College of the North Atlantic Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun workplace
Chemistry Instructional Assistant / ABE (Former Employee), Labrador, CanadaFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: got to travel
Cons: very cold
Generally an interesting and focused work environment. Management was good and encouraged teachers to give of their best, co-workers were very friendly and accommodating. I leaned to adapt in different environments but the hardest part was the winter time, the cold temperatures out in Labrador. The best part was having a totally different setting to live and work and learn new things and new people.
awesome place to work
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Stephenville, NLNovember 26, 2014
This was an awesome experience. I completed my four week work term at this place and would highly recommend this as a great place to work. Unfortunately, they were not hiring at the time I completed this work term. While there I worked in the accounts payable department and found this to be a very fast paced area. I enjoyed every minute of it.
Good place to start my apprenticeship.
Heavy Equipment Technician Apprentice (Former Employee), stephenville, nlOctober 14, 2014
Excellent place to start my apprenticeship, without the rush of industry, there was a lot of time, which allowed me to take my time and go through jobs with my journeymen and learn as much as possible.
Instrumentation & Process Control Instructor / Technologist
Instrumentation & Process Control Instructor (Current Employee), St. John's, NLJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: motivating people to step outside the box.
Cons: working for government.
Operator/Maintenance of new Chemical Engineering Process Technology Plant.
Includes: Three Phase Oil Separation Trainerl, Gas Separator Trainer, Gas Absorption Trainer, Binary Distillation Tower Trainer, and a Fluidized Catalytic Cracker Trainer

Operator/Maintenance of Oil and Gas Production Facility can separate up to 500 barrels/24 hr.

Accreditation of Instrumentation & Controls Technician apprenticeship program.

Develop new course curriculum for DCS and PLC, Advanced Control Strategies programs.

Installation of Wireless modules and Control unit, calibration and testing.

Very rewarding and challenging.
Highly recommend
Education Coordinator (Former Employee), Placentia, NLJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: management
Excellent corporate culture, awesome place to work for.

Managers are easy to get along with, fellow employees, laid back but a lot of work gets done.
Excellent working environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Labrador City, NLDecember 5, 2013
Pros: tasks are constantly changing and provide a professional challenge
Cons: no permanent positions available at this time.
Challenging and fast paced work environment! Enjoyed working with the other staff and would love a full time permanent position in the educational environment.
Safety Instructor/Curriculum Consultant
Instructor/Curriculum Consultant (Current Employee), Burin, NLJuly 19, 2013
Safety Instructor/Curriculum Consultant

Teaching Safety Related Courses

Materials Research Technologist
Fun work place.
Instructor (Former Employee), St. John's, NLAugust 18, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not often long hours but with compensation.
I enjoyed working here due to unexpected challenges of students at different levels of competency.
Team work and corporative working place.
Student peer tutor (Former Employee), ST John's NLJuly 21, 2012
Pros: work independently.
Cons: not meeting my targets.
It enabled me to utilize my skills abilities and improve my interpersonal and communication skills because of working with different students .my supervisor and my co-workers were very helpful.
Friendly employees
Secretary (Former Employee), Stephenville, NLJune 18, 2012
Pros: awesome employees and hours.
Such an amazing place to work. Everyone is serious about their jobs but also know how to have fun at the same time. This was my second job as a receptionist, so they taught me everything I have learned.