Comfort Home Care Employee Reviews

Working at CHC
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 20, 2016
I enjoy working for this fine establishment, the CEO down to the caregivers are very caring and hardworking. Putting smiles on the clients/residents faces are what matters to us all. A typical day at work consists of bathing, feeding, light housekeeping, medication reminders, and engaging my client in activities of daily living and conversation. I've learned that patience is key and everyone is different; people do things at their own pace, and respect must always be shown and given.
They expect alot without giving
Visiting Nurse (LPN) (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MAMarch 10, 2016
As much as I loved what I did, visiting nursing, I couldn't do what they wanted in the time frame they wanted it done. I found it frustrating at the lack of support from management. I loved what I did, this company just wasn't a good fit for me. I know many people who love it!
It provided me flexibility with the schedule.
Clinical Coordinator/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNDecember 3, 2014
A typical day at work would be multi tasking and every day is different. I communicate with a lot of different people and educational levels regarding cares that need to be performed for the patients.
I learned how to coordinate the cares, staffing, MD orders, social worker communication, and patient relations as well as managing supportive staff.
The hardest part of the job was being on call.
My co-workers are professional, pleasant, and we all get along so well with our different personalities.
The most enjoyable part of my job is educating patients, family, and staff about disease processes and treatments.
I also do education for home health aides for assisted living and in-services for annual requirements and competencies.
I have ICD 9 CM coding experience.
I also do quarterly audits on medical records to ensure compliance for state and federal requirements are being met.
Pros
there are a lot of different aspects of the job that keep it from becoming dull.
Cons
there was no guarantee of hours for partime employment and no benefits.
Great Mission
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Methuen, MAFebruary 24, 2013
This company has a great mission. A typical day at work consists of driving all across the entire state of MA. The most enjoyable part of this job is meeting new people all the time. My co-workers are great and a lot of help when an issue or simple question arises. Management at the office that I report to (Shrewsbury) isn't very good because communication is very disorganized. I feel that if communication was better then this company would be one of the top 5!
Pros
free lunches, trainings, abundance of supplies
Cons
patient cancellation= no pay unless on salary, excessive driving
Be careful, company not what it seems
Visiting Nurse (Former Employee) –  Methuen, MAOctober 3, 2013
This company started out as mainly psychiatric clientele which is fine if you like it. The job is salary. The management was awful as well as the owner's grasp of running it. There was no policy book but he often like to quote policies?! As a nurse, you were responsible for picking patients medicines up which may contain certain classes that made me feel uncomfortable having on me due to fear of my license. You were expected to see a certain amount of people every night (I did second shift), despite the amount or how late it took you. All notes were still handwritten as well as the recertifications for state and federal reimbursements and no extra time or less patients were taken so you were not overloaded. You were expected to track down patients which is hard when they are psychiatric/drug substance based. That only added to your time taken away from others. A few times I was asked to "fib" on government documents for funding which I refused and called the Board of Nursing for advice on the matter. Basically, if it doesn't feel right, don't do it per the Board's suggestion. From that point on, I always kept a copy of the Borads rules and regulations for nurses. Be wary with this place.
Pros
none i can remember
Cons
too many to state, just run from there!
It is a fun and productive place to work for.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Methuen, MAJune 2, 2013
It is a fun place to work for
Good management team
Good working hours
Pros
good management, accesible superrvisors, available tools to perform job
Cons
low wages, less benefits.
Registered Nurse: providing care to Assisted Living Residents
* Medication reconciliation
* Ordering supplies
* Managing physician calls
* Updating family
Pros
working with eldery
Cons
distance to cannon falls, mn!
productive work place
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMarch 22, 2014
on the go constant patient caring. Excellent management. House to house assistant home health aid work. A learning experience.
Pros
wonderful patients
Home Health Care
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Freehold, Manalapan, Marlboro, Old BridgeFebruary 6, 2014
Taking care of elderly in daily activities. Typical day would include preparing meals and walking the elderly, helping and assisting thru out the visit. Helping with laundry and keeping the area clean. Keeping company.
Managed Employees/caregiver
Owner (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MINovember 4, 2014
Going into clients homes to help them with their daily needs
Pros
excellent care given
Cons
longs hours
Direct Care
Nurse's Aide (Former Employee) –  East Meadow, NYOctober 7, 2014
A typical day with Comfort Home Care would be assisting patients at their residential setting.
Pros
lack of work
Cons
good pay