The Datacenter Technician is responsible for the daily operations and maintenance of the Datacenter. Performs or delegates all tasks associated with the installation, acceptance and maintenance of a variety of Telecommunication equipment. Responsibilities range from installation of cabinets, equipment, cross-connects, power circuits, performing remote hands requests, and managing vendor maintenance of all critical infrastructure equipment. Project installation, testing and troubleshooting of Telecommunication infrastructure components including but not limited to Ladder rack, Fibre Guide, MDF, IDF, switches, routers and related cabling.
151 Front Street West
Toronto, Ontario M5J 2N1
COMPANY INDUSTRY: Telecommunications
JOB ROLE: Telecom Installation and Maintenance
JOINING DATE: As soon as possible
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Non-Exempt
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time
COMPENSATION: Hourly Rate Negotiable
MANAGES OTHERS: Vendors and contractors
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Data Center Operations
- Expert working knowledge of copper (UTP, Cat5e, Cat6, Cat6a) and fiber optic media types, (MMF, SMF, 50 micron, 62.5 micron), industry standards and applications, and use cases (e.g., Ethernet, Fibre Channel, SONET, TDM).
- Installs, provisions, tests, and maintains DS0 thru OC12 services, and equipment in support of network and customer requirements. Diagnoses, troubleshoots and repairs customer and network circuits
- Install cable runs, patch panels and cross connects. Performs cable lacing as per the Datacenter standards
- Significant hands-on experience with the installation of both copper and fiber media types.
- Expert working knowledge with cable testing systems to ensure operational integrity (pre/post installation).
- Expert working knowledge of troubleshooting both copper and fiber cable media. (e.g., dB loss, Attenuation, Breaks, Termination Problems, Transmission Characteristics).
- Working knowledge of Fluke test equipment.
- Understanding of network layouts, Cisco hardware and layer 1 topologies.
- Working knowledge with Data Center Network Hardware (Ethernet, Fibre Channel interfaces).
- Working knowledge of pertinent ISO Standards associated with Data Center Cable Infrastructure including ANSI-942, ANSI-568.
- Expert working knowledge with Cable Management Systems (e.g., Cabinet, Ladder Rack, Iron Work, Cable Sewing).
- Significant hand-on experience with the installation of -48V DC power.
- Excellent customer service skills are a must.
- Execute customers’ support requests ranging from server reboot to complex telecommunication equipment troubleshooting and updates order management system
- Responsible to lead the troubleshooting process and repairs in case of events or equipment failure. Makes recommendations to prevent reoccurrence of such events
- Registers customers and maintains SAE-16 security controls
- Monitors and responds to security, environmental, equipment monitoring systems
- Takes readings off of equipment (Electrical and Cooling) and maintains the related reports
- Manage and track capacity of MMR, MDF, IDF, patch panels and cables.
- Maintain detailed site documentation of customer cross-connects and power circuits
- Interacts with different organizations, customers, vendors, contractors, and building management to provide a high level of customer satisfaction
- Participate in regular facilities audits
- Participate in facilities post incident reviews as required
- Available for 7/24 support and flexible shift scheduling
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in similar critical facilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Telecommunication, work experience considered in lieu of degree
- AMP ACT I & ACT II Certified
- Electrical certifications a plus
- Needs to have functional knowledge of Inside Plant (ISP) disciplines; fibre optic and electrical cabling, labeling and lacing conforming to Telecom industry standards. Strong technical and mechanical background with experience on the latest generation transport gear, critical infrastructure (Generators, HVAC systems, high-voltage electrical systems, DC Power Plants, etc.) found in Telecommunications facilities.
- Knowledge of VISIO, MS Office
- Analytical troubleshooting
- Ability to follow specified policies and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast paced 24*7 environment
- Autonomous with team spirit