Established in 1998, Column Technologies is a global technology, management consulting, and services company with proven success across the public and private sectors. Headquartered in the United States, we have 275 employees around the world as well as offices in Australia, Canada, India, Singapore, and the United Kingdom.
Column Technologies is an authorized BMC Software Education Partner (BMC), and we are EXIN-accredited to teach ITIL training classes. Our courses help IT professionals rapidly develop the skills of organization needs to get the most from their investment in BMC Software technologies such as BMC Remedy ITSM, BMC Service Desk Express, and BMC Performance Manager.
Column Technologies – Canada wishes to retain the services of a Regional Manager – Canada (permanent position) at our offices located at 5925 Airport Road, Suite 200, Mississauga, Ontario. In this capacity you will be responsible for the consulting productivity and services efficiency within a geographical region. You will primarily serve our customers remotely or who are located in the GTA but travel will be required based on project needs.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring consultant productivity involving the billability of all consultants residing within the region;
- Ensuring services (consulting) efficiency representing projects that are completed on-time;
- Expanding Column’s presence in the region by bringing new customers to BMC products and Column services; and providing new products and expanding services to existing customers.
- Supporting sales initiatives within the Region;
- Ensuring that all consulting resources are engaged at billable customer engagements;
- Ensuring projects (engagements) that occur within the Region are completed according to the project schedule;
- Retaining consulting personnel within the region by mitigating, eliminating or rewarding consulting hardships posed by travel, long hours, and a stressful work environment;
- Supporting Column Account Management in securing future product and services business by directly supporting Account Management with Presales activities, as well as creating sales related documents;
- Scheduling consulting personnel to projects based on customer requirements and Column business requirements. Controlling each consultant’s training and personal time schedules;
- Supporting the Column Account Managers in the region to sell products and services consisting of participating in customer conversations to discuss Column’s capabilities; complete proposals based on a customer’s business and technology objectives; and assist sales with closing open business;
- Engaging the customer in periodic discussions or presentations about the strategic deployment Business Service Management within their organization, and educating on how BMC and Column solutions can provide for continual improvement and increased value within the IT staff, delivery processes and infrastructure;
- Maintaining the power to recommend resources (i.e. Consultants – ITSM Consultants, BSM Consultants, Business Analysts, Project Managers, Trainers, etc.) to customer projects with full control of consulting resources residing hi the Region.
- Requesting additional consulting personnel within the Region (final determination of personnel hiring will be made by Column Executive and Director Management); and
- Recommending the termination of consulting personnel in the region (final determination of personnel hiring will be made by Column Executive and Director Management).
The candidate will be required to have a Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years’ experience as well as knowledge of and experience in the following areas:
- BMC Remedy ARS 5.x through 8.x
- BMC Remedy ITSM 6.0 through 8.x
- BMC Remedy Service Request Management 8.x
- BMC Remedy Knowledge Management 8.x
- BMC Atrium CMDB 1.0 – 8.x
- Microsoft Windows
- SAP 4.6c, 4.7
- MS SQL
- Oracle 9i, 10g and 11g
- Unix Shell
Salary: $91,000.00 plus group insurance benefits.