Do you share our company’s passion for sports and are interested in joining our team as a Purchasing Coordinator?
Combat Sports is looking for an energetic self-starter who is comfortable working in a manufacturing environment. They will be responsible to plan, direct, and coordinate the purchasing activities and resources necessary for manufacturing products in accordance with cost, quality, and quantity specifications.
The Purchasing Coordinator will also monitor and maintain control of inventory levels and provide monthly reports on usage and cycle counts, while developing positive relationships with suppliers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess requirements of the establishment and purchase general and specialized equipment, materials or business services
- Create, maintain and develop an inventory control system to track material and supplies inventory levels
- Develop specifications for equipment, materials and supplies to be purchased
- Inspect the physical condition and count or measure the quality and weight of all materials or supplies at the time they are received and before they are added to inventory
- Ensure accurate input of received materials and supplies into the accounting system
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with all suppliers and have a strong focus on ensuring our system for evaluating and selecting suppliers is consistently managed
- Source, collect and review quotations from existing and new suppliers, negotiate contract terms, discounts and conditions and award contracts or recommend contract awards
- Conduct periodic inventory and cycle counts, as well as coordinate and supervise yearly inventory counts while adhering to company guidelines
- Ensure that the receiving/loading bay is secure, clean and accessible at all times
- Establish delivery schedules and monitor their progress
- Undergraduate degree preferably in Business, Commerce or Economics
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a related position (i.e. inventory control or purchasing)
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with SAGE accounting products an asset
- Good physical condition as position requires lifting and moving of heavy materials and supplies
- Speak, read and write in English, bilingual would be an asset
- Familiarity with cost control/inventory procedures preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and telephone skills
- Excellent attention to detail, and very strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Full time days
- Salary Range: $40,000 to $50,000
- Location: Ottawa East (Canotek Road)
- Competitive benefits package
Indeed - 7 months ago
Rich in composite sporting goods history, Combat has been supplying composite and hybrid composite bats to brand name companies since 1998,...