Comfort Inn Employee Reviews

A rather solitary job that starts above minimum.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC30 November 2017
I worked mostly by myself cleaning rooms, with my coworkers also working alone nearby. This works well, but can be a rather lonely job when all the guests have checked out or are absent, even for an introverted person like myself.
A aftermath of a hurricane..
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Terrace, BC29 November 2017
If it were to be professional and calm, I would have loved it being my first job experience,but it was not, I've gotten sick multiple times and I thank them for sick pay, but it would have been great to be out and up on my feet,, the people I worked with were great but the people I worked for was so unexplainably immature, it was honestly disgusting to watch..... And I have been working long hours just to find out they were for free basically.. Thanks comfort inn for the experience, I now know when to walk away from things like this
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Long hours, short staffed
Good job terrible management
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB23 November 2017
I've worked at many hotels in my life. I can honestly say with confidence this was by far the worst experience I have had at any job with a terrible boss. You will get hired for a FULL time position and then only be given 1-2 shifts a week yet the manager will continue to hire new staff. Hours are cut without notice and pay is the absolute least amount you can be given. We weren't even paid overtime for a while... hotel jobs are great, only with the right management.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Management, no benefits, low pay
Great staff to work with
Guest services (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NS22 November 2017
I really enjoyed my time at the Comfort Inn. The staff were fun to work with and the guest were always enjoyable as no two were ever the same. I laughed every day at work.
Pros
Meeting guests
Cons
Short hours
Fun work place
House keeping (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB16 November 2017
Typical day at work involves cleaning room by room usually always started with the beds then the bathrooms
Sometime would clean the main entrance and the public bathrooms
I liked working here cause you get to be by yourself when working so 8 don't get distracted
Pros
Get a discount on staying the night at a comfort inn all around canada
A typical day at work.
Tactful Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Tara, ON10 November 2017
A typical day at work would be taking reservations, giving directions, Education customers about the area. Checkouts - communicating with Housekeeping staff Check-ins - cash debit and credit trans actions. Directing incoming calls and waiting on walk in guests.
good
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON3 November 2017
It was overall a good experience. People were really helping and nice. I have learned a number of things like how to work properly and keep up with people.
Pros
free lunches every monday
Cons
less hours
Very flexible
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC2 October 2017
Everyone was very helpful and I found myself doing more than just housekeeping, such as learning more about the business side of the hotel. The whole experience was enjoyable.
fun
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC27 September 2017
There are no words to describe my happiness because I achieved ally goals in both workplaces. Working at comfort inn was really perfect and taught me a lot about hotel operations. On the other hand, I had better chance to be recognized and appreciated because of my hard working. Actually, I did enjoyed working at the comfort inn let me think about my bath career more carefully. Honestly, I am thinking seriously to focus on working in public relation or human resource. It was my dream to be in these fields in future and now I make sure about it.
Worse manager ever
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Swift Current, SK5 September 2017
I worked here 3 different times. The first 2 times it was awesome, great people, friendly and the manager was amazing at making his employees feel useful and needed. The manager when I worked there last was completely incompetent, and had no leadership qualities. The moral of the staff was the lowest I'd ever seen working at any other place.
Not the best
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON30 August 2017
the property management company made it clear that i was disposable. in my time with them they terminated 2 gm's and 2 assistants. had to work a bit for free to manage budgets. the times required to get work done was not reasonable
Pros
benefits, wages
Cons
long days, stressful
Work alone
Head guest service representative (Former Employee) –  Ingersoll, ON26 July 2017
Working alone had it's ups and down, frustrating with noisey teams. Never received a raise In the 6 years I worked there.owner was pretty cheap.......
Not enough hours
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON24 July 2017
Ok place to work friendly girls not enough hours. wasn't impressed i called in sick one time and got called out in front of everyone about it which was very embarrassing
productive
Housekeeper/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  London ont15 July 2017
Management poor they made fun. Of staff....maintenance is required to check rooms..Nd be Part of management team...employer never does payroll properly always missing hours
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Review
House keeper (Former Employee) –  Yarmouth, NS8 July 2017
Very long shifts. The down fall was everytime there was not enough work expecially in the winter, I would get called not to go into work. The co-workers were friendly.
fun place
Housekeeper ( seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Gananoque, ON23 June 2017
the women were nice the management was in order lots of things got done if we needed something we got it. really enjoyed working for comfort inn.
i like the feeling when the people who stay in the rooms u clean really appreciate all the hard work housekeepers do.
Pros
friendly place
Cons
cleaning toilets
Great workplace
Room Cleaner/Laundry duties (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON20 June 2017
Typical day at work is face paced but great, friendly environment. Learned a lot about work ethics, management is great. Workplace culture is multi and lots of opportunity to meet great people from all parts of the world. The hardest part of the job is when shifts are slow, not enough work hours. The most enjoyable part of the job are coworkers, staff and management.
Pros
Great get togethers for special occasions
Cons
Not enough hours
Good job, hard work
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Yarmouth, NS11 June 2017
Being a housemaid is not an easy job and should not be underestimated. The management is great as well as the rest of the employees that work there. It is a great place to work.
Friendly environment.. An hour long lunch break was nice
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK5 June 2017
Well comfort inn was a nice place to work . had friendly co-workers. I learnt how to clean the rooms to the comfort inns satisfactory. The management were awesome. They'd correct u rather than yelling at u,an made u feel respected for the work u done.
Pros
Half hour lunch break
Cons
Having to get extra rooms because someone didnt show for work
meh
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 May 2017
the people you work with on a daily basis were good but i disliked the management, they liked to play favorites. They head house keeper changed twice in the 6 months that i was with the company they have a high turn over rate