, unrealistic. Does not care for employees. Aĺl about how to cut costs and what ends up in his pocket.
Manager of the hotel is nice.
No benefits
Have to do outside work such as wash windows, sweep out parking lot, and pick up garbage.
I enjoyed working at the Comfort Hotel. People I worked with were great.
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), Victoria, BCFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: the chance to learn any department you wanted to.
Cons: not being respected as a supervisor. supervisors are considered throw aways. not needed.
A typical day at work was full and enjoyable. I learned more and more every day I went to work as far as managing the housekeeping department. Management was good and fair, I thought. All of my co-workers were exceptional to work with, it was a great housekeeping team. We were all very hard workers. The hardest part of my job was getting laid off with no warning. The most enjoyable part of my job was going to work everyday thinking it would be the last place I would work.
Productive and fun work place
Front desk associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2014
Very good company. My co-workers and management are very helpful. I have improved my leadership skills
Very friendly staff and management
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Cornwall, OnOctober 28, 2014
Pros: free swimming
Cons: not knowing when you work next
I enjoy working at the Comfort Inn but unfortunately it is a seasonal position. My co-workers are very friendly and willing to lend a hand when needed. Management is understanding and willing to accept any opinions or ways to help the hotel be a better place for our guests to stay. The most enjoyable part of the job is that when you arrive you are always greeted by the front desk staff and co-workers are all ready to get the work done that needs to be completed. Overall I enjoy working at the Comfort Inn. The hardest part of the job at Comfort Inn is not knowing when you will work next.