This sales role, ideal for an individual with at least 1 years sales experience, reports to the VP, Sales. The successful candidate will be responsible for all sales activities within a defined territory in BC and based in the Lower Mainland.
The leading Canadian manufacturer of a specialty building product for over 50 years, selling primarily to major big box home improvement and building supply centres and roofing distributors. We operate out of two modern manufacturing facilities in south Burnaby as well as a distribution centre in Toronto. We are the largest Canadian manufacturing company in our sector with a reputation for quality and customer support second to none. We are very dominant in the BC market.
- With the support of the VP, Sales, your peers and customer service team, increase company’s market share , while maintaining and enhancing our sales with current customers
- Field based sales position calling on a variety of leading regional & national chains, building supply yards and roofing suppliers.
- Build upon and foster relationships with both existing and new customer partners
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize sales opportunities, develop recommendations and execute sales plans
- New business development: Conduct cold calls, online searches, prequalify, source quotation opportunities
- Sales reporting: Provide regular communication with emphasis on customer calls including action & follow up plans and competitive activities.
- Provide product knowledge training in formal / informal settings
- Attend trade shows and contractor events, professionally representing company
- Work cross functionally with customer service and operations team members
Required Skills, Qualities and Abilities:
- University Degree / College Diploma
- Building materials and/or roofing industry experience is a desirable asset
- Ability to learn quickly, excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport in a variety of settings
- Self-starter who has a demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently without supervision, and effective territory and time management skills. You go the extra mile.
- Team player with an entrepreneurial spirit, driven, and enjoy a challenge
- Excellent written and live presentation skills
- Computer proficiency is required (Powerpoint, Excel, Word, Outlook)
- You like to win!
We offer a competitive compensation package which includes salary, bonus, car allowance, and benefits.