Combined Insurance Employee Reviews

I believe combined insurance is a great company that can field great information.
Sales Rep/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick5 October 2017
Easy advancement
Travel
Self employed
Great commission
The job its self is a excellent opportunity, however if timed in the wrong period of time in your life the opportunity will be wasted. The commission only base is hard for some not yet ready to engage in sales outside their comfort zone. once someone is comfortable In the speaking Side of the job then it is awesome opportunity. being honest is key because if you are not ready financially and mentally to enter a dry period without pay, you will not be able to wait for the high pay out.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Hard to get pay
Its alright
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 September 2017
sales oriented, very demanding, a lot of time spent on the road. solely commission based. you may not make any money at all sometimes. I did not like the role.
Amazing company!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Manitoba16 September 2017
I needed a flexible job to help take care of my children. It wasn't easy at the beginning but I kept at it and by the end of the first year I earned almost 60K. Which was 20K more than my previous job and I worked less hours. In my second year I'm on track to earn close to 80K.

I have had so much fun working here and can't imagine doing anything else.
Pros
Culture, hours worked and pay
Enjoy what I do
Accident and Sickness Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB8 September 2017
A typical day would include outside sales and networking to sell accident and sickness insurance.
I have learned how to get out of my comfort zone.
The management team for this Company is very supportive.
Hardest part of the job is staying motivated and focused.
The work life/balance is the most enjoyable part of the job. I have the freedom to make my own hours and spend time with my family when required.
Pros
Self employed, make own owers
Cons
Commission pay, no benefits
Très bonne emploi
Représentante des ventes (Current Employee) –  Laurentides, QC18 August 2017
Très bon emploi, possibilité de bonus, avancement etc.. payer à la commission
Pros
Créé son chèque de paie
Cons
Commission
Training was unsatisfying
Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 July 2017
You are suppose to get one full week of infield training. I only got three days, made me realize that I was unfit for a commission job though. If you have experience with commission jobs with little to no training then this would be a good job for you.
They train you for this proffession
Insurance Broker (Former Employee) –  Ontario30 June 2017
Three weeks of training and going to Toronto for the test.
Typical day was approximately 16 hours.
Quite a lot about accident and sickness insurance.
Chance for advancement if you are willing.
Hardest part of this job is getting in and out of the car.
Working independently is probably the most enjoyable part of this job other than meeting all the people
Pros
Good commission
Cons
Extremely long hours at night.
A lot of travel required/no guaranteed salary or travel expenses
Sickness and Accident Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB28 June 2017
The ones doing well in this business had to be unethical to get ahead. If you're ok with that you could probably do well in this business, otherwise it may starve you out.
Pros
pleasant work
Cons
not much money
Fun Place to work
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2017
Enjoy meeting new people and helping them with their problems. The hardest part of my job however was to bascilly convince people that your product was needed and going door to door to do that.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Long hours, trying to convince people to use your product.
Do not work here
Insurabce Agent (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON14 June 2017
When recruited they tell you that you get paid training. Free hotel accommodations. You pay for your meals and gas. The training allowance you find out once you get in that you don't qualify. You don't know any of the reasons until you are in there. The last day of training you sign a invoice for 5000.00. You hear nothing about this before hand. If you don't make 5000.00 in apv in 6 months or if you quit. The company will come back to you for 5000.00. Also if you quit your sales leader and your district leader get charged a charge back. They will come after you for that too. They take 20 percent of every pay and put it into a separate account to cover charge backs. They also take 12.00 a month for your business cards and applications and brochure. So nothing is actually free. The management and senior management were the most unprofessional people I ever met. They have no compassion for people. If you want professional and corporate this is not the place for you
Pros
Cons
Late hours, unprofessional management
Travail dure avec une bonne production
Représentant des ventes (Former Employee) –  QC13 June 2017
une société qui offre une belle opportunité pour gagner le maximum d'argent dans un environnement concurrentiel
Pros
une bonne commission
Cons
trop de déplacements
Productive and fun place...
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON4 June 2017
Excellent Company with great leadership and training courses...Honesty and Integrity is the key to keep you working with them. Amazing VP. Ray Young and a great Leadership.I have a great experience with Combined Insurance. I am Achiever...
Absolute worst company ever
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Nova Scotia1 June 2017
nothing but lies right from the ads they put online. They will tell you most people make over 40k their 1st year when in reality vast majority make less than 20k in their 1st year. They will tell you you rarely have to travel and most of your territory will be within 45 mins of home. Nope They will expect you to be away from home at the least 1 week a month but usually more than 2 weeks a month. Everything while you are on the road is paid by you. When you are home your territory is usually at least an hour from home and you are expected to work until at least 9pm everynight. Your sales leaders and district leaders will "check in" to make sure you didnt leave the field early. You are required to attend meetings twice a week where they check on how you are doing so far that week. These are not paid and you will get complained at if you book a client to meet with during this time instead of attending the meetings. If your numbers arent where they expect them they will demean your work ethic and tell you how if you dont step up you are going to have to go back to a min wage job and work hourly like thats the worst thing ever. The Truro office is constant drama and run by a man with very little respect for others. They are always drinking together and expect that when you are on the road you will get very little sleep as this is party time. The company finds any reason possible not to pay employees. when you finally realize how awful it is and leave make sure you tell them this after you get your last commission check otherwise they will hold it in your operating account,  more... which they fill by taking 20% of all of your commissions for in case of a client cancelling. you will never see what is left in their when you leave because suddenly a bunch of people will cancel spontaneously as soon as you put in your resignation. in my case I had 9 cancellations the week after I resigned, wiping out my account. These were the only cancellations I had while with the company. good luck trying to argue your case because they have tons of lawyers and everything is apparently in the fine print somewhere in your contract. Do not bother with the headache of working here, save yourself the stress and go anywhere else  less
Pros
great parties, awesome cult atmosphere
Cons
long hours, poor pay, very shady
fun place to work
Bilingual supervisor (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON31 May 2017
the company was a good place to work, the people were very fair and the job was great and was able to take care of the employees under my supervision.
Pros
very orginized company
Cons
no cons
Hard work pays off
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 May 2017
It is a great job for individuals who are willing to go out there and get the job done. Definetly not for someone who does not want to get uncomfortable.
Give us your opinion about the job
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 April 2017
Working at Combined Insurance, I have developed the confidence to interact with people of all different nationalities and succeed.

