Comfort Inn Employee Reviews

meh
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 May 2017
the people you work with on a daily basis were good but i disliked the management, they liked to play favorites. They head house keeper changed twice in the 6 months that i was with the company they have a high turn over rate
Good
House Keeping Agent (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON16 May 2017
Working at Comfort Inn was the first job I ever had and it helped me get into the job force. A typical day would consist of performing maintenance duties in the hotel.
Pros
good environment
Cons
low pay
Poor managment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Guelph/Eramosa, ON14 May 2017
While employed at Comfort Inn , the last 6 months of employment there was no general manager. The assistant manager did not want to complete the extra assignments considering she was denied the role of GM .
Pros
hours
Cons
management
Work place increases your skills of working in a team also accuracy
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC8 May 2017
Acquire your sheet with the rooms assigned for change/ maintenance
Front desk personnel helps you record those to be worked upon first.
Stock your cart with the different material to be used, bedsheets,towels,tissue paper,etc depending on how much you need keeping in mind other housekeepers and what they will use.
Work on each room perfectly have a 30 mins break and get back to finishing the rooms before guests arrive.
Sign in and out for the different special keys used that day.
Pros
Helpful teammates
Cons
Short hours
cleaned hotel rooms
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 May 2017
i wish i never quit it wasnt the right time for me to start working but now i regret it. im thinking of applying there again the employees had great attitudes and it was an overall great workplace
Vast amount of experiance
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC26 April 2017
Late night hours, but went fast, Cover every function of hotel alone, from guest check ins,outs, Laundry, Breakfast setup, Parking lot, building patrols. always something to do.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
always working nights
It is an ok place to work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON24 April 2017
It is an ok place to work. I've learned that the way your co-workers does their job should not affect your work ethics. As long as you do your job the right way, that what matters.
Job Started as an intern position
Front Desk & Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 April 2017
I worked there for 9 months and left after an injury to my leg. The Housekeeping staff were great people and I enjoyed working with them. I learned alot about the hospitality industry.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
No advancement
cool
Housekeeper/laundry attendant (Current Employee) –  Kenora, ON27 March 2017
awesome! place to work!...good place to work great place to work ....yes we all could there...you can work there too...i say yes if theres a opening apply
Bad management
Front Desk/Housekeeper/ Breakfast Rep/ Laundry (Former Employee) –  london, on15 March 2017
Not a great place to work.. Management takes advantage of your generosity and hard work, and will use you if you allow them to. They employees there are there because union protects them they slack and disrespect management and treat new employees terrible.
Pros
Cons
empty promises, bad management, terrible employees, unorganized
Comfort Inn highschool placement
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON2 March 2017
I loved working at the comfort Inn. Everyone that works there is friendly, making it a fantastic place to work. I would recommend job to anyone who is willing to work for minimum wage.
Great Staff
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON27 February 2017
This company was amazing to work for, always loved going to work to see the girls I worked with, love seeing the guest amazing smiles, everyone was always so happy and cheerful
Pros
lunch break
Cons
messy rooms
productive workplace with gym
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 February 2017
A typical day at work is sometimes challenging because people is little bit more hard to deal with than others.learn that patience and listening for acting is key. Management at comfort inn by the airport is in my opinion ; poor. Housing i can handle not having the right tools for the job that i can not. To walk away at the end of the day known i had a good days of work and people are laying on clean sheets.
Pros
smiling faces
Cons
littering on purpose
Productive and a fun workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB27 January 2017
At the Comfort Inn they greet you with kindness throughout the hotel, they make sure all your needs are met. The hotel is very clean and tiny, they make sure it's up to standards and if not the boss will make sure you know of penalty. Free breakfasts in the mornings from 8 until 11am. The housekeepers come in to your room everyday ( if asked ) to clean. The hotel is wheelchair accessible throughout the hotel. One last thing to include is if you are a worker there you get health benefits and get so much off a room at ANY hotel in the Comfort Inn chain.
Laid back, practical
Auditor/ GSR (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON25 January 2017
Management is nice, supervisory staff is excellent. Regular working hours, easy to get days off for things you need to do. You work alone at the front desk so the drama is to a minimum. The people who come in there sometimes are ridicouls and totally entertaining.
environnement de travail agréable
Receptionniste (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 January 2017
Beaucoup de contact avec les gens
Aspect facile du poste : apprentissage et execution des taches
Aucun aspect difficile
Bonne equipe de travail
Fun place
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC19 January 2017
Enjoyable, you constantly meet new people from everywhere around the world. Salary is good as well, staff are fun and friendly
Fun Staff, Horrible Ownership
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON13 January 2017
During my time at the Comfort Inn Welland, I was really impressed by the staff and their willingness to assist our guests on a daily basis. Owners DID NOT share this approach. Money for necessary daily functionality of the hotel and operational requests had to be vetted and approved by the owners. As an assistant manager, I was constantly receiving phone calls from third party contractors, that were owed money from our hotel owners. Therefore, I made the decision to separate myself from this establishment to look for more gainful employment elsewhere.
Productive and fun/safe workplace
Front Desk Agent/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Sturgeon Falls, ON10 January 2017
Working at the Comfort Inn was an amazing experience, everyone was so nice we all helped each other it was like a little family.

A typical day at work was what you would expect you would come in work hard, make sure the customers were happy and comfortable, co-workers would chit chat if grouped together but still get the job done perfectly.
I'm not to sure what the hardest part of the job was I enjoyed at all but the most enjoyable part for me was when a costumer wold tell us they enjoyed their stay it always made me happy to hear that.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
not fully knowing if you would be working or not
Fun Work place
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON10 January 2017
I did learned management skills, working night shift isn't that easy. as every work place people do not not have same education, cultures or even believing. Few of my co-workers i can not get along with because they brought their families issue at the work place and treat you like garbage bag. What did i enjoyed the most is when i am done my paper work and everything balance
Pros
free brakefast
Cons
garbage cleaning

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comfort Inn. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8