Comfort Inn Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Wonderful workplace, enjoyable, comforting environment
House Keeper (Former Employee), North Bay, ONMarch 28, 2016
I loved working with the staff at the Comfort Inn. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. I would go into work and start my day with lovely greetings, I would start cleaning and if I ever needed any help I would just have to ask. My manager(s) were wonderful women and all my co-workers were very nice. The hardest part of the job was the repetitive work, however the most enjoyable part was everything else. Guests were always so nice, and I felt welcomed and appreciated.
fun, hard-working hotel
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONMarch 14, 2016
A typical day at work was always busy i cleaned rooms so it was hard work surprisingly, i learned to clean and learned how to interract with peopl more. Managment was great they were nice until my manager left and a new one came, my co-workers were really nice always tried to help when they could, the hardest part was to clean rooms that were extra messy but i always got through it, i enjoyed coming in everyday because i love to stay busy.
Fast paced work environment
Housekeeper and front desk (Former Employee), Swift Current, SKJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: Being able to do something I enjoyed, great co-workers
Cons: Poor Management
I loved this job. I enjoyed everything about it on front desk even though the night audit shifts could very hard on a person and mess me up on my days. In a typical day I answered the phone and took lots of reservations, checked guests in and out of rooms, and also dealt with CP rail guys as the hotel had a contract with them. The management was very poor and didn't really care about their employees. My co-workers however were always fun, upbeat and always had smiles on their faces. They made the job better for me.
i find comfort inn a fun and learning place to work as i have done alot of years of factory work and cleaning is different experience
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Cobourg, ONFebruary 22, 2016
I find comfort inn a very comfortable and fun place to work for and all my co-workers are great workers and willing to learn new things if needed I have went from just housekeeping to headhouse and enjoy the responsibilities that go with the job
a bit misleading
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONDecember 2, 2015
Pros: wonderful group to work with, pleasant atmosphere, fairly supportive staff all 'round, convinient location
Cons: expected amount of hours not met
Although I enjoyed very much working at the comfort inn, I found the "part-time" heading to be a bit misleading. In my opinion, it should be classified as "seasonal". There is only work for the low-man on the pole if the hotel is busy. It was not uncommon for me to work only a day or two, if at all, for several weeks on end. This does not work well if you are the sole income provider for the home. Sadly, I had to move on to more steady work.
Shapes you into a responsible hard working person
House keeping (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PEMarch 25, 2016
Pros: Two 15 minute paid breaks
Cons: Dry season
The Comfort Inn Charlottetown is a great place to work; the management and staff are really great and go above and beyond to make you feel comfortable and give a very thorough training process.
not welcoming
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSMarch 26, 2016
Pros: made a friend
Cons: not nice
When i got my job there, there wasn't to many nice people there, i did make some friends, but i got bullied sometimes, no one was treated the same. Nothing was fair, and good workers lost their job because they stood up for themselves
Guest Services/maintenance/housekeeping (Current Employee), Barrie, ONApril 6, 2016
Good place to work. Hotel is undergoing new management.
Staff are very nice. The thing i learned the most was that not every day was one in the same. Each day was different with its own challenges.
quiet, peaceful
Front desk, Night Audit (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSNovember 28, 2015
Pros: breaks
Cons: sometimes could be a little boring
It was a very relaxing job, not many customers in the evening or during my night Audit shift. I did not work very much with my co-workers. I sat at a desk, did the work required of me. I enjoyed the change. As a cook it's go go go. This was a nice change.
Night life much different than day life
FD Night Auditor Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 23, 2015
Pros: Understanding the workflow of the business entierly.
Cons: Little wages
As a night auditor, there is not much you can miss out on a night. However, your day is perhaps, wasted. I have enjoyed little time at Comfort Inn with its guests.

At Comfort Inn, a night auditor is the management and security who runs the hotel entirely. That is of course aside from running the daily night audit. For such little wage as little as $12.00/hour couldn't pay off the hard work I provided. So, I decided to quit.
Awesome place to work
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, OntarioFebruary 3, 2016
My co-workers are so friendly and nice. I've asked questions and everything that I know I need to know, I write it down in my notebook, so I am able to remember, and I found that we are all helpful to each other.
fast pace
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Trenton, ONApril 8, 2016
Pros: free lunch
Cons: less pay
some of the managment where not very friendly. the pace was fast and it was a pleasure to strive to keep up.the younger kids where eager to learn and listen to older workers.
Relaxed atmonsphere
Internal Auditor (Current Employee), Guelph, ONNovember 19, 2015
Pros: Meeting people from all areas of life
Cons: setting up and preparing breakfast in the morning
3 star. A friendly relaxed environment, Good renovation and improvement of the hotel facilities I will recommend it to any body looking for a stay at a hotel
Great people
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Saint John, NBNovember 2, 2015
I enjoyed Comfort inn very much the work was challenging and my co-workers and supervisors were great.
I learned how to manage my time and take pride in a job well done.
I believe in working hard and always giving 100% to any task with a little bit of fun thrown in so you can enjot your job.
Hard but rewarding
Housekeeper/Cleaner (Former Employee), North Bay, ONDecember 3, 2015
Pros: Tips, friendly staff
Cons: understaffed, heavy work load
A well managed workplace that cared for both staff a customers/residents. There was alot of potential for growth in the company, but was a bit understaffed.
i love hospitality ,its fun as enjoyable.
Receptionist/Housekeeping (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 6, 2016
Pros: free lunches
Cons: overtime
love Mondays, mostly because the day flies by in a flash.
My last job was an excellent learning opportunity and I developed my skills and experience in numerous different ways.
I've had a number of good managers. Perhaps the best was one who paid particular care to let me know exactly what was needed of me and then made sure I had everything I needed to do the job. With a clean run I got a lot done and we both were very successful.\
The hardest part of my job is waking up in the morning. I know it sounds stupid, but I have awful sleep habits, and re-training my body to fall asleep at a reasonable time has proven to be far more difficult than I want it to be. Other than that, I like everything about my current job.My favorite parts of my last job included the ability to work independently (trust from employers) & the people I worked with. It’s great to work with people that care about their company and doing a good job. It’s hard to find that environment today because so many people just don’t care about honesty, hard work & integrity.
Fun workplace
Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 5, 2016
Pros: Short hours
Cons: Not perminant
On a typical day I would stock the breakfast room, get food ready and heated, help guests as I was needed, and clean up breakfast room after.
n/a
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONAugust 5, 2015
-Always greeted guests in a friendly and professional manner
- Engaged each guest as a unique individual and listened attentively to their requests
- Performed accurate check-ins and check-outs of guests daily
- Answered the telephone in a timely and professional manner
- Made reservations over the phone and in person
- Ran daily reports to check reservations for accuracy and identify any special requests
- Responsible for a cash float throughout your shift and ensuring it balances correctly at the end of shift
- Used data entry and quick thinking while attending each individual guest
- Managed and successfully ran night audits
Wendy's
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBOctober 27, 2015
Pros: Good people
Cons: New management
I worked there for four years and was moving up into be a supervisor and then the manager passed away and new management took over which made things hard for the staff. I made life long friends at Wendy's though.
Fun working in the hotel industry
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Sudbury, ONDecember 20, 2015
I did loved my job and my work place. If i wasnt moving out of Sudbury i would stayed longer. Nice people i work with or work in the hotel.