Comfort Inn Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A fun place to work
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee), Midland, ONAugust 20, 2013
Pros: team work, staff luncheons .
Cons: overnight hours
We had wonderful staff all of the time which made for a great work day . As a supervisor , I learned if you show and give respect to the employees , they will show the same which makes for an easy , stress free day at work and has everyone working towards the same goal, filling the hotel with happy , satisfied and returning guests!
The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people and seeing the regulars return and knowing which staff member made an impression because the returning guests would ask for those staff members by name.
The hardest part , I believe of any job is having to let go of staff members that don't meet up to the standards and that take others down with them.
Great place to meet people from all walks of life.
Maintenance (Current Employee), North Bay, ONOctober 28, 2013
Pros: pizza day (last friday of every month)
Cons: rose
Everyday starts off the same, walk the property to removed any debris that may be on the property. ie: Garbage and any foreign object that could harm a guest or guest property/belongings.

I learned how to manage a position from budget to time management.

Management is always going to be tough to deal with seeing how they expect a cheap alternative or quick fix.

The team members are all very happy and experience ladies who keep a happy attitude and a warm conversation.

Hardest part of the job is trying to get approval from management for job task upgrades and certificates.

Everything about working here is enjoyable.
Fast paced work environment
Housekeeper and front desk (Former Employee), Swift Current, SKJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: Being able to do something I enjoyed, great co-workers
Cons: Poor Management
I loved this job. I enjoyed everything about it on front desk even though the night audit shifts could very hard on a person and mess me up on my days. In a typical day I answered the phone and took lots of reservations, checked guests in and out of rooms, and also dealt with CP rail guys as the hotel had a contract with them. The management was very poor and didn't really care about their employees. My co-workers however were always fun, upbeat and always had smiles on their faces. They made the job better for me.
Don't waste your time
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Burlington, ONMarch 12, 2015
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: not enough hrs, under paid, more than just house keeping
A lot of great people to work with who made tolerable.
Very high turn over rate.
Under paid
Not enough hrs, lucky if 2 days a week
Owner of the hotel is awful!!!!!! I can't stress this enough. Mean, rude, unrealistic. Does not care for employees. Aĺl about how to cut costs and what ends up in his pocket.
Manager of the hotel is nice.
No benefits
Have to do outside work such as wash windows, sweep out parking lot, and pick up garbage.
a bit misleading
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONDecember 2, 2015
Pros: wonderful group to work with, pleasant atmosphere, fairly supportive staff all 'round, convinient location
Cons: expected amount of hours not met
Although I enjoyed very much working at the comfort inn, I found the "part-time" heading to be a bit misleading. In my opinion, it should be classified as "seasonal". There is only work for the low-man on the pole if the hotel is busy. It was not uncommon for me to work only a day or two, if at all, for several weeks on end. This does not work well if you are the sole income provider for the home. Sadly, I had to move on to more steady work.
It is a good place to work
Front Desk (Current Employee), owen sound.onJuly 5, 2012
The job itself is fun and exciting.I have never worked in ths field before and it has been a learning experience for me.I have a great management team and good co-workers.The hardest part of the job for me is working shift work.Days ,afternoons and midnights.I work every weekend and holiday which is hard for me as i don't get to spend any time with my famiy.I guess for me that is the hardest part of the job.I love meeting new people and you do that daily in this line of work.I have great customer service and problem solving skills and that is a must in the hotel business.
I enjoyed working at the Comfort Hotel. People I worked with were great.
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), Victoria, BCFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: the chance to learn any department you wanted to.
Cons: not being respected as a supervisor. supervisors are considered throw aways. not needed.
A typical day at work was full and enjoyable. I learned more and more every day I went to work as far as managing the housekeeping department. Management was good and fair, I thought. All of my co-workers were exceptional to work with, it was a great housekeeping team. We were all very hard workers. The hardest part of my job was getting laid off with no warning. The most enjoyable part of my job was going to work everyday thinking it would be the last place I would work.
Working together like family
Full-time Guest Service Rep./ Night Auditor (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONOctober 29, 2012
Pros: everyone worked together as a team
Cons: no free food; when occupancy decreased so did the hours of work.
A typical day at work was checking guests in and out of their rooms with a professional attitude.

I learned the front desk computer system and how the front desk operates.

My co-workers and I supported each other when we needed to switch shifts without any complaints...nice people to work with.

