Comfort Home Care Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Work at your own risk
Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York22 August 2017
I don't have anything positive to say, work there at your own risk. No benefits, no vacation time. The pay isn't great. I didn't like my boss at all. Y
Pros
Cons
quiet, comfortable setting to work
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Clarenville, NL8 March 2017
working in the homecare setting of a clients home residence, making the job more personal and able to be compassionate and caring towards the client.

Learned quite a bit during my time working for the client, from being patient and kind, to being detailed and thorough with what work I was doing certain days.

When there was ever an issue, the company I worked for took care of it right away, there was no wait time to deal with anything. The company took good care of me as a worker.

The hardest part of the job is when my client passed away. When working in homecare, that idea is always on your mind, but you try not to think about it, and just give the client the best care and attention that is ever possible.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when I spent every day with an elderly person and got to know them, hear about their lives and meet their family members. I helped them get through hours of pain, reassuring them that they were not left alone, talking to them, holding their hand, reading a book to them, having a meal with them, and just being a person that they could feel safe and comfortable with.
Pros
residence setting, more comfortable then in a retirement home or hospital
Cons
dealing with cleaning and rebandaging of wounds and sores
Very Complex work forces
Child and Youth Worker with Addictions (Former Employee) –  Bay Roberts, NL31 December 2016
There is very poor Staff support and less then adiquite management. The staff hired do not meet the credentials needed for certain areas of work placement. The pay rate coincides with the union rates but no incentives to want to stay. Very poor emotional support system and unsatisfactory attitude toward workers

Want to know more about Comfort Home Care?

Ask a question