colliers international Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Company with diverse opportunities for growth and learning
Corporate Accountant (Former Employee), Downtown TorontoFebruary 3, 2016
Duties are clearly defined as well as chain of command. Management tolerant and collaborative. Co-workers positive and interesting personalities. The most enjoyable part of job were all those crazy parties, especially dressing up at the workplace for Halloween. The hardest moment was contract termination :(
Enjoyable but there was a lot of on-call overtime
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 17, 2016
Most of the job was driving from site to site, maintaining the properties to the company standards. Not a lot of work/life balance.
productive & fun place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), downtown vancouverJanuary 3, 2016
Pros: birthday cakes every month
Cons: busy downtown area
a typical day at work processing at least 100 accounts payable invoices per day. Learned to deal with different kinds of people from all walks of life. The most enjoyable part of the job is communicating everyday via email to different kinds of people all over the world and the USA.
Environmental friendly company
Environmental Management Intern (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 9, 2015
Pros: Free coffee
Cons: workload
A very nice company to work for. Definitely stepping towards being a leader in sustainability. Offers many fun and interactive employee events to keep everyone engaged.
No direction or incentives
Staff member (Former Employee), CanadaSeptember 22, 2015
Pros: Downtown location, parking space, awesome admin support
Cons: Replaced performace reviews with goals, silently sideline staff if they feel they are out of line or have a unique management style
Good intentions from the start, however the "boys club" was a disappointment in an organization of this size, still a small business comparatively if Colliers was not a half owner of McClocklin. No incentives or upward movement. The "fall in line with the others" work environment is out dated and they need to "loosen" their collars if they want to stay relevant and up-to-date, especially attracting young talent.
Long hours with small amount of managment
Senior Service Technician (Former Employee), Calgary ABSeptember 14, 2015
The job I held was working on every area of the building, working from side walk to the the top of the building. Curb to heaven.
Property Administrator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 14, 2015
This company gave me my head start. They opened the doors of commercial property management for me and I haven't looked back.
Building Operator in a high paced enviornment
Service Technician (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 12, 2015
Pros: Tenant Interaction
Cons: Work Volume
Respond to tenant orders in a timely and responsible manner, with follow up when necessary. Take care updating and maintaining a large mall complex with two 6 floor towers, two hertiage schools with a mall between them. My supervisor is tentative and understanding when I approach him with issues involving work. My co-workers and I work cohesivley together to accomplish tasks in a timely matter. Ensuring and prioritizing multipe jobs that are being performed at the same time are all completed by days end. I truly enjoy my interaction with the tenants in the building, outside contractors and the clients coming into the mall which gives me great pleasure.
Fun to work
Concierge Security Officer - (Part-time) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: people are appreciating
Cons: too quite sometimes
I have been working with people for more than 10 years. In that time I have gained a strong and distinct understanding of how to forge lasting relationships with them, and to really understand what they're looking for. Using my insight has enabled me to fully assess what talent companies really need. This has resulted in allowing me to source candidates using highly effective techniques and match them to the right company for immediate and long-term success.
Colliers Intern
Data Associate Intern (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 20, 2015
Typical Day: Building( office and Industrial) Walks, Searching tenant information, Calling Tenants, inputting data into the CRM

Hardest Part: learning to use the CRM

Most enjoyable part: The people and overall culture
Queit place with positive people
Internship Student (Administrative Assistant) (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 3, 2014
Pros: office environment, helpful
Cons: little to none interaction among others
I was an internship student at Colliers International. I worked on several environmental related projects for the building and company itself. The people there are very nice and helpful but at the same time they are work driven.
Assisted the General Manager with the preparation of monthly management reports, memorandum of understanding, Sub-lease agreement and summary sublease
EXECUTIVE SECRETARY / LEASING COORDINATOR (Former Employee), UAESeptember 30, 2014
I was responsible on a daily basis for ensuring the smooth operation of the management office and administrative functions as well providing administrative support to the Corporation Executive Directors. I have coordinated links all departments together for the smooth running of the office and coordinated with groups within the business to ensure the implementation of new programs and policies
Excellent workplace
Marketing Project Manager (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: benefits and company culture
Creative, busy and demanding, great company culture and benefits.
Fast paced and energetic work environment
People Services Coordinator (Former Employee), VancouverFebruary 17, 2014
There is no such thing as a "typical day" at Colliers as everyday is very eventful. There is a lot of opportunity to learn.
Commercial Real Estate
Client Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 3, 2013
Excellent opportunity to learn various aspects of the business
Highly competitive internal/external environment
Property Management (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 4, 2013
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: backbiters and office politics
fast paced
lots of politics and internal political maneuvering
secretive moody management
if you are young and beautiful you will do well
Good people,great job satisfaction.
Service technician /facility services (Former Employee), Parkdale areaMay 8, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: the 24/7 calls were sometimes very inconvient, but always attended to.
As a full- time / part time (5 hours per day) I was first in, checking that all systems were functioning and areas were secure,clean and well lit. Responded to any requests ,from the client, concerning their health, safety, or general comfort, and the running of the entire facility (HVAC, plumbing, landscaping,parking,housekeeping).
as well as being on 24/7 call.
The staff and management of the building were all professionals with a dedication to their clients that I found quite refreshing. It was often difficult to see the clients in such need and uplifting in the staff's ability to ease these peoples navigation of the social walfare system.
Poor management - STAY AWAY
Annonymous (Former Employee), AnnonymousDecember 19, 2012
Cons: bad environment, poor management.
Under new management - no care for employees, you will become a number and dispensible in a second. Corporate and local managers have no people skills, Human Resources have no care for people but their own success.
Great social aspect with a focus on hard work
Receptionist (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 21, 2012
Pros: great social times
Cons: nepatism
Greeting clients etc and direct calls to appropriate people
I've learned a lot about Commercial real estate and Corporate lifestyle
We have new management
I love my co workers, they are hard working, really fun people
hardest part of this job is sitting in one place all day and having unhappy clients yell at me.
Is seeing people happy and having a hand in it
Remote outpost with few IT staff - excellent location and conditions
SENIOR REPORTS DEVELOPER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 8, 2012
Pros: releaxed atmosphere
Colliers Corporate IT has a few people in the Toronto office. Seattle, the corporate head office, has the bulk of IT staff. It's a very relaxed environment with practically no supervisors on site, but all the staff are seasoned IT professionals who manage themselves. Colliers is a global company and therefore I had to work with people in India and Hong Kong. Sometimes the differences in time zones are a bit challenging, but overall, it's an excellent place to work.