Comfort Inn Employee Reviews for Housekeeper

A aftermath of a hurricane..
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Terrace, BC29 November 2017
If it were to be professional and calm, I would have loved it being my first job experience,but it was not, I've gotten sick multiple times and I thank them for sick pay, but it would have been great to be out and up on my feet,, the people I worked with were great but the people I worked for was so unexplainably immature, it was honestly disgusting to watch..... And I have been working long hours just to find out they were for free basically.. Thanks comfort inn for the experience, I now know when to walk away from things like this
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Long hours, short staffed
Good job terrible management
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB23 November 2017
I've worked at many hotels in my life. I can honestly say with confidence this was by far the worst experience I have had at any job with a terrible boss. You will get hired for a FULL time position and then only be given 1-2 shifts a week yet the manager will continue to hire new staff. Hours are cut without notice and pay is the absolute least amount you can be given. We weren't even paid overtime for a while... hotel jobs are great, only with the right management.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Management, no benefits, low pay
Fun work place
House keeping (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB16 November 2017
Typical day at work involves cleaning room by room usually always started with the beds then the bathrooms
Sometime would clean the main entrance and the public bathrooms
I liked working here cause you get to be by yourself when working so 8 don't get distracted
Pros
Get a discount on staying the night at a comfort inn all around canada
good
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON3 November 2017
It was overall a good experience. People were really helping and nice. I have learned a number of things like how to work properly and keep up with people.
Pros
free lunches every monday
Cons
less hours
Very flexible
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC2 October 2017
Everyone was very helpful and I found myself doing more than just housekeeping, such as learning more about the business side of the hotel. The whole experience was enjoyable.
Not enough hours
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON24 July 2017
Ok place to work friendly girls not enough hours. wasn't impressed i called in sick one time and got called out in front of everyone about it which was very embarrassing
Review
House keeper (Former Employee) –  Yarmouth, NS8 July 2017
Very long shifts. The down fall was everytime there was not enough work expecially in the winter, I would get called not to go into work. The co-workers were friendly.
fun place
Housekeeper ( seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Gananoque, ON23 June 2017
the women were nice the management was in order lots of things got done if we needed something we got it. really enjoyed working for comfort inn.
i like the feeling when the people who stay in the rooms u clean really appreciate all the hard work housekeepers do.
Pros
friendly place
Cons
cleaning toilets
Good job, hard work
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Yarmouth, NS11 June 2017
Being a housemaid is not an easy job and should not be underestimated. The management is great as well as the rest of the employees that work there. It is a great place to work.
Friendly environment.. An hour long lunch break was nice
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK5 June 2017
Well comfort inn was a nice place to work . had friendly co-workers. I learnt how to clean the rooms to the comfort inns satisfactory. The management were awesome. They'd correct u rather than yelling at u,an made u feel respected for the work u done.
Pros
Half hour lunch break
Cons
Having to get extra rooms because someone didnt show for work
meh
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 May 2017
the people you work with on a daily basis were good but i disliked the management, they liked to play favorites. They head house keeper changed twice in the 6 months that i was with the company they have a high turn over rate
Good
House Keeping Agent (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON16 May 2017
Working at Comfort Inn was the first job I ever had and it helped me get into the job force. A typical day would consist of performing maintenance duties in the hotel.
Pros
good environment
Cons
low pay
Poor managment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Guelph/Eramosa, ON14 May 2017
While employed at Comfort Inn , the last 6 months of employment there was no general manager. The assistant manager did not want to complete the extra assignments considering she was denied the role of GM .
Pros
hours
Cons
management
Work place increases your skills of working in a team also accuracy
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC8 May 2017
Acquire your sheet with the rooms assigned for change/ maintenance
Front desk personnel helps you record those to be worked upon first.
Stock your cart with the different material to be used, bedsheets,towels,tissue paper,etc depending on how much you need keeping in mind other housekeepers and what they will use.
Work on each room perfectly have a 30 mins break and get back to finishing the rooms before guests arrive.
Sign in and out for the different special keys used that day.
Pros
Helpful teammates
Cons
Short hours
It is an ok place to work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON24 April 2017
It is an ok place to work. I've learned that the way your co-workers does their job should not affect your work ethics. As long as you do your job the right way, that what matters.
Great Staff
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON27 February 2017
This company was amazing to work for, always loved going to work to see the girls I worked with, love seeing the guest amazing smiles, everyone was always so happy and cheerful
Pros
lunch break
Cons
messy rooms
productive workplace with gym
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 February 2017
A typical day at work is sometimes challenging because people is little bit more hard to deal with than others.learn that patience and listening for acting is key. Management at comfort inn by the airport is in my opinion ; poor. Housing i can handle not having the right tools for the job that i can not. To walk away at the end of the day known i had a good days of work and people are laying on clean sheets.
Pros
smiling faces
Cons
littering on purpose
Productive and a fun workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB27 January 2017
At the Comfort Inn they greet you with kindness throughout the hotel, they make sure all your needs are met. The hotel is very clean and tiny, they make sure it's up to standards and if not the boss will make sure you know of penalty. Free breakfasts in the mornings from 8 until 11am. The housekeepers come in to your room everyday ( if asked ) to clean. The hotel is wheelchair accessible throughout the hotel. One last thing to include is if you are a worker there you get health benefits and get so much off a room at ANY hotel in the Comfort Inn chain.
Productive excellent management
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Saint John NB Fairville Bvld5 January 2017
Great staff great customer relations flexible more like family great business opportunity staff people friendly great job
Pros
Great placework great manager
Cons
Only seasonal
looking for full time emplyment in a friendly hard working work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON14 November 2016
hard working patient loyal friendly respecful and willing to work hard always takevpride in my work in my opinion there was no one working hardcore taking pride of there job they were issues with people making up dirty beds just cutting corners and me I would rather work in a place that takes pride in their job