The hardest part of the job was when we would be checking multiple guests in at the same time with 100% accuracy.
overall it is a nice place to work
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBMarch 28, 2015
Pros: when we are there 5, 10, etc we get to pick a gift that we want that is the range of how long you been there
Cons: not enough hours
i go in get my cart ready to go to work make sure i have all the stuff i need to do my jog for the day. when it is time to go to work i make sure i can get into the rooms to clean. my boss is nice to work for i have no problems. the people i work for are very nice to work for. the hardest part of the job is getting down on my hands and knees and washing the bathroom floor. is when the boss buys us lunch for the hard work we do
Very friendly staff and management
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Cornwall, OnOctober 28, 2014
Pros: free swimming
Cons: not knowing when you work next
I enjoy working at the Comfort Inn but unfortunately it is a seasonal position. My co-workers are very friendly and willing to lend a hand when needed. Management is understanding and willing to accept any opinions or ways to help the hotel be a better place for our guests to stay. The most enjoyable part of the job is that when you arrive you are always greeted by the front desk staff and co-workers are all ready to get the work done that needs to be completed. Overall I enjoy working at the Comfort Inn. The hardest part of the job at Comfort Inn is not knowing when you will work next.
Guest Reception (Former Employee), St. Thomas, ONJuly 6, 2012
Assisted guests, tidied lobby area, prepared the continental breakfast.

I learned how to balance my time

Management was very understanding and flexible with hours.

Co-workers were easy to work with and helpful when it came to learning new tasks.

Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with guests and being a part of them having an enjoyable stay.

The hardest part of the job is working alone during busy parts of the day, balancing answering the phone, assigning tasks to housekeeping/maintenance, assisting guests checking in and out.
n/a
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONAugust 5, 2015
-Always greeted guests in a friendly and professional manner
- Engaged each guest as a unique individual and listened attentively to their requests
- Performed accurate check-ins and check-outs of guests daily
- Answered the telephone in a timely and professional manner
- Made reservations over the phone and in person
- Ran daily reports to check reservations for accuracy and identify any special requests
- Responsible for a cash float throughout your shift and ensuring it balances correctly at the end of shift
- Used data entry and quick thinking while attending each individual guest
- Managed and successfully ran night audits
Learned new things
Housekeeper, House women (Former Employee), calgary,abNovember 9, 2013
Stocking my cart and checking my rooms stripping and reporting to front desk of werid activity. I enjoyed this job I love to clean Im good at it. I learned how to deep clean how to be a house women and how to deal with pests. I learned about chemicals as well. The hardest part of the job were all the checkout some times we had 20 in one day it was tiring but I loved it. My faverite part of the job was making the beds or doing towel art making them different shapes
must be physically fit but overall this was a great position
Assistant head housekeeper (Former Employee), Victoria, BCJuly 25, 2012
Pros: great bosses took us to diner, bowling rewarded our hard work with many perks.
Cons: very physically demanding
working for this company was a great experience. I worked with a wonderful team of mostly women who were ther to get the job at hand done. The management was always available for staff and did their best to resolve any issues. I enjoyed the physical fitness that this position required never had to join a gym.
You are working steady until you are completed all your rooms.
Housekeeper/Laundry (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 14, 2014
Pros: you leave work when you are done.
Cons: not enough hours
Sign in when you get there. Get you assignment sheet and keys. Then go to you assigned floor. Get a cart, load everything you will need. Find out where you can start. If the room is vacant you completely clean the rooms and change the linen on the beds. If the room is occupied, you access what they are going to need and make sure they have it and also make their beds and clean the room.
Productive workplace
Room attendant (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 24, 2012
Pros: free breakfast, drinks, coffee and lunch
The typical day was easy to follow on a daily basis. The routine was simple and easy to understand. Management was always there. My co-workers were reasonable to get along with, some were very friendly, and some were rude. Always meet new people everyday with good attitude. The hardest part of the job was cleaning 21 rooms in a 8 hour shift. The most enjoyable job was meeting new people everyday.
Productive and fun work environment.
Front Desk Manager/Night Auditor (Current Employee), Kamloops, BCSeptember 22, 2014
A typical day at work goes by fast as it is busy 70% of the time.

I have been able to improve in my customer support and service orientation.

Management is productive and helpful.

Some co-workers are helpful and others are just self centered.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with hard customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility it gives.
Was a great place to work
Night Audit Manager (Former Employee), Sylvan Lake, ABMarch 18, 2015
Pros: As long as my job was completed accurately and on time, all was good.
Cons: Worked all night 11pm until 7am
I truly enjoyed working for Comfort Inns and Suites. Management treated me with respect.They gave me added responsibilities to make decisions and backed my decisions based on my many years experience in the Hotel business.
Over all friendliness and lots of team work.
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 21, 2013
Pros: friendly atomosphere
Cons: not full time hours
I liked working there for the work was pleasant. I got a long with staff. there was lots of team work. House keeping is a very physical work so very large rooms would be the hardest to do. Meeting people is the best part of the job and management has always been good.
Great people
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Saint John, NBNovember 2, 2015
I enjoyed Comfort inn very much the work was challenging and my co-workers and supervisors were great.
I learned how to manage my time and take pride in a job well done.
I believe in working hard and always giving 100% to any task with a little bit of fun thrown in so you can enjot your job.