colliers international

colliers international Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun place to work
Construction Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, VADecember 12, 2013
Pros: independence
Cons: subject to corporate decisions of one client.
Work can range from responding to lost keys, vandalism, and fire alarms to graffiti removal, retention pond clean out and snow removal.
A Great Summer Experience
o Market Research Summer Intern (Former Employee), Reno, NVDecember 2, 2013
A typical day at work included working on Spreadsheets that involved statistics and research involving the current market in Northern Nevada. I also answered phone calls from perspective and current clients, and reported all information found to Senior Management. I learned a lot about working with Excel and about dealing with customers on a daily basis, – more... and learned to present information to management. – less
Great Place to work
Broker for Gallelli Investment Team (Former Employee), Roseville, CANovember 21, 2013
I spent 10 years at Colliers and enjoyed all of it. I gained experience selling multifamily investments. Our average property deal was probably around 150 units.
A very good place and environment to work at.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAOctober 24, 2013
Since I've worked for the company it has been very positive. I've learned a great deal from working here. Colliers has up to date security systems that has advanced my knowledge as a security officer. The people are great and the management is even better.
Interior Design
Commercial Leasing Specialist (Former Employee), Little Rock, AROctober 21, 2013
Pros: meeting people
Cons: mean clients
Busy.
Alot about demanding clients.
Interesting.
Love them all.
Demanding clients.
Interior design. Shopping.
Fun and Busy Workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Irvine, CASeptember 25, 2013
Pros: fun environment
Cons: short staffed
Great place to work with great people. I learned how to Draw up Legal documents. The management is okay; there is one person that should not be called a manager.
3 beautiful buildings with a great cafe, gym, and plenty of parking space
Security Officer (Former Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 21, 2013
Pros: great facility
Cons: dealing with management
A great place to work, typical day there was evterior patrols, written reports, checking badges.
worst place to be
"engineer" i guess... (Current Employee), chicagoSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: union
Cons: the list goes on
Do you like not having a company vehicle and having people tell you to use your own as a moble shop? Do you like to clean bugs and toilets? Do you like to spend your own time responding to emails for the companies gain? Do you have experience working on hundred thousand dollar equipment that you don't want to use because they contract that work out, – more... all of it? Then come work here because we know you want to beat the hell out of your own vehicle, clean poopers, and expect act like an independent Janitor contractor! Not an actual trained union operating engineer. And make sure the toilets are clean and the self worth is low. – less
I need a change
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Accounts DepartmentSeptember 16, 2013
(Colliers International is a worldwide affiliation of independently owned and operated companies, Delivering creative Real Estate Solutions in over 250 cities worldwide. Services include: property & asset management; leasing; corporate advisory; development consultancy; valuations, market & feasibility studies; investment and fund management as well – more... as a specialist retail consultancy division.)
Designation – Senior Accountant
Responsibilities:
 Assists the Financial Controller to prepare Financial Statements, Reports of operations, Expenditure Reports and other information concerning financial requirements. Assists in gathering and reviewing data for preparation of budget work programs.
 Preparation of Cash Flow for Colliers Dubai & Abu Dhabi.
 In charge of Accounts Receivables of the company, reviews and processes sales invoices and other fiscal documents for collection, managing Receivables and Liaison with Debtors and providing assistance whenever it is needed and thereby maintaining good customer relationship etc.
 Bank Reconciliation and Monitor Online Banking on daily basis.
 Maintains and Reconcile inter-company accounts for the Colliers Dubai & Abu Dhabi offices.
 Maintains good Relationship with Banks, Suppliers and Corporate Customers etc.
 Monitor & Controls Routine Accounts operations related to Receivables, Payables, Staff Payroll and General Ledger etc.
 Prepare the monthly payroll for the Colliers Dubai & Abu Dhabi offices.
 Assist the Accounts Payables section of the company to review and process expense vouchers, invoices and other fiscal documents for payment specially when the concerned person is on leave or vacation.
 Responsible for the calculation of staff commissions on monthly basis for the concerned projects or individual deals.
 Liaison with Auditors, Actively involves in the Auditing, Preparation of Schedules (par with KPMG Standards) in support of Income Statement, Balance Sheet. Obtain Balance Confirmations from Banks, Creditors & Debtors etc. – less
Productive and Fun environment
Executive- Office Services (Former Employee), Bangalore, KASeptember 12, 2013
A very good working environment with productive work. Management is very supportive in professional growth by providing educational tools. Its the best place to work on the floor.
Great Place with Many Learning Opportunities
Sales Intern (Current Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 29, 2013
At Colliers I was able to immerse myself in the commercial real estate market, and was able to learn a great deal from the brokers.
Productive and Innovative
Mortgage Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 23, 2013
Pros: salary, location, parking, 401k
Cons: opportunity for advancement
Colliers is a very innovative place to work. I manage a portfolio of more than $580 million in loan volume for 17 Life Insurance Correspondent Lenders.

