Comfort Inn Employee Reviews in Canada

It was a nice work atmosphere, and we all got along which made the day go along so much quicker.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJuly 15, 2016
We all arrived at work early in the morning at around 8:00am. We all had to make sure our carts were stocked and that everything was counted before we started. I learned that you can't trust your follow co-workers not to steal your tips.
The hardest part of the job was lifting up the mattresses to change the sheets. I thought the most enjoyable part of the job was when we all got together for lunches together.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
provided hot breakfast and learned how to be a front desk receptionist
Breakfast Host (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BCJune 11, 2016
It was a unforgettable part time work experience and practicum in Comfort Inn. I had learnt a lot from the work and coworkers, such as how to greet the guests, how to use computer systems to check in and out for guests. The coworkers were very nice to me, even though I did not know how to work better, they still teached me with patient.
Wonderful workplace, enjoyable, comforting environment
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ONMarch 28, 2016
I loved working with the staff at the Comfort Inn. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. I would go into work and start my day with lovely greetings, I would start cleaning and if I ever needed any help I would just have to ask. My manager(s) were wonderful women and all my co-workers were very nice. The hardest part of the job was the repetitive work, however the most enjoyable part was everything else. Guests were always so nice, and I felt welcomed and appreciated.
Productive work enviroment
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ONMay 31, 2016
This has been a learning experience as I am fairly new to the industry. I was raised in the hospitality industry from a child so I know and understand the in's and out's of the business. I am looking to be able to expand and grow with the company and gradually move up among my fellow colleges.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Short Staffed
fun, hard-working hotel
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONMarch 14, 2016
A typical day at work was always busy i cleaned rooms so it was hard work surprisingly, i learned to clean and learned how to interract with peopl more. Managment was great they were nice until my manager left and a new one came, my co-workers were really nice always tried to help when they could, the hardest part was to clean rooms that were extra messy but i always got through it, i enjoyed coming in everyday because i love to stay busy.
i find comfort inn a fun and learning place to work as i have done alot of years of factory work and cleaning is different experience
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Cobourg, ONFebruary 22, 2016
I find comfort inn a very comfortable and fun place to work for and all my co-workers are great workers and willing to learn new things if needed I have went from just housekeeping to headhouse and enjoy the responsibilities that go with the job
Fast paced work environment
Housekeeper and front desk (Former Employee) –  Swift Current, SKJanuary 20, 2016
I loved this job. I enjoyed everything about it on front desk even though the night audit shifts could very hard on a person and mess me up on my days. In a typical day I answered the phone and took lots of reservations, checked guests in and out of rooms, and also dealt with CP rail guys as the hotel had a contract with them. The management was very poor and didn't really care about their employees. My co-workers however were always fun, upbeat and always had smiles on their faces. They made the job better for me.
Pros
Being able to do something I enjoyed, great co-workers
Cons
Poor Management
Shapes you into a responsible hard working person
House keeping (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PEMarch 25, 2016
The Comfort Inn Charlottetown is a great place to work; the management and staff are really great and go above and beyond to make you feel comfortable and give a very thorough training process.
Pros
Two 15 minute paid breaks
Cons
Dry season
Great Location
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABMay 21, 2016
Spent one night here. Room had 2queen beds. Very comfortable and clean. Quiet. Good breakfast in the morning. Front desk staff very friendly. The location was great, many restaurants in the area along with good highway access.
not welcoming
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSMarch 26, 2016
When i got my job there, there wasn't to many nice people there, i did make some friends, but i got bullied sometimes, no one was treated the same. Nothing was fair, and good workers lost their job because they stood up for themselves
Pros
made a friend
Cons
not nice
Guest Services/maintenance/housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 6, 2016
Good place to work. Hotel is undergoing new management.
Staff are very nice. The thing i learned the most was that not every day was one in the same. Each day was different with its own challenges.
a bit misleading
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONDecember 2, 2015
Although I enjoyed very much working at the comfort inn, I found the "part-time" heading to be a bit misleading. In my opinion, it should be classified as "seasonal". There is only work for the low-man on the pole if the hotel is busy. It was not uncommon for me to work only a day or two, if at all, for several weeks on end. This does not work well if you are the sole income provider for the home. Sadly, I had to move on to more steady work.
Pros
wonderful group to work with, pleasant atmosphere, fairly supportive staff all 'round, convinient location
Cons
expected amount of hours not met
Productive workplace
Maintanance (Former Employee) –  Point Edward, ONMay 24, 2016
I generally worked on my own which basically made me my own boss at times meaning I had to make many decisions based on my knowledge of what needed to be done at the time.
fast pace
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ONApril 8, 2016
some of the managment where not very friendly. the pace was fast and it was a pleasure to strive to keep up.the younger kids where eager to learn and listen to older workers.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
less pay
Awesome place to work
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, OntarioFebruary 3, 2016
My co-workers are so friendly and nice. I've asked questions and everything that I know I need to know, I write it down in my notebook, so I am able to remember, and I found that we are all helpful to each other.
Great hotel
Audit Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 25, 2016
Run Audit around 2 am

Print appropriate reports for GM the next day

Make sure everything balance

Great co workers and guests
quiet, peaceful
Front desk, Night Audit (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSNovember 28, 2015
It was a very relaxing job, not many customers in the evening or during my night Audit shift. I did not work very much with my co-workers. I sat at a desk, did the work required of me. I enjoyed the change. As a cook it's go go go. This was a nice change.
Pros
breaks
Cons
sometimes could be a little boring
Night life much different than day life
FD Night Auditor Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 23, 2015
As a night auditor, there is not much you can miss out on a night. However, your day is perhaps, wasted. I have enjoyed little time at Comfort Inn with its guests.

At Comfort Inn, a night auditor is the management and security who runs the hotel entirely. That is of course aside from running the daily night audit. For such little wage as little as $12.00/hour couldn't pay off the hard work I provided. So, I decided to quit.
Pros
Understanding the workflow of the business entierly.
Cons
Little wages
Relaxed atmonsphere
Internal Auditor (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONNovember 19, 2015
3 star. A friendly relaxed environment, Good renovation and improvement of the hotel facilities I will recommend it to any body looking for a stay at a hotel
Pros
Meeting people from all areas of life
Cons
setting up and preparing breakfast in the morning
i love hospitality ,its fun as enjoyable.
Receptionist/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 6, 2016
love Mondays, mostly because the day flies by in a flash.
My last job was an excellent learning opportunity and I developed my skills and experience in numerous different ways.
I've had a number of good managers. Perhaps the best was one who paid particular care to let me know exactly what was needed of me and then made sure I had everything I needed to do the job. With a clean run I got a lot done and we both were very successful.\
The hardest part of my job is waking up in the morning. I know it sounds stupid, but I have awful sleep habits, and re-training my body to fall asleep at a reasonable time has proven to be far more difficult than I want it to be. Other than that, I like everything about my current job.My favorite parts of my last job included the ability to work independently (trust from employers) & the people I worked with. It’s great to work with people that care about their company and doing a good job. It’s hard to find that environment today because so many people just don’t care about honesty, hard work & integrity.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
overtime

2.8