Purpose of Position:
The Team Resource Leader will work with the sales team to create marketing material, conduct market research, analyze financial information and create financial models in support of commercial real estate investment sales transactions.
The role of this position is to underwrite and prepare marketing material for properties listed by Colliers Edmonton National Investment Services group, thereby providing each investment opportunity with fair, balanced and well-researched support information. The Team Resource Leader will offer invaluable insight during the underwriting process and be a creative thinker with an affinity for financial analysis. This position does not involve cold calling or sales.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Report writing and the preparation of proposals, brochures, confidential information memoranda, general correspondence, presentations, and meeting minutes.
- Analyzing leases, building reports, financial statements, zoning bylaws, and other information pertaining to the property to develop a concise but meaningful overview of the investment opportunity’s highlights and limitations.
- Financial analysis, including scenario analyses and interpretation of various statistics such as market growth figures, construction costs, and current lease rates.
- Market research initiatives for the purpose of developing creative and innovative reports for team members and clients.
- File management including trade offers, listing agreements, marketing packages, and due diligence material.
- Maintaining the team’s robust social media presence as a medium for staying top of mind within the network of private and institutional investors.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is an asset (especially InDesign, Photoshop, and Acrobat).
- Travel to properties to take photos as required, from time to time.
- Additional duties as required by the National Investment Services team.
- University degree with a minimum core course GPA of 3.5, preferably with a major in finance, marketing, accounting, or management information systems. Those with equivalent work experience will also be considered.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to approach issues from unique perspectives to produce creative and effective results.
- The ability to thrive in a high-pressure, fast-paced team environment.
- A strong attention to detail for both proofreading and accurate financial analysis.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Diligent and results-oriented with an excellent work ethic.
- A positive attitude towards undertaking new challenges.
- A resolute commitment to honesty and accountability.
- A valid driver’s license and clean criminal record.
- Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to deliver results; seldom gives up before reaching the goal, even when faced with resistance or setbacks.
- Uses rigorous logic and efficient methods to solve difficult problems; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop till the best answer is found.
- Makes good decisions in a timely manner, based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice.
- Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be direct and forceful, as well as diplomatic and respectful; has a good sense of timing.
- Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve performance; understands that different situations may call for different skills and approaches; works to deploy strengths; works on compensating for weakness and focuses on development opportunities.
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of clients; acts with the client in mind; possesses a strong sense of integrity.