Comfort Inn Employee Reviews

Bad management
Front Desk/Housekeeper/ Breakfast Rep/ Laundry (Former Employee) –  london, on15 March 2017
Not a great place to work.. Management takes advantage of your generosity and hard work, and will use you if you allow them to. They employees there are there because union protects them they slack and disrespect management and treat new employees terrible.
Pros
Cons
empty promises, bad management, terrible employees, unorganized
Comfort Inn highschool placement
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON2 March 2017
I loved working at the comfort Inn. Everyone that works there is friendly, making it a fantastic place to work. I would recommend job to anyone who is willing to work for minimum wage.
Great Staff
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON27 February 2017
This company was amazing to work for, always loved going to work to see the girls I worked with, love seeing the guest amazing smiles, everyone was always so happy and cheerful
Pros
lunch break
Cons
messy rooms
productive workplace with gym
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 February 2017
A typical day at work is sometimes challenging because people is little bit more hard to deal with than others.learn that patience and listening for acting is key. Management at comfort inn by the airport is in my opinion ; poor. Housing i can handle not having the right tools for the job that i can not. To walk away at the end of the day known i had a good days of work and people are laying on clean sheets.
Pros
smiling faces
Cons
littering on purpose
Productive and a fun workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB27 January 2017
At the Comfort Inn they greet you with kindness throughout the hotel, they make sure all your needs are met. The hotel is very clean and tiny, they make sure it's up to standards and if not the boss will make sure you know of penalty. Free breakfasts in the mornings from 8 until 11am. The housekeepers come in to your room everyday ( if asked ) to clean. The hotel is wheelchair accessible throughout the hotel. One last thing to include is if you are a worker there you get health benefits and get so much off a room at ANY hotel in the Comfort Inn chain.
Laid back, practical
Auditor/ GSR (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON25 January 2017
Management is nice, supervisory staff is excellent. Regular working hours, easy to get days off for things you need to do. You work alone at the front desk so the drama is to a minimum. The people who come in there sometimes are ridicouls and totally entertaining.
Fun place
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC19 January 2017
Enjoyable, you constantly meet new people from everywhere around the world. Salary is good as well, staff are fun and friendly
Fun Staff, Horrible Ownership
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON13 January 2017
During my time at the Comfort Inn Welland, I was really impressed by the staff and their willingness to assist our guests on a daily basis. Owners DID NOT share this approach. Money for necessary daily functionality of the hotel and operational requests had to be vetted and approved by the owners. As an assistant manager, I was constantly receiving phone calls from third party contractors, that were owed money from our hotel owners. Therefore, I made the decision to separate myself from this establishment to look for more gainful employment elsewhere.
Productive and fun/safe workplace
Front Desk Agent/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Sturgeon Falls, ON10 January 2017
Working at the Comfort Inn was an amazing experience, everyone was so nice we all helped each other it was like a little family.

A typical day at work was what you would expect you would come in work hard, make sure the customers were happy and comfortable, co-workers would chit chat if grouped together but still get the job done perfectly.
I'm not to sure what the hardest part of the job was I enjoyed at all but the most enjoyable part for me was when a costumer wold tell us they enjoyed their stay it always made me happy to hear that.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
not fully knowing if you would be working or not
Fun Work place
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON10 January 2017
I did learned management skills, working night shift isn't that easy. as every work place people do not not have same education, cultures or even believing. Few of my co-workers i can not get along with because they brought their families issue at the work place and treat you like garbage bag. What did i enjoyed the most is when i am done my paper work and everything balance
Pros
free brakefast
Cons
garbage cleaning
good place
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK6 January 2017
good place to work at, friendly staff, fun, gained experience, was a part time job, clean, good hotel, pleasant, knowledgeable, courteous to customers, always had stuff to do
Productive excellent management
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Saint John NB Fairville Bvld5 January 2017
Great staff great customer relations flexible more like family great business opportunity staff people friendly great job
Pros
Great placework great manager
Cons
Only seasonal
Good hotel branch with ability to move up in job.
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON16 December 2016
I will come into work, balance the books for the day to ensure all daily revenues have been collected and accounted for. I learned how the hotel business works as a whole, both on the customer service and marketing side of things. Management was a great help and offered much insight into the daily operations. The hardest part of the job was correcting others mistakes in order to balance the books and the most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with numerous patrons from all different walks of life.
Comfort Inn
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON18 November 2016
Typical front desk position. Low pay rate to do more than your own job or clean up after someone else. Co-workers are great except for a few.
looking for full time emplyment in a friendly hard working work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON14 November 2016
hard working patient loyal friendly respecful and willing to work hard always takevpride in my work in my opinion there was no one working hardcore taking pride of there job they were issues with people making up dirty beds just cutting corners and me I would rather work in a place that takes pride in their job
fun to work at, keeps you moving, enjoyable
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Virden, MB4 November 2016
a typical day at work at the ComfortInn & suites would be saying your good mornings to the other employees, getting your cart ready and re- stocked with towels, filling up cleaning bottles if needed, heading up to your floor that you are working on, and getting your main cleaning cart out, and pushed to the first room that you have to clean.
At this job I learned how to clean rooms, how beds are properly made, how to deal with customers that try to get discounts out of you and have issues with their room or anything.
My co-workers were very nice, made sure that everyone felt like family and was always treated equally.
hardest part of the job was making sure EVERYONE got their rooms done before 4pm when check- in was.
Pros
boss would buy pizzas or chicken for lunch sometimes to say thankyou for our hard work
housekeeping
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 October 2016
My day as a housekeeper I go in strip the beds take out all towels and bring in clean sheets and clean towels if shower curtain needs to be changed I will change it . I dust and clean out fridge then make the bed or beds if two of them in room then vacuum then clean bathroom spray the room with air fresher then go on to the next room . I clean 15 to 18 rooms or less
Pros
get to meet new friends and enjoy thier company
Cons
getting called off to many times
Challenging
FOS (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK15 September 2016
Very challenging company to work for. The typical day is constantly evolving. I did however learn many transferable skills. Management worked very hard to improve the workplace environment however the staff wouldn't get on board which made most days a challenge.
Laundry Worker (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON31 August 2016
I worked at the Comfort Inn for almost nine years and only left because of management change. It is a fast paced environment and I enjoy that and I worked with some of the best co-workers you could ask for.
A nice place to work.
Housekeeper/Breakfast Server (Former Employee) –  Campbellton, NB4 August 2016
The hours were good and so was the pay. You were obviously needed and wanted there and it was nice to interact with the guests as you went about your day. You felt accomplished by the end of your shift and while it was hard work, it was rewarding as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comfort Inn. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8