Collins Barrow Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Great place to learn but mostly learn-as-you go approach with minimal training
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 19, 2016
As expected, hours during busy season are long. There are a minimum amount of hours that you have to bill during this season, so it becomes very stressful at times. Turnover at the firm is extremely high. Expectations of staff are very high as well and the company provides close to no training. The pay is also well below average for a large public accounting firm. However, colleagues are amazing. Almost everyone is on the same boat, so the environment is friendly at that level, which is very important when you're working long hours.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Long hours & no banking of hours (for the location I'm at)
Peterborough office --> Overworked, underpaid, and fired after busy season
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  PeterboroughMay 6, 2013
In the Peterborough office, no one schedules work. So the typical day is begging partners for work. If you aren't one of their favourites, then you won't get a lot of jobs, and in turn will be fired once the busy season is over. I've seen it happen to so many people, including myself.

The partners are unprofessional and extremely rude. They will talk behind your back and make jokes about you when you aren't around. I can't believe how some of those people are partners. The office morale is terrible. People are just counting down the days to get out of there.

Very low paying, like SERIOUSLY low paying. And the health plan is bad, there isn't even a dental plan.

I've worked in other firms and Collins Barrows Kawarthas was BY FAR the WORST place ever, even by audit firm standards.

I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. They will lie and say anything to get you to relocate to Peterborough. They provide no training, even though they promise so much of it.

Complete waste of time.
Pros
free lunch in out of town jobs
Cons
long hours, low pay, will be fired after busy season, unprofessional partners, crazy gossip

1.3