A typical day at work is conducting cold calls and following up with clients. I also gave presentation when scheduled.

Management was very good; we had to meet every morning to conduct meetings on our progress.

The culture of the work place was good and everyone conformed.

The hardest part of the job was if employees did not meet their quota per month. They could be fired.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to do a presentation for a client and to make the sale
Pros
To find qualified clients
Cons
When clients dropped the policies
This company understands the word Culture and lives up to its highest standards. The Golden Rule Lives Here!
Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 April 2017
For someone who has an entrepreneurial mindset and wants to earn a way above average income while working independently from their own home and creating their own schedule with work/life balance I can't suggest a better place to look.

There is free training, tons of ongoing inthefield support, and a lucrative paycheck to be made by those who are serious about making one. I came from the car industry and it is about as ugly cutthroat and fake as it gets and people are disposable. The difference in the culture here at Combined Insurance is measurable.
Pros
Free training. Live support. High Income. Work/Life Balance
Cons
selfmotivation.
Excellent Opportunity
Sales Rep/ Recruitment Officer (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB14 March 2017
A lot of stress, not really the best amount of work-life balance. People are nice, supportive people just trying to make a living. If you want a true performance based job, this is the one for you.
Pros
performance based
Cons
long hours, pressure
High Expectations for Success
Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 March 2017
Lots of work and lots of rewards. Although work can seem tedious when hunting for new prospects once you start building your client base, commissions can be plentiful. Sold all types of insurance products including: Accident & sickness, Hospitalization, Critical Illness and Life policies.
Pros
set your own schedule
Cons
no base salary
Excellent for leaning, and acquiring new skills
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Alberta1 March 2017
It was excellent, taught me a lot of new skills, and simply to go out of my comfort zone, the friendships I made are the ones that push you forward to achieving more, we are a commission based company, but it is great for pushing and growing.
Pros
Great Commission
Cons
Find your own prospects

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Combined Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.