Comdata Employee Reviews

Change
Customer Relations Rep IV (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, NY15 September 2016
Comdata was purchased by Fleetcor in 2014. Since this time the culture has changed significantly. My most enjoyable part of the job is taking care of my customers. This can also be the hardest when other departments do not work cohesively in order to best serve the customer. I have learned many things in my time at Comdata. Increased patience more than any other. There is also no longer a career path for associates to receive training and/or improve their skills. Also, this creates an issue when attempting to be promoted.
Pros
My Customers
Cons
Change in the company's over all culture.
Strategic Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TN30 April 2016
Excellent compensation depending on job requirements. Fun atmosphere and overall a great to work. I loved my time there and look forward to going back there someday
productive work place
Client Administrator-Fuel Tax (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TN22 April 2016
working ours was awesome,

enjoyed work from home option.

was a small team, but very enjoyable environment.

awesome pay and benefits.
Not good Culture
Customer Service Representative I (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TN23 April 2016
I feel that there is no room for growth here. I have tried several times to grow and
move up in the company and find road blocks every step of the way. Then I see
people with less skills sets and less educational background then me move up
because of someone they know or they are on first or second shift. It funny to me
that no one can leave 3rd shift here in the call center the only way is to quit or be
fired. The culture of this company has changed and not a good way...
Pros
pay ok
Cons
management
Great Place to work. But no room for advancement
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TN4 May 2016
Comdata is a great place to work. Daily I would take incoming calls and assist truckers in creating permits. Management is knowledgeable and useful. The job culture laid back and relaxed. The hardest part of the job was explaining why a permit was not able to be issued due to a law or policy. The most enjoyable part was working thru an issue and receiving a desirable result.
Pros
Great job Culture
Cons
No room for advancement
Great job, great company, not so great managers!
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TN1 October 2015
This is a great company to work for, however, their supervising staff were not always very friendly. Associates were often very fake and sneaky in regards to career advances and good work!

Some of the associates seem intimidated by those who have recently graduated college and actually have plans of advancement in the company.

The company was just bought out by another company and changes have been made, but many positions have a horrible turn over rate, basically no one's job was secure, due to petty reasons!
Pros
Great job campus, benefits, on site cafe, and gym
Cons
Outdated systems, sneaky coworkers and supervisors
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Relations Representative IV (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TN1 February 2016
I've been with Comdata Inc for over 17 years. It is a great place to work. The benefits are good and the health and wellness program is great!
Pros
Great benefits, good group of people to work with
Cons
n/a
Great place to work.
Senior System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TN18 January 2016
It was a great and fun place to work, travelled all over the US. Co-workers and management were awesome. I would work there again for the right salary.
Pros
Onsite Gym, Onsite Caf
Overall, was a good work environment. Had to relocate to MN.
Manager, Call Center Operations (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TN10 August 2016
Comdata was a good company to work for, I needed to relocate to MN for a sick family member. I can honestly say after being there over 13 years, I still miss it. However apparently, they have been purchased by a new company and the atmosphere there has changed.
Pros
Bonus checks, always employee appreciation days each month.
Cons
Had too many employees to give positive feedback to.
Good company
Tech Lead Distributed Apps (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN23 August 2016
Right sized company to be able to do many interesting things
good people and great location
CEO change very often so major directions change too often
Great company!
Technical Representative I (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TN24 September 2015
Awesome company, competitive pay, great benefits, onsite gym, onsite cafeteria, accessible management, good shift differential, great training program, opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Pay benefits, gym, cafeteria, shift differential
Cons
Congested location and traffic.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY31 October 2016
Liked working here. Would recommend it to friends and family. Co-workers were a good group of folks to be around. Great location for shopping.
worst company ever
former employee (Former Employee) –  Brentwood28 August 2014
Comdata is the worse company. I hope that Fleercor changes the way that they are operated. They are a company that only cares about money! They do not care about their employees or their customers. The management lies and manipulates everything to be in their favor. Supervisors are never there take vacation and personal time whenever they see fit. If an emergency arises for them, they can leave no problem. If am employee leaves it is automatic points toward your record. Loyalty means nothing to this company. It's people that have worked there 15, 20, 25 yrs and they treat them like day old bread. There is no appreciation toward the employees for how much everyone does outside of their job description. There is a huge favoritism within the departments. Certain policies and procedures only apply for certain people and others get special treatment.
Pros
benefits are ok, cafe food
Cons
management, pay, ridiculous policies that only apply to certain people.
Everyone is extremely friendly and helpful
Implementation & Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TN6 March 2015
New credit card accounts are added into a database first thing every morning for employees to pull every day. Accounts are then implemented from start to finish. Everyone is extremely helpful, including management, to make sure everything is done correctly. Main focus is on the customer and quality assurance. Keys to success are time management and being highly organized.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
compensation
High stress sales organization
Key Account Manager & Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TN1 June 2016
A recent buyout by Fleetcor has changed the personality and profile of the company. Difficult to match expectations with real world situations.
Pros
Good people
Cons
High stress metrics based management
Cool and Easy place to earn a living
Credit Implementation Representative (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TN29 June 2012
- You're assigned work, just get it done and all is cool.
- Management lacks team building effort but comprises of good people in general. This is not a "Good to Great" employer.
- The hardest part is swallowing the reduction of good employee benefits. They've hired penny pinchers to find ways to dwindle what has made this place great.
- We still have 2 vacation weeks and 1 week of PDO coming in the door. That's a plus. But it want be long until that's gone too.
Pros
3 weeks of vaca/pdo
Cons
limited leadership skills, low salaries
Customer Service Representative/Merchant Services
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  20 Founders, El Paso Texas12 April 2013
Quality company dedicated to serve thousands of companies manage corporate purchases, fuel expenses and payroll. Help company manage data, pay employees and process real time transactions for merchant services. A typical day is answer about 3000 calls and assist customers with excellent customer service with any transactions, money transfers or any inquiries customer may have. You meat all kinds of people over the phone and enjoyed assisting every one of the calls.
Pros
great benefits, quality company always took good care of their employees
Cons
short breaks, sitting for long periods of time
They don't make great happen like they say they do.
Collections (Former Employee) –  Brentwood8 December 2012
Not a good atmosphere to be in,especially of you want to work in collections. I've never worked for a company in corporate america where the people are unprofessional. The supervisor there is a drunk and is always making suggestive comments toward other women. You get rewarded by the number of behinds that you kiss and not your hard work. I wouldn't recommend this place to anybody.
Pros
it's a job.
Cons
very stingy with bonuses/raises for company that makes millions.
Great Benefits, Not a Great Environment
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TN31 August 2014
There is a huge lack of management focus and company direction. If you're not poplar with your boss you will not get promoted. It's the same employees that move up which is why there is never any change or new ideas. Talking to other employees in the company, no one seems to be happy here. Workload is overwhelming at times and your supervisor most likely has no idea what you do on a daily basis.
Pros
Benefits and cafeteria
Cons
Poor management, lots of turnover
Comdata
Customer Service Representative-Permits (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TN10 October 2014
I very much enjoyed working at Comdata and the management team I was under. They were very professional and took care of matters in the department as needed. I learned so much about working in the corporate world, management styles, and advanced my customer service and communication skills. The hardest part of my job was the commute to and from everyday.
Pros
benefits, pay, environments, communication, overtime availability
Cons
commute