Colliers International Employee Reviews

Will need to work hard
Accounting Manager, Real Estate Management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2017
Capacity was maximized for each employee. Will need to work overtime from time to time. Company culture was acceptable with minimal supervision for most time.
Cons
Setup as CPA office
Property Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2017
Accountant can prepare and post most journal entries. Manager review based on a check list done by accountant. Hard work and working attitude are appreciated.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
temp job
Property Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2017
Would have looked to work there, unfortunately it was just a temp position filling for someone on sick leave for couple of weeks. I joined working with the small accounting team located at 150 bloor st.
Respond to tenant service requests in an efficient and accurate manner
Service Technician III (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2017
* Maintenance of multi property building operations

* Create and maintain customer/tenant relationships

* Supervise contractors to ensure they are completing the job up to par with building codes
Cons
not flexiable
Colliers achieved AON Gold level best employer status
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 December 2016
The company has taken great strides in understanding our Clients' needs and working with other departments to provide full service from brokerage to project management, property management and operations.
Pros
Flexible work hours, summer and Christmas events
Cons
Could improve communication and understanding who needs to be in the loop sooner.
Great team to work with
Marketing Specialist & Receptionist (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 August 2016
Great, knowledgeable, and friendly team. Work culture is open, inviting, and collaborative. Management is understanding and supportive. Typical office hours with the occasional special event in the community or hosted on-site. Although the team is small, it is a busy team. Very driven and passionate people to work alongside.
very friendly management
Building Operator Trainee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 July 2016
fun place to work with and lots of opportunities to learn new things.
Friendly Management and they always helpful with work
Learned to be successful in many different asset classes
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2016
I attained a broad spectrum of experience crossing many asset classes. I was able to grow individually and work as a team player in a corporate structure.
Great company, time for a change
Intermediate Accountant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 February 2016
Co-workers are great and the company is growing and getting better year after year. Job advancement within the company is questionable.
Company with diverse opportunities for growth and learning
Corporate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Downtown Toronto3 February 2016
Duties are clearly defined as well as chain of command. Management tolerant and collaborative. Co-workers positive and interesting personalities. The most enjoyable part of job were all those crazy parties, especially dressing up at the workplace for Halloween. The hardest moment was contract termination :(
Enjoyable but there was a lot of on-call overtime
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 January 2016
Most of the job was driving from site to site, maintaining the properties to the company standards. Not a lot of work/life balance.
productive & fun place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  downtown vancouver3 January 2016
a typical day at work processing at least 100 accounts payable invoices per day. Learned to deal with different kinds of people from all walks of life. The most enjoyable part of the job is communicating everyday via email to different kinds of people all over the world and the USA.
Pros
birthday cakes every month
Cons
busy downtown area
Environmental friendly company
Environmental Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 November 2015
A very nice company to work for. Definitely stepping towards being a leader in sustainability. Offers many fun and interactive employee events to keep everyone engaged.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
workload
No direction or incentives
Staff member (Former Employee) –  Canada22 September 2015
Good intentions from the start, however the "boys club" was a disappointment in an organization of this size, still a small business comparatively if Colliers was not a half owner of McClocklin. No incentives or upward movement. The "fall in line with the others" work environment is out dated and they need to "loosen" their collars if they want to stay relevant and up-to-date, especially attracting young talent.
Pros
Downtown location, parking space, awesome admin support
Cons
Replaced performace reviews with goals, silently sideline staff if they feel they are out of line or have a unique management style
Long hours with small amount of managment
Senior Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary AB14 September 2015
The job I held was working on every area of the building, working from side walk to the the top of the building. Curb to heaven.
Property Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 May 2015
This company gave me my head start. They opened the doors of commercial property management for me and I haven't looked back.
Building Operator in a high paced enviornment
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 April 2015
Respond to tenant orders in a timely and responsible manner, with follow up when necessary. Take care updating and maintaining a large mall complex with two 6 floor towers, two hertiage schools with a mall between them. My supervisor is tentative and understanding when I approach him with issues involving work. My co-workers and I work cohesivley together to accomplish tasks in a timely matter. Ensuring and prioritizing multipe jobs that are being performed at the same time are all completed by days end. I truly enjoy my interaction with the tenants in the building, outside contractors and the clients coming into the mall which gives me great pleasure.
Pros
Tenant Interaction
Cons
Work Volume
Fun to work
Concierge Security Officer - (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2015
I have been working with people for more than 10 years. In that time I have gained a strong and distinct understanding of how to forge lasting relationships with them, and to really understand what they're looking for. Using my insight has enabled me to fully assess what talent companies really need. This has resulted in allowing me to source candidates using highly effective techniques and match them to the right company for immediate and long-term success.
Pros
People are appreciating
Cons
Too quite sometimes
Colliers Intern
Data Associate Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 January 2015
Typical Day: Building( office and Industrial) Walks, Searching tenant information, Calling Tenants, inputting data into the CRM

Hardest Part: learning to use the CRM

Most enjoyable part: The people and overall culture
Queit place with positive people
Internship Student (Administrative Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 October 2014
I was an internship student at Colliers International. I worked on several environmental related projects for the building and company itself. The people there are very nice and helpful but at the same time they are work driven.
Pros
office environment, helpful
Cons
little to none interaction among others

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Colliers International. Our community is ready to answer.

Colliers International Reviews by Location