Founded in 1891, the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia ensures the public receives safe and effective pharmacy care by registering and regulating pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and by licensing community and hospital pharmacies. A progressive, learning organization located in Vancouver, the College is governed by a 12-member Board and employs approximately 35 motivated and engaged staff.
A hands-on position, the Chief Operating Officer reports directly to the Registrar and is an integral member of the Leadership Team. The Chief Operating Officer is responsible for overseeing all operational aspects of the College.
Qualifications & Skills
- Masters degree in business administration or equivalent education
- Accounting designation an asset
- 10 years experience in a leadership role or in a regulatory organization
- Intermediate computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong project management skills
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to build a high performing team
- Strong interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization skills with ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong detail orientation and drive for accuracy
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast paced environment
- Ability to deliver results under pressure and during times of ambiguity
- Strong problem solving skills and analytical thinking skills
- Strong commitment to continual learning
- Develops and leads the execution of strategies that support operations and oversees the implementation of organization-wide operational processes, systems, and practices
- Works with the Leadership Team to determine how changes to legislation affect the College’s operational strategy and adjusts or re-directs strategy accordingly
- Develops systems and measures that appropriately assess organizational and operational performance and reviews progress to ensure achievement of targets
- Works with the Leadership Team to create and propose the annual operating and capital budgets for operations and all departments to the Board
- Oversees human resources, including workforce planning, compensation and benefits, recruitment, orientation, and HR policies and procedures
- Oversees security and building/premises operations
- Oversees information technology, ensuring that ongoing IT needs are identified and met
- Oversees finance, including the execution of accounting practices related to accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll; ensures accuracy and timeliness; and liaises with auditors annually
- Analyzes financial reports and presents information to the Leadership Team and Board
The College offers an excellent and challenging work environment where innovation, teamwork and creativity are highly valued. If you are interested in joining our team, please submit a cover letter and resume.
Application deadline: Friday, September 5, 2014
*Please note that resumes will not be kept on file and only successful candidates will be contacted.