colliers international

colliers international Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced and energetic work environment
People Services Coordinator (Former Employee), VancouverFebruary 17, 2014
There is no such thing as a "typical day" at Colliers as everyday is very eventful. There is a lot of opportunity to learn.
Commercial Real Estate
Client Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 3, 2013
Excellent opportunity to learn various aspects of the business
Highly competitive internal/external environment
Property Management (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 4, 2013
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: backbiters and office politics
fast paced
lots of politics and internal political maneuvering
secretive moody management
if you are young and beautiful you will do well
Good people,great job satisfaction.
Service technician /facility services (Former Employee), Parkdale areaMay 8, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: the 24/7 calls were sometimes very inconvient, but always attended to.
As a full- time / part time (5 hours per day) I was first in, checking that all systems were functioning and areas were secure,clean and well lit. Responded to any requests ,from the client, concerning their health, safety, or general comfort, and the running of the entire facility (HVAC, plumbing, landscaping,parking,housekeeping).
as well as being – more... on 24/7 call.
The staff and management of the building were all professionals with a dedication to their clients that I found quite refreshing. It was often difficult to see the clients in such need and uplifting in the staff's ability to ease these peoples navigation of the social walfare system. – less
Poor management - STAY AWAY
Annonymous (Former Employee), AnnonymousDecember 19, 2012
Cons: bad environment, poor management.
Under new management - no care for employees, you will become a number and dispensible in a second. Corporate and local managers have no people skills, Human Resources have no care for people but their own success.
Great social aspect with a focus on hard work
Receptionist (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 21, 2012
Pros: great social times
Cons: nepatism
Greeting clients etc and direct calls to appropriate people
I've learned a lot about Commercial real estate and Corporate lifestyle
We have new management
I love my co workers, they are hard working, really fun people
hardest part of this job is sitting in one place all day and having unhappy clients yell at me.
Is seeing people happy and having a hand – more... in it – less
Remote outpost with few IT staff - excellent location and conditions
SENIOR REPORTS DEVELOPER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 8, 2012
Pros: releaxed atmosphere
Colliers Corporate IT has a few people in the Toronto office. Seattle, the corporate head office, has the bulk of IT staff. It's a very relaxed environment with practically no supervisors on site, but all the staff are seasoned IT professionals who manage themselves. Colliers is a global company and therefore I had to work with people in India and Hong – more... Kong. Sometimes the differences in time zones are a bit challenging, but overall, it's an excellent place to work. – less
Fast paced environment, but very rewarding.
Maintenance Technician Assistant (Former Employee), Maryland HeightsJuly 29, 2014
Pros: birthday recognitions/ good laughs.
Cons: tenants with negative personalities.
A typical day for our day to day activities begins with going over work request, prioritizing them for proper order. I learned a great deal from the engineers who took the time to work with you until you had mastered the job that you were learning. Our management team was fair and impartial. Co- workers were easy to work with making the atmosphere of – more... our co a very inviting one. The hardest part of the job was meeting a deadline on a project, while other mechanical break downs would interrupt your timeline. I would say the most enjoyable part of the job would be the friendships and trust that was formed in our long tenures together. – less
Challenging and high paced work environment
Intern (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 23, 2014
Colliers International is a great place to work I have learn a lot about real estate from my experience with this firm.
Good work Culture
Manager, Valuations and Advisory Services (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHMay 4, 2014
Pros: work culture
Cons: salary
A company which understands an employee better. Colliers international has a good work culture and perfect atmosphere for employees. It gives an opportunity for people even at the junior level to grow up the ladder.
A great work environment
Research Analyst Intern (Current Employee), Kalamazoo,MIApril 24, 2014
A great place that has a proactive corporate culture that promotes collaboration and teamwork.
I worked as an Administrative Assistant at 3 commercial buildings assisting the property Manager.
Admin Asst/Asst Prop. Mgr. (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 22, 2014
Pros: terrific working conditions and good compensation package.
Cons: commercial building porfolios are subject to acquisition.
Our buildings were transitioned to Reit Management where they offered me my current position from Colliers International. My work history is 10 plus years concurrent.
Great company
Property Accountant (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 15, 2014
Wonderful company to work for. Good people good management. The company treats employees well and the benefit's aren't bad they are slightly under the pay scale but they make up for it in the environment.
Professional environment with laid-back feel
Administrative Assistant / Office Manager (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIApril 10, 2014
Based out of their Ann Arbor office, I was responsible for daily operational and administrative functions for entire office and up to 5 Real Estate brokers.
Challenging work
Mechanical Supervisor (Current Employee), Davao City,March 17, 2014
Pros: supply of ppe
Cons: health care, overtime, 13month etc
Colliers International company is big contractor company in Oil / Gas here in Philippines specially in Chevron Terminal depot, my work is mechanical Supervisor I have a team technician to do work for checking of equipment specially in static and stationary equipment inside the plant.
I learned more works inside the terminal specially in terms of safety – more... measured.to do hot works, confined space of vertical tank and horizontal tank for product.
The management is very concerned to their worker like they giving good benefits.
the hardest part of my job is if the team have near loss incident of their work I need to defend and to proved to the management that they doing in right job.
If the management call me to congratulate regarding the team have a good job. – less
Productive and positive work environment
Assistant to the Executive Director (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 11, 2014
Colliers International provides a productive and positive work environment, has great benefits and fair wages.

My position with Colliers International was as the Executive assistant to the Advanced Technology Real Estate Group were I provided administrative support to the Executive director and his team. I took great pleasure in watching this small – more... but productive team grow into a profitable group. – less
Entrepreneurial culture, community involvement, fast paced environment
Vice President (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, freedom, self-motivated
Cons: 100% commission
Everyday was different due to the nature of the commercial real estate industry. We focused on leasing, asset manager cumulative duties. High transaction based, so needing to be communicative, articulate, and a willingness to be available to get deals across the finish line are important. I worked on a team and lead a weekly team meetings to review – more... our pipeline and target new clients. Applying my business development and marketing, networking skills to the daily tasks of staying informed in the community and brokerage culture were my favorite part of the job. Most difficult part was the detailed reporting. – less
Working at Colliers was demanding and a great oportunity for me
Chief Engineer (Former Employee), Rosemont, ILJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: not enough family time on call 24/7 365 days a year.
Colliers is a wonderful place to work.The people made the company teamwork was our key to success.
Productive and fun place to work
Construction Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, VADecember 12, 2013
Pros: independence
Cons: subject to corporate decisions of one client.
Work can range from responding to lost keys, vandalism, and fire alarms to graffiti removal, retention pond clean out and snow removal.
A Great Summer Experience
o Market Research Summer Intern (Former Employee), Reno, NVDecember 2, 2013
A typical day at work included working on Spreadsheets that involved statistics and research involving the current market in Northern Nevada. I also answered phone calls from perspective and current clients, and reported all information found to Senior Management. I learned a lot about working with Excel and about dealing with customers on a daily basis, – more... and learned to present information to management. – less

1 2 3 4

About colliers international

Colliers Macaulay Nicolls, or CMN International, is the largest member of Colliers International's global network of affiliated – Read more

colliers international Photos