Comdata

Comdata Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
One of the Best Places I have Worked
Customer Service Representation (Former Employee), Brentwood, TNMay 26, 2015
Pros: Shift flexibility, great management
Cons: large number of angry customers
Comdata, has a free flowing energy about it's work environment. Employees were happy and motivated to work. As a Customer Service Representative, I would service two types of customers. The first was in the Trucking Service Industry. It was never a boring day when focused on this group. There were, of course, times when calls became escalated, but for the most part the driver and the company's owners were easy to provide service to. The second was e-card customer's who would have their paychecks deposited on an e-card. E-card customers would inquire about the e-card program. This would the be most difficult part of the job. Often times, e-card customers were unaware of the policy and guidelines surrounding the usage of their cards. Many customers would call wanting fund reimbursements for one reason or another. Having to diffuse their anger was very challenging at times. Along with the helpless feeling of not being able to help them completely. Overall my experience at Comdata was great. Comdata's directors would host picnics and lunches to reward their employee's hard work. What made Comdata one of the best companies that I have ever been employed by is the fact that they value their employees. It is very noticeable and is one of the most common things told the entire time I was employed at Comdata.
worst company ever
former employee (Former Employee), BrentwoodAugust 28, 2014
Pros: benefits are ok, cafe food
Cons: management, pay, ridiculous policies that only apply to certain people.
Comdata is the worse company. I hope that Fleercor changes the way that they are operated. They are a company that only cares about money! They do not care about their employees or their customers. The management lies and manipulates everything to be in their favor. Supervisors are never there take vacation and personal time whenever they see fit. If an emergency arises for them, they can leave no problem. If am employee leaves it is automatic points toward your record. Loyalty means nothing to this company. It's people that have worked there 15, 20, 25 yrs and they treat them like day old bread. There is no appreciation toward the employees for how much everyone does outside of their job description. There is a huge favoritism within the departments. Certain policies and procedures only apply for certain people and others get special treatment.
A very productive place to work
Client Administrator (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: company would provide customer service week free lunches and snacks.
Cons: healthcare fair
Enjoyed working for Comdata in the Ceridian building in Bloomington, MN. I learned a lot with this company which handles Fuel Tax , licenses for trucking companies. I was taught about mileages and fuel usage, MPG, IFTA. My job function is filling their refrigeration tax refund to States and Federal. There are 2 people on the management team up here in MN, with 20 Client Administrators. We provide support to each other at month end working as a team. The hardest part of the day is when the software links goes offline and I have lots of work to do yet, that gets stressful. At the end of the day you feel releaved that the system is back online and you have accomplished your job functions and met your quota.
Good place to have a begining office type job.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), LaVergne, TNAugust 6, 2015
I advanced to become part of the Tier 2 customer service team. Answered inbound calls, processed ComCheck transactions for drivers and truck stop locations. Also issued authorization codes for driver’s paychecks. Trained/shadowed new customer service employees.
Management was fair. Some co-workers were great, while others were not so pleasant to deal with.
I learned a lot about how the trucking industry paid their drivers and paid for their fuel, etc.
Sometimes dealing with tired truck drivers could be challenging, especially when their company had not yet loaded funds onto their account.
I did enjoy working with many of the truck stops who called frequently.
Great job, great company, not so great managers!
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Brentwood, TNOctober 1, 2015
Pros: Great job campus, benefits, on site cafe, and gym
Cons: Outdated systems, sneaky coworkers and supervisors
This is a great company to work for, however, their supervising staff were not always very friendly. Associates were often very fake and sneaky in regards to career advances and good work!

Some of the associates seem intimidated by those who have recently graduated college and actually have plans of advancement in the company.

The company was just bought out by another company and changes have been made, but many positions have a horrible turn over rate, basically no one's job was secure, due to petty reasons!
Cool and Easy place to earn a living
Credit Implementation Representative (Former Employee), Brentwood, TNJune 29, 2012
Pros: 3 weeks of vaca/pdo
Cons: limited leadership skills, low salaries
- You're assigned work, just get it done and all is cool.
- Management lacks team building effort but comprises of good people in general. This is not a "Good to Great" employer.
- The hardest part is swallowing the reduction of good employee benefits. They've hired penny pinchers to find ways to dwindle what has made this place great.
- We still have 2 vacation weeks and 1 week of PDO coming in the door. That's a plus. But it want be long until that's gone too.
productive and fun place to work
Cash Applications Specialist (Former Employee), Brentwood, TNApril 4, 2015
Pros: onsite lunch room and cafe
Cons: high cost in heathcare and low paid wages
a typical day at Comdata would be to prepare and sent out the daily
for moneys received that have not been applied.

I learned about the application of cash and credit card payments.

The coworker were dedicated and hard workers.

The hardest past of my job was finding work and life balance as over time was required daily for all employees in cash applications.

