colliers international

colliers international Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great people, great company to work for
Commercial Real Estate Broker (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 3, 2013
• Represent major corporations as advisor on Real Estate matters such as acquisition/disposition of property, leasing of office space, valuation and project management on a regional, national and international basis.
Nice place
Chief/Mobile Engineer (Current Employee), Baltimore areaJune 27, 2013
Good Job. Very good supervisor. Nice trucks. Good Company.
Love the employees
Facilities Manager (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJMay 13, 2013
Pros: meet new people
Cons: travel
I manage 330 properties 24/7. I am the operations and financials. Like the heart and lungs to the body. I love my job and I am dedicated to the team.
coporate real estate culture
Senior Designer (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 13, 2013
Good place to work. Make friends with people you work with.

Standard corporate culture.
Greatly enjoyed the challenge and senior executive management team
SENIOR MANAGING DIRECTOR (Former Employee), Portland & San FranciscoApril 25, 2013
Selected by North American President of this $2B, top-3-industry-ranking company to accelerate market expansion, grow top-line revenues and turn around 2 unprofitable sales organizations. Accepted leadership charter over multi-state sales teams with 75 associates while navigating the strategic direction of corporate commercial real estate services across – more... Oregon and California. Held P&L, HR, general management, marketing, R&D, vendor management and regulatory/legal accountability for a $25M division while driving operational performance improvements.
• Boosted average sales production per person by 55% in 2 years with a cross-group sales team strategy.
• Sparked 2% market share gain within 18 months by building responsive, interdisciplinary sales performers and embedding consultative sales training into the culture.
• Cut 43% in variable expenses and 8% in fixed expenses with new cost controls and rationalization of operational redundancies.
• Single-handedly converted 2 non-profitable sales offices into prolific sales machines.
• Received North America Leadership Award for outstanding sales leadership and instrumental role in market expansion. – less
Great internship
Real Estate Intern (Former Employee), La Jolla, CAApril 2, 2013
It was a fun time while I interned. The brokers I worked with were intelligent and taught me some valuable skills
Productive and fun work environment
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee), Roseville, CAMarch 11, 2013
Pros: fun work environment
co-workers were great, managers were great. Lots of learning and education.
I felt very disconnected
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 3, 2013
Pros: freedom to do my job without interference
Cons: boring
Did not even know who the chain of command is.
Very rarely talked to my supervisor
Was a very boring job.
small company under a large umbrella
chief engineer (Current Employee), miamiFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: contacts
Cons: direction
A brief conversation with security and staff in the morning about the night prior and the day yet to come. This would include everything from equipment operation and or repair to visitor/customer complaints. I learned a great deal about court procedure when dealing with zoning issue's for residential properties. The direction of management unclear to – more... all brought out the best in most of my co-workers and allowed them to fully exercise their skills. The hardest part of the job was to complete 16 hours of work in 8 hours.....without overtime. Being able to do this day after day no matter what. Priceless. – less
Great place for the most part
U.S. IT Operations support lead (Former Employee), Seattle, WAFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: celebrations with food just because
Cons: i can count on half a hand the amount of times the cio spoke with me.
They treated the employees well, did a lot of things to show appreciation with monthly birthday celebrations and anniversary celebrations. I really liked coming to this office every day.
A good first job but no room for growth
Research Analyst (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: good work environment
Cons: pay, no growth opportunities unless i wanted to become a broker
A typical day of work was responding to ad hoc requests from my brokers for information in our databases or for information online. I also spent a lot of time cleaning data and writing reports.

Management was very relaxed day to day but demanded more productivity quarter to quarter.

My co-workers and I were generally cut from a different cloth, but – more... we got along well. My co-workers were rarely a distraction or a disturbance, but rather were very helpful if I needed.

The hardest part of the job was juggling so many tasks all at once.

