Colliers International Employee Reviews

Long hours with small amount of managment
Senior Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary AB14 September 2015
The job I held was working on every area of the building, working from side walk to the the top of the building. Curb to heaven.
Property Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 May 2015
This company gave me my head start. They opened the doors of commercial property management for me and I haven't looked back.
Building Operator in a high paced enviornment
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 April 2015
Respond to tenant orders in a timely and responsible manner, with follow up when necessary. Take care updating and maintaining a large mall complex with two 6 floor towers, two hertiage schools with a mall between them. My supervisor is tentative and understanding when I approach him with issues involving work. My co-workers and I work cohesivley together to accomplish tasks in a timely matter. Ensuring and prioritizing multipe jobs that are being performed at the same time are all completed by days end. I truly enjoy my interaction with the tenants in the building, outside contractors and the clients coming into the mall which gives me great pleasure.
Pros
Tenant Interaction
Cons
Work Volume
Fun to work
Concierge Security Officer - (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2015
I have been working with people for more than 10 years. In that time I have gained a strong and distinct understanding of how to forge lasting relationships with them, and to really understand what they're looking for. Using my insight has enabled me to fully assess what talent companies really need. This has resulted in allowing me to source candidates using highly effective techniques and match them to the right company for immediate and long-term success.
Pros
People are appreciating
Cons
Too quite sometimes
Colliers Intern
Data Associate Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 January 2015
Typical Day: Building( office and Industrial) Walks, Searching tenant information, Calling Tenants, inputting data into the CRM

Hardest Part: learning to use the CRM

Most enjoyable part: The people and overall culture
Queit place with positive people
Internship Student (Administrative Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 October 2014
I was an internship student at Colliers International. I worked on several environmental related projects for the building and company itself. The people there are very nice and helpful but at the same time they are work driven.
Pros
office environment, helpful
Cons
little to none interaction among others
Assisted the General Manager with the preparation of monthly management reports, memorandum of understanding, Sub-lease agreement and summary sublease
EXECUTIVE SECRETARY / LEASING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  UAE30 September 2014
I was responsible on a daily basis for ensuring the smooth operation of the management office and administrative functions as well providing administrative support to the Corporation Executive Directors. I have coordinated links all departments together for the smooth running of the office and coordinated with groups within the business to ensure the implementation of new programs and policies
Excellent workplace
Marketing Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 September 2014
Creative, busy and demanding, great company culture and benefits.
Pros
Benefits and company culture
Fast paced and energetic work environment
People Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver17 February 2014
There is no such thing as a "typical day" at Colliers as everyday is very eventful. There is a lot of opportunity to learn.
Commercial Real Estate
Client Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 December 2013
Excellent opportunity to learn various aspects of the business

Want to know more about Colliers International?

Ask a question
Highly competitive internal/external environment
Property Management (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 November 2013
fast paced
lots of politics and internal political maneuvering
secretive moody management
if you are young and beautiful you will do well
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
backbiters and office politics
Good people,great job satisfaction.
Service technician /facility services (Former Employee) –  Parkdale area8 May 2013
As a full- time / part time (5 hours per day) I was first in, checking that all systems were functioning and areas were secure,clean and well lit. Responded to any requests ,from the client, concerning their health, safety, or general comfort, and the running of the entire facility (HVAC, plumbing, landscaping,parking,housekeeping).
as well as being on 24/7 call.
The staff and management of the building were all professionals with a dedication to their clients that I found quite refreshing. It was often difficult to see the clients in such need and uplifting in the staff's ability to ease these peoples navigation of the social walfare system.
Pros
Great people
Cons
The 24/7 calls were sometimes very inconvient, but always attended to.
Poor management - STAY AWAY
Annonymous (Former Employee) –  Annonymous19 December 2012
Under new management - no care for employees, you will become a number and dispensible in a second. Corporate and local managers have no people skills, Human Resources have no care for people but their own success.
Cons
bad environment, poor management.
Great social aspect with a focus on hard work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 November 2012
Greeting clients etc and direct calls to appropriate people
I've learned a lot about Commercial real estate and Corporate lifestyle
We have new management
I love my co workers, they are hard working, really fun people
hardest part of this job is sitting in one place all day and having unhappy clients yell at me.
Is seeing people happy and having a hand in it
Pros
great social times
Cons
nepatism
Remote outpost with few IT staff - excellent location and conditions
SENIOR REPORTS DEVELOPER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2012
Colliers Corporate IT has a few people in the Toronto office. Seattle, the corporate head office, has the bulk of IT staff. It's a very relaxed environment with practically no supervisors on site, but all the staff are seasoned IT professionals who manage themselves. Colliers is a global company and therefore I had to work with people in India and Hong Kong. Sometimes the differences in time zones are a bit challenging, but overall, it's an excellent place to work.
Pros
releaxed atmosphere