The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to work with friends from previous job and high school.
Customer Service Representative/Merchant Services
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), 20 Founders, El Paso TexasApril 12, 2013
Pros: great benefits, quality company always took good care of their employees
Cons: short breaks, sitting for long periods of time
Quality company dedicated to serve thousands of companies manage corporate purchases, fuel expenses and payroll. Help company manage data, pay employees and process real time transactions for merchant services. A typical day is answer about 3000 calls and assist customers with excellent customer service with any transactions, money transfers or any inquiries customer may have. You meat all kinds of people over the phone and enjoyed assisting every one of the calls.
Great environment for sales with management but not a lot of room for growth.
Inside Sales Account Manager (Current Employee), Brentwood, TNJune 29, 2015
Direct the development of new accounts and business relationships through cold calling sales, marketing, and referrals.
Investigate and secure new revenue opportunities through evaluative consulting to create selling ideas in order to deliver cost saving and revenue generating solutions to fleet customers.
Implements the accounts sold and works closely with the sales manager to develop plans to retire quota.
Utilize a detailed understanding of Comdata’s systems and a basic understanding of the standards used by our target customers to work through the implementation with the customer.
Great Benefits, Not a Great Environment
Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Brentwood, TNAugust 31, 2014
Pros: benefits and cafeteria
Cons: poor management, lots of turnover
There is a huge lack of management focus and company direction. If you're not poplar with your boss you will not get promoted. It's the same employees that move up which is why there is never any change or new ideas. Talking to other employees in the company, no one seems to be happy here. Workload is overwhelming at times and your supervisor most likely has no idea what you do on a daily basis.
They don't make great happen like they say they do.
Collections (Former Employee), BrentwoodDecember 8, 2012
Pros: it's a job.
Cons: very stingy with bonuses/raises for company that makes millions.
Not a good atmosphere to be in,especially of you want to work in collections. I've never worked for a company in corporate america where the people are unprofessional. The supervisor there is a drunk and is always making suggestive comments toward other women. You get rewarded by the number of behinds that you kiss and not your hard work. I wouldn't recommend this place to anybody.
Business Professional Environment
customer service representative (Former Employee), brentwood, TNMay 23, 2014
Pros: recognition for work
Cons: stationary position cause back pain
The company has an image to uphold and as its employee we have to uphold that image. There's a business casual attire rule in place with friday being our casual day. I learn to manage clients account and remediate issues. The co-workers and I have a very business impersonal relationship. The hardest part is dealing with clients that are upset with the company. The company offer free gym membership and have an buffet/café area.
Calm atmosphere in a crazy call center
Permit Specialist (Former Employee), Brentwood, TNJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Great managers-Nice coworkers-Awesome cafateria-Tons of overtime
Cons: Little too much micromanaging
I loved Comdata because my supervisor was amazing and was always there to make me feel heard and appreciated. We ran contests and had incentives to take more phone calls which equals more permits ordered. I did very well there and would definitely still be working there if I had not moved.
Work location is a nice safe area to work
Sr Customer Service Rep Class (Former Employee), Brentwood, TNOctober 31, 2013
Pros: great work area wonderful co workers
Cons: new managers thats did not know the business. there for not having a reliable sorse for information
This was a wonderful place to work.I enjoyed learning there type of business.The management for the last 3 years was changed quite
a bit depending on what was needed.I had the best Co workers in the world to work with.The hardest part of the job was leaving the friends i had made .
lots of fun activities,fun holiday gatherings,lots of fun lunches
Permit Agent Specialist/Web Team Auditor (Former Employee), Irving, TX now resides in Brentwood,TnMay 2, 2012
Pros: bonus, awards
Cons: short lunches
Comdata provided a place of new experiences, longtivity, good benefits and a family (no just co workers). Hardest part of the job is not being there now. Now the most injoyable part was helping drivers achieve permits so they can drive legal and safe over the road, last but no least management provided means of understanding and a good work inviroment place.
Comdata valued innovation
Operations Manager (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJune 21, 2012
Pros: excellent training and mentoring
Cons: moved call center to philipines
Substantial growth experienced and solid management principles helped organization succeed. Their objective was to be employer or choice and all employment decisions made with that in mind.

Hardest part of job was that it was a call center and non-stop call activiies occurred frequently due to system outages.

Enjoyable was the management team in Brentwood, TN who guided the El Paso team.
Overall Great Place to Work
Technical Relations Representative (Former Employee), Brentwood, TNFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: benefits and incentives
Cons: just a bit of a drive to get to work from dickson
Day to day environment working with customers, You take oe day at a time because each day is different. Management is great and the co-workers are like family. The hardest part is leaving it to go home. You tend to want to help even when you aren't on duty. The best part is that you work with great people and are rewarded for it.
Everyone is extremely friendly and helpful
Implementation & Training Specialist (Former Employee), Brentwood, TNMarch 6, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: compensation
New credit card accounts are added into a database first thing every morning for employees to pull every day. Accounts are then implemented from start to finish. Everyone is extremely helpful, including management, to make sure everything is done correctly. Main focus is on the customer and quality assurance. Keys to success are time management and being highly organized.
Very productive company
Customer Servicing Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Irving TexasApril 9, 2012
Pros: bonuses /free lunches for rewards
Cons: medical /dental 401 k vacation
a day consists of a satified customer ,,,While on the road a truck driver does not need problems with officers pretaining to being legal to travel with there loads. Needed permits to be correct and on time when they get to the truck stop to pick up...Need comchecks to be correct to continue there travel.5
Best Job of a life time filled with joy and anticipation.
Operator (Former Employee), Hoover, ALJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: flexibilty
Comdata was a fun filled and interesting place to work with all walks of life. We enojoyed every day and it was very family oriented the only thing was you were not able to help all of the customers to exceed there needs based on there companys limits but enjoyed every day doing the best we could to exceed customer service goals.
Headquarters