COLUMBIA INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE

COLUMBIA INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Multicultural experience
Youth Worker - Residence Night Monitor (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 20, 2014
I have been working for the past year as a Residence Night Monitor (Youth Worker) in the largest Boy's Residence currently in operation by C.I.C. We have nearly 400 International students (in our residence) under our care. C.I.C'.s motto is 'To treat each student as one of our own', and our staff strive each day to apply this standard in all our undertakings.

During – more... my tenure in this position, I have had the opportunity to gain experience working with youth; ensuring that they have access to a secure and stable environment in which their Academic, Social, Emotional, and Physical well-being is maintained.

Through this job, one will soon gain added experience in handling situations with tact and diplomacy. – less
RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN
Campus so urity (Former Employee), Main street campusNovember 11, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: once a month pay
This place is a terrible company to work for. Can't complain about the students because they are students but everything else is horrible. The students are more important than the staff and they tell you that on day one because it's a business more than a school and will fire you at the first complaint. If you do still want to work there get really – more... good at budgeting your money, they pay next to minimum wage and neglect to tell you they pay you once a month on the last day of the month which they finally tell you after you've finished your orientation and have to wait at least 2 months for a paycheck. Last thing, kiss your social life goodbye be abuse the schedules make no sense 7-6, 11-7:30,and they get worse. Anyways don't work here you will regret it. – less
It was a great company to work for
Tutor (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 23, 2014
A typical day at work was great. Well organized. 10-15 students per day
Terrific Kids, Terrible Company
Residence (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 23, 2014
Pros: free food in the residence because you are not allowed to leave
Cons: the students think its prison- the staff see that it is.
No Job/Life balance
No encouragement
Nightmare!
decent job on average
Residence Chaperone Seasonal (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 16, 2014
my typical day at work include two shift (morning and night). I was required to supervise students while they are transport to school. the night shift requires me to supervise students until they're curfew.

Because of these job, I have gained valuable leadership experiences as well as improve my skills in problem solving and relationship management.

My – more... co-workers were friendly and great in all aspects

The hardest part of the job was organization. The schedule constantly changed which means I must extremely flexible in terms of availability

The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to interact with people from all over the world. – less
Normalized private High School over 30 years
Schedule Coordinator Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 14, 2013
This was a part-time job in summer. The HR office hired some new employees for serving the summer campers. My work was assisting my leader to create the working shifts for all the employees by using excel and adjust the shifts on their special requirement.
The hardest part of my job was how to face to the emergency and balance the time of all their – more... shifts. Sometimes, the employee could not go their shifts on time or some of them think it was unfair for them to get less time of shifts than others. So, I had to report all these situations to my leader first and tried to help him find the best way to figure them out. After updating the shifts schedule, I had to explain them the reason that we think it was the best way to make all them happy. Because, usually, their efficiency is depends on their feeling of happiness. – less
Top private boarding school