The most enjoyable part of the job was completing the quarterly reports. I took a lot of pride in those as the brokers and other brokerage houses said they were the best in Columbus. – less
Work hard, play hard attitude.
Credit Control & Sales Ledger Manager (Former Employee), London West endJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: able to work from home if required. benefits
I started at this company 10 years ago and built the Credit Control structure as there was't one in place. Over the years I grew my team to a team of 5. We worked extremely hard but had fun whilst doing so.
I loved working for Colliers
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 27, 2012
Such a fascinating field with lots to learn. Great, ambitious people with tons of energy and innovative ideas.
Highly unprofessional
Real Estate (Current Employee), Seattle,WANovember 18, 2012
I had the worst experience mainly because they are highly unprofessional here. They are very high strung people here who flip out on minor things and snobby people who think they are high society. There are much better places to work, please don't apply and interview with these fools!!!
Awesome opportunities
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Fairfield, CASeptember 30, 2012
Pros: bosses were generous with time and training
Cons: limited advancement
This company offers a lot of variety in job position with freedom to grow within your position. However there isn't really advancement. Large company with smaller satelite offices. I learned A LOT here and staff is very willing to teach/train on anything. I developed from an Administrative Assistant and learned a little about marketing, and research – more... and development. Co-workers were few and for the most part all got a long. The hardest part of the job was that as I learned and took on more responsibilities, I didn't always get recognized or compensated being that it is in real estate and funding was questionable – less
Dysfunctional Company
Engineering (Current Employee), SacramentoSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: pay
Cons: management, hr, corporate
Colliers Management Company at the Calpers headquartes is run by some of the most dysfunctional, vengeful people i've ever worked with. This site is supposedly the crown jewel of the Collier's Properties and for being such a important property Collier's International lets it be run by people that have no clue on how to manage people. Engineering, Security – more... and the front office is a mess. Management have one set of rules and blatantly rub it in the faces of their employees. Taking long breaks/lunches, stealing company time by taking care of personal business(including being paid OT to do it), micromanaging, harassing it's employees. Engineering department has become quite the mess and is ran by a tyrant who changes rules daily to serve his needs, tells his employees that his time is his time and he doesn't want to be bothered on his time, tells his employees he can barely dress himself let alone make decisions. In the 5 years since he's started working at Colliers 11 people have left a job that people make a career at most sites, prior to him only 3 people had left the department in the 20 years the building has been open. This is one of the most dysfunctional places to work and most employees are stressed because of it. Most people are on edge and in fear of being written up or fired. Attempts have been made with corporate and human resources to fix the problems at the building with management and most issues get covered up and swept under the rug.
If you're desperate for a job or like working for a manager who is vengeful, unsupportive, can't make a decision, harrasses people, and has no clue what he is doing feel free to apply. – less

October 17, 2012

AGREED! STAY AWAY!

Co-workers have a good sense of humor with each other.
Property Administrator - 2010 to Present (Current Employee), Stamford, CTSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: fairly relaxed.
Cons: no raises.
Busy at times, slow at others, depending on the economy and how brave investors are about buying property, or tenants are about leasing new office space. Management is fairly non-existent in the CT office, which is the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is that no one is watching the clock.
Horrible place to work
Building Maintenance (Current Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 12, 2012
Pros: the location of the property
Cons: bad managment, high stress
If you like working in an environment where you have multiple managers and every one of them has a God complex then this is the place for you. A typical day working for Colliers includes things like backstabbing, unnecessary write ups, hypocrisy, and childish behavior. Even though you have a set shift be prepared for multiple shift changes do to business – more... need and don't expect to be paid overtime. Working for Colliers you will learn how to deal with being belittled everyday and not getting an answer for questions. When you do make a descision it will always be the wrong one. If you are out of work I would only use this job until something better comes along otherwise stay away from this kind of hostile work environment. – less

October 17, 2012

AGREED!! HORRIBLE! MANAGEMENT IS THE WOST.

Stay away
Maintenance (Former Employee), SacramentoSeptember 9, 2012
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: poor management, harassment, hypocrisy
Great job If you don't mind being lowest on seniority and picking up all of the sick leave and vacation requests changing your shift to work grave and or swing shifts all the time. Hope u like being micro managed.  Better have thick skin and able to work in a high stress environment. If you enjoy working for people who have no clue how to manage people – more... or an hr department that doesnt think that business ethics are important. Enjoy having 5 bosses who change priorities day by day and enjoy being hypocritical. If you are not out of work right now or on minimum wage this is the job for you!  – less
NYC Corporate Real Estate
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: easy access from grand central
Cons: long hours
~ Extremely fast-paced atmosphere
~ Workload is different every day
~ Worked directly for Tri-State Executive Chairman
~ Co-workers become more like family due to time spent with them
~ Long hours and sometimes tedious projects
~ NYC...loved everything about it.

About colliers international

Colliers Macaulay Nicolls, or CMN International, is the largest member of Colliers International's global network of affiliated – Read more

colliers international Photos