Comfort Inn Employee Reviews for Housekeeper

Not enough hours
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON24 July 2017
Ok place to work friendly girls not enough hours. wasn't impressed i called in sick one time and got called out in front of everyone about it which was very embarrassing
Review
House keeper (Former Employee) –  Yarmouth, NS8 July 2017
Very long shifts. The down fall was everytime there was not enough work expecially in the winter, I would get called not to go into work. The co-workers were friendly.
fun place
Housekeeper ( seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Gananoque, ON23 June 2017
the women were nice the management was in order lots of things got done if we needed something we got it. really enjoyed working for comfort inn.
i like the feeling when the people who stay in the rooms u clean really appreciate all the hard work housekeepers do.
Pros
friendly place
Cons
cleaning toilets
Good job, hard work
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Yarmouth, NS11 June 2017
Being a housemaid is not an easy job and should not be underestimated. The management is great as well as the rest of the employees that work there. It is a great place to work.
Friendly environment.. An hour long lunch break was nice
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK5 June 2017
Well comfort inn was a nice place to work . had friendly co-workers. I learnt how to clean the rooms to the comfort inns satisfactory. The management were awesome. They'd correct u rather than yelling at u,an made u feel respected for the work u done.
Pros
Half hour lunch break
Cons
Having to get extra rooms because someone didnt show for work
meh
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 May 2017
the people you work with on a daily basis were good but i disliked the management, they liked to play favorites. They head house keeper changed twice in the 6 months that i was with the company they have a high turn over rate
Good
House Keeping Agent (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON16 May 2017
Working at Comfort Inn was the first job I ever had and it helped me get into the job force. A typical day would consist of performing maintenance duties in the hotel.
Pros
good environment
Cons
low pay
Poor managment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Guelph/Eramosa, ON14 May 2017
While employed at Comfort Inn , the last 6 months of employment there was no general manager. The assistant manager did not want to complete the extra assignments considering she was denied the role of GM .
Pros
hours
Cons
management
Work place increases your skills of working in a team also accuracy
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC8 May 2017
Acquire your sheet with the rooms assigned for change/ maintenance
Front desk personnel helps you record those to be worked upon first.
Stock your cart with the different material to be used, bedsheets,towels,tissue paper,etc depending on how much you need keeping in mind other housekeepers and what they will use.
Work on each room perfectly have a 30 mins break and get back to finishing the rooms before guests arrive.
Sign in and out for the different special keys used that day.
Pros
Helpful teammates
Cons
Short hours
It is an ok place to work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON24 April 2017
It is an ok place to work. I've learned that the way your co-workers does their job should not affect your work ethics. As long as you do your job the right way, that what matters.
Great Staff
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON27 February 2017
This company was amazing to work for, always loved going to work to see the girls I worked with, love seeing the guest amazing smiles, everyone was always so happy and cheerful
Pros
lunch break
Cons
messy rooms
productive workplace with gym
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 February 2017
A typical day at work is sometimes challenging because people is little bit more hard to deal with than others.learn that patience and listening for acting is key. Management at comfort inn by the airport is in my opinion ; poor. Housing i can handle not having the right tools for the job that i can not. To walk away at the end of the day known i had a good days of work and people are laying on clean sheets.
Pros
smiling faces
Cons
littering on purpose
Productive and a fun workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB27 January 2017
At the Comfort Inn they greet you with kindness throughout the hotel, they make sure all your needs are met. The hotel is very clean and tiny, they make sure it's up to standards and if not the boss will make sure you know of penalty. Free breakfasts in the mornings from 8 until 11am. The housekeepers come in to your room everyday ( if asked ) to clean. The hotel is wheelchair accessible throughout the hotel. One last thing to include is if you are a worker there you get health benefits and get so much off a room at ANY hotel in the Comfort Inn chain.
Productive excellent management
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Saint John NB Fairville Bvld5 January 2017
Great staff great customer relations flexible more like family great business opportunity staff people friendly great job
Pros
Great placework great manager
Cons
Only seasonal
looking for full time emplyment in a friendly hard working work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON14 November 2016
hard working patient loyal friendly respecful and willing to work hard always takevpride in my work in my opinion there was no one working hardcore taking pride of there job they were issues with people making up dirty beds just cutting corners and me I would rather work in a place that takes pride in their job
fun to work at, keeps you moving, enjoyable
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Virden, MB4 November 2016
a typical day at work at the ComfortInn & suites would be saying your good mornings to the other employees, getting your cart ready and re- stocked with towels, filling up cleaning bottles if needed, heading up to your floor that you are working on, and getting your main cleaning cart out, and pushed to the first room that you have to clean.
At this job I learned how to clean rooms, how beds are properly made, how to deal with customers that try to get discounts out of you and have issues with their room or anything.
My co-workers were very nice, made sure that everyone felt like family and was always treated equally.
hardest part of the job was making sure EVERYONE got their rooms done before 4pm when check- in was.
Pros
boss would buy pizzas or chicken for lunch sometimes to say thankyou for our hard work
A nice place to work.
Housekeeper/Breakfast Server (Former Employee) –  Campbellton, NB4 August 2016
The hours were good and so was the pay. You were obviously needed and wanted there and it was nice to interact with the guests as you went about your day. You felt accomplished by the end of your shift and while it was hard work, it was rewarding as well.
It was a nice work atmosphere, and we all got along which made the day go along so much quicker.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON15 July 2016
We all arrived at work early in the morning at around 8:00am. We all had to make sure our carts were stocked and that everything was counted before we started. I learned that you can't trust your follow co-workers not to steal your tips.
The hardest part of the job was lifting up the mattresses to change the sheets. I thought the most enjoyable part of the job was when we all got together for lunches together.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
Wonderful workplace, enjoyable, comforting environment
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON28 March 2016
I loved working with the staff at the Comfort Inn. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. I would go into work and start my day with lovely greetings, I would start cleaning and if I ever needed any help I would just have to ask. My manager(s) were wonderful women and all my co-workers were very nice. The hardest part of the job was the repetitive work, however the most enjoyable part was everything else. Guests were always so nice, and I felt welcomed and appreciated.
not welcoming
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS26 March 2016
When i got my job there, there wasn't to many nice people there, i did make some friends, but i got bullied sometimes, no one was treated the same. Nothing was fair, and good workers lost their job because they stood up for themselves
Pros
made a friend
Cons
not nice