I am responsible for assisting the Closing Coordinator with loan closings through and after funding, preparing escrow analysis for
new loan closing, collecting and remitting loan payments to the Lenders – more... per the servicing agreement, paying and monitoring
insurance invoices and real estate taxes for servicing portfolios, managing loss drafts, mediating the process between Brokers,
Lenders and Borrowers on Assumptions and Loan Restructures, preparing year-end statements annually, preparing payoff
statements and subsequent satisfaction documents, and performing Notary duties for real estate documents, when required.

Having over 17 years of Capital Markets/ Mortgage Servicing Experience as a Real Estate Professional, I have come to realize that every transaction, telephone call or email conversation is an opportunity for me to add value to Colliers mission of providing the optimum client experience. Realizing that every day is different, I'm up for a challenge to thrive in the excitement that this multifaceted organization has to offer.

The hardest part of my job would be educating the Borrower's on the importance of the Lender insurance policy requirements. Because of the rising cost of insurance, many Borrowers opt to get the required coverage’s, which can make my job very challenging.

The most enjoyable part of my job is having the ability to work with a privilege of working with some of the greatest people in the commercial real estate profession. Every day I am able to deliver a quality product to my Lenders, Borrowers, Brokers and Vendors. I have a strong work ethic and am able to balance multiple tasks on a daily basis.

I am always willing to do that extra mile to get the job done. – less
Multifamily Real Estate
Marketing/Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 9, 2013
Support a team of three senior level professionals that specialize in the evaluation, marketing, acquisition and disposition
of multifamily properties and portfolios throughout the southwest. Manage and coordinate the team's marketing activities,
including both print and electronic property marketing, offering memoranda, proposals and presentations. – more... Gather due diligence
information, underwrite current and proforma operations and compose analysis for each specific property and surrounding area.
Work closely with Colliers' research and mapping departments to provide the team and clients with in-depth market knowledge.
Maintain property activity reports, the team's marketing database and website. Evaluated over 250 properties (50,000+/- units)
and closed 35 transactions in 2012. – less
Great place to start a career
Business Development Specialist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 1, 2013
Pros: work environment
Cons: compensation
This is a place to really get into the real estate business. Your involved in so much and you get paid very well for completing a deal for a client.
Great people, great company to work for
Commercial Real Estate Broker (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 3, 2013
• Represent major corporations as advisor on Real Estate matters such as acquisition/disposition of property, leasing of office space, valuation and project management on a regional, national and international basis.
Nice place
Chief/Mobile Engineer (Current Employee), Baltimore areaJune 27, 2013
Good Job. Very good supervisor. Nice trucks. Good Company.
Love the employees
Facilities Manager (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJMay 13, 2013
Pros: meet new people
Cons: travel
I manage 330 properties 24/7. I am the operations and financials. Like the heart and lungs to the body. I love my job and I am dedicated to the team.
coporate real estate culture
Senior Designer (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 13, 2013
Good place to work. Make friends with people you work with.

Standard corporate culture.
Greatly enjoyed the challenge and senior executive management team
SENIOR MANAGING DIRECTOR (Former Employee), Portland & San FranciscoApril 25, 2013
Selected by North American President of this $2B, top-3-industry-ranking company to accelerate market expansion, grow top-line revenues and turn around 2 unprofitable sales organizations. Accepted leadership charter over multi-state sales teams with 75 associates while navigating the strategic direction of corporate commercial real estate services across – more... Oregon and California. Held P&L, HR, general management, marketing, R&D, vendor management and regulatory/legal accountability for a $25M division while driving operational performance improvements.
• Boosted average sales production per person by 55% in 2 years with a cross-group sales team strategy.
• Sparked 2% market share gain within 18 months by building responsive, interdisciplinary sales performers and embedding consultative sales training into the culture.
• Cut 43% in variable expenses and 8% in fixed expenses with new cost controls and rationalization of operational redundancies.
• Single-handedly converted 2 non-profitable sales offices into prolific sales machines.
• Received North America Leadership Award for outstanding sales leadership and instrumental role in market expansion. – less
Great internship
Real Estate Intern (Former Employee), La Jolla, CAApril 2, 2013
It was a fun time while I interned. The brokers I worked with were intelligent and taught me some valuable skills

About colliers international

Colliers Macaulay Nicolls, or CMN International, is the largest member of Colliers International's global network of affiliated – Read more

colliers international Photos