Colliers International

Colliers International Employee Reviews

Great team to work with
Marketing Specialist & Receptionist (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 August 2016
Great, knowledgeable, and friendly team. Work culture is open, inviting, and collaborative. Management is understanding and supportive. Typical office hours with the occasional special event in the community or hosted on-site. Although the team is small, it is a busy team. Very driven and passionate people to work alongside.
Colliers achieved AON Gold level best employer status
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 December 2016
The company has taken great strides in understanding our Clients' needs and working with other departments to provide full service from brokerage to project management, property management and operations.
Pros
Flexible work hours, summer and Christmas events
Cons
Could improve communication and understanding who needs to be in the loop sooner.
Respond to tenant service requests in an efficient and accurate manner
Service Technician III (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2017
* Maintenance of multi property building operations

* Create and maintain customer/tenant relationships

* Supervise contractors to ensure they are completing the job up to par with building codes
Cons
not flexiable
very friendly management
Building Operator Trainee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 July 2016
fun place to work with and lots of opportunities to learn new things.
Friendly Management and they always helpful with work
Company with diverse opportunities for growth and learning
Corporate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Downtown Toronto3 February 2016
Duties are clearly defined as well as chain of command. Management tolerant and collaborative. Co-workers positive and interesting personalities. The most enjoyable part of job were all those crazy parties, especially dressing up at the workplace for Halloween. The hardest moment was contract termination :(
No direction or incentives
Staff member (Former Employee) –  Canada22 September 2015
Good intentions from the start, however the "boys club" was a disappointment in an organization of this size, still a small business comparatively if Colliers was not a half owner of McClocklin. No incentives or upward movement. The "fall in line with the others" work environment is out dated and they need to "loosen" their collars if they want to stay relevant and up-to-date, especially attracting young talent.
Pros
Downtown location, parking space, awesome admin support
Cons
Replaced performace reviews with goals, silently sideline staff if they feel they are out of line or have a unique management style
Great company, time for a change
Intermediate Accountant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 February 2016
Co-workers are great and the company is growing and getting better year after year. Job advancement within the company is questionable.
Highly competitive internal/external environment
Property Management (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 November 2013
fast paced
lots of politics and internal political maneuvering
secretive moody management
if you are young and beautiful you will do well
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
backbiters and office politics
Enjoyable but there was a lot of on-call overtime
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 January 2016
Most of the job was driving from site to site, maintaining the properties to the company standards. Not a lot of work/life balance.
Learned to be successful in many different asset classes
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2016
I attained a broad spectrum of experience crossing many asset classes. I was able to grow individually and work as a team player in a corporate structure.
Good people,great job satisfaction.
Service technician /facility services (Former Employee) –  Parkdale area8 May 2013
As a full- time / part time (5 hours per day) I was first in, checking that all systems were functioning and areas were secure,clean and well lit. Responded to any requests ,from the client, concerning their health, safety, or general comfort, and the running of the entire facility (HVAC, plumbing, landscaping,parking,housekeeping).
as well as being on 24/7 call.
The staff and management of the building were all professionals with a dedication to their clients that I found quite refreshing. It was often difficult to see the clients in such need and uplifting in the staff's ability to ease these peoples navigation of the social walfare system.
Pros
Great people
Cons
The 24/7 calls were sometimes very inconvient, but always attended to.
Excellent workplace
Marketing Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 September 2014
Creative, busy and demanding, great company culture and benefits.
Pros
Benefits and company culture
Assisted the General Manager with the preparation of monthly management reports, memorandum of understanding, Sub-lease agreement and summary sublease
EXECUTIVE SECRETARY / LEASING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  UAE30 September 2014
I was responsible on a daily basis for ensuring the smooth operation of the management office and administrative functions as well providing administrative support to the Corporation Executive Directors. I have coordinated links all departments together for the smooth running of the office and coordinated with groups within the business to ensure the implementation of new programs and policies
productive & fun place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  downtown vancouver3 January 2016
a typical day at work processing at least 100 accounts payable invoices per day. Learned to deal with different kinds of people from all walks of life. The most enjoyable part of the job is communicating everyday via email to different kinds of people all over the world and the USA.
Pros
birthday cakes every month
Cons
busy downtown area
Great social aspect with a focus on hard work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 November 2012
Greeting clients etc and direct calls to appropriate people
I've learned a lot about Commercial real estate and Corporate lifestyle
We have new management
I love my co workers, they are hard working, really fun people
hardest part of this job is sitting in one place all day and having unhappy clients yell at me.
Is seeing people happy and having a hand in it
Pros
great social times
Cons
nepatism
Building Operator in a high paced enviornment
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 April 2015
Respond to tenant orders in a timely and responsible manner, with follow up when necessary. Take care updating and maintaining a large mall complex with two 6 floor towers, two hertiage schools with a mall between them. My supervisor is tentative and understanding when I approach him with issues involving work. My co-workers and I work cohesivley together to accomplish tasks in a timely matter. Ensuring and prioritizing multipe jobs that are being performed at the same time are all completed by days end. I truly enjoy my interaction with the tenants in the building, outside contractors and the clients coming into the mall which gives me great pleasure.
Pros
Tenant Interaction
Cons
Work Volume
Environmental friendly company
Environmental Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 November 2015
A very nice company to work for. Definitely stepping towards being a leader in sustainability. Offers many fun and interactive employee events to keep everyone engaged.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
workload
Colliers Intern
Data Associate Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 January 2015
Typical Day: Building( office and Industrial) Walks, Searching tenant information, Calling Tenants, inputting data into the CRM

Hardest Part: learning to use the CRM

Most enjoyable part: The people and overall culture
Poor management - STAY AWAY
Annonymous (Former Employee) –  Annonymous19 December 2012
Under new management - no care for employees, you will become a number and dispensible in a second. Corporate and local managers have no people skills, Human Resources have no care for people but their own success.
Cons
bad environment, poor management.
Property Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 May 2015
This company gave me my head start. They opened the doors of commercial property management for me and I haven't looked back.

Colliers International Reviews by Location