COLUMBIA INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE

COLUMBIA INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to work with helpful staff and good management
Residence Advisor (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 16, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Good working place with good culture. Staff are helping and management is good. Fun place to work, less stress.

working with youth in residence and providing security, safety identification of problems and help students solving those issues and problems.
volunteer job
college store assistant (Former Employee), hamiltonApril 28, 2015
it was a good job because I volunteered when I was a student there to help with the services they provided there and to get used to people from different backgrounds and help them get what they came to get at the college store.
Good school
nothing hard for capable
nothing sepcial
It's amazing place.
Terry Fox Run volunteer (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONDecember 23, 2014
I love this school so much. It is so ulticultural. Nowhere I felt such a possitive and unusual atmosphere!
Multicultural experience
Youth Worker - Residence Night Monitor (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 20, 2014
I have been working for the past year as a Residence Night Monitor (Youth Worker) in the largest Boy's Residence currently in operation by C.I.C. We have nearly 400 International students (in our residence) under our care. C.I.C'.s motto is 'To treat each student as one of our own', and our staff strive each day to apply this standard in all our undertakings.

During my tenure in this position, I have had the opportunity to gain experience working with youth; ensuring that they have access to a secure and stable environment in which their Academic, Social, Emotional, and Physical well-being is maintained.

Through this job, one will soon gain added experience in handling situations with tact and diplomacy.
RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN
Campus so urity (Former Employee), Main street campusNovember 11, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: once a month pay
This place is a terrible company to work for. Can't complain about the students because they are students but everything else is horrible. The students are more important than the staff and they tell you that on day one because it's a business more than a school and will fire you at the first complaint. If you do still want to work there get really good at budgeting your money, they pay next to minimum wage and neglect to tell you they pay you once a month on the last day of the month which they finally tell you after you've finished your orientation and have to wait at least 2 months for a paycheck. Last thing, kiss your social life goodbye be abuse the schedules make no sense 7-6, 11-7:30,and they get worse. Anyways don't work here you will regret it.
It was a great company to work for
Tutor (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 23, 2014
A typical day at work was great. Well organized. 10-15 students per day
Terrific Kids, Terrible Company
Residence (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 23, 2014
Pros: free food in the residence because you are not allowed to leave
Cons: the students think its prison- the staff see that it is.
No Job/Life balance
No consideration for staff
No set schedules
No seniority
No incentives
No encouragement
Nightmare!
lively environment with a very diverse culture
Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 22, 2013
Working as a team with students who have come from all over the world, Columbia provides a great work environment. You learn about many different backgrounds and cultures and develop sound relationships that last for a life time.
Normalized private High School over 30 years
Schedule Coordinator Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 14, 2013
This was a part-time job in summer. The HR office hired some new employees for serving the summer campers. My work was assisting my leader to create the working shifts for all the employees by using excel and adjust the shifts on their special requirement.
The hardest part of my job was how to face to the emergency and balance the time of all their shifts. Sometimes, the employee could not go their shifts on time or some of them think it was unfair for them to get less time of shifts than others. So, I had to report all these situations to my leader first and tried to help him find the best way to figure them out. After updating the shifts schedule, I had to explain them the reason that we think it was the best way to make all them happy. Because, usually, their efficiency is depends on their feeling of happiness.
Top